New Year

G-Dragon X Taeyeon Winter Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was New Year eve and Jiyong is alone in his apartment, he had declined his friends’ invitation to a party at their usual club. He had just gotten back from Japan the previous day and couldn’t wait to see his girlfriend. However, Taeyeon had to attend MBC’s music festival, which means, they couldn’t spend the last few hours of 2016 together. That annoyed Jiyong, but since he worked in the same industry, he understood. Visiting their family was hard enough, dating wouldn’t be any easier.

Bored, Jiyong decided to look for something to eat in the kitchen as he waited for Taeyeon’s performance on TV. He found a package of uncooked popcorn on one of the cabinets few minutes later. After reading the cooking instructions, he put the package in the microwave and waited for it to cook. As he waited, his phone suddenly rings. He frowned before pulling his iPhone out of his pocket.

Kim Taeyeon <3

The caller ID.

“Hello?” Jiyong eagerly picked up the phone before the microwave dinged.

“Jiyong!” Taeyeon called out enthusiastically.

“What is it, baby?” Jiyong asked as he poured the now cooked popcorn to a huge bowl before walking towards the living room.

“Are you tuning in?”

“Yeah, when is your performance?” Jiyong said as he looked at the TV screen.

“In five minutes,” Taeyeon informed giddily.

“Okay, good luck! Break a leg,” Jiyong said, cheering her up.

“Yeay! Thanks.”

“And… baby?”

“Yeah?”

“Remember to do your best!”

“Always will! Thanks!” Taeyeon gratefully thanked him. “I gotta go, Ji. I need to get ready. I love you!”

“I love you too! See you later!”

“Yeah,” was her reply before the call ended. Jiyong huffed as he plopped down on the sofa and started grabbing the popcorn from the bowl.

It was a few minutes later when he heard the intro of Taeyeon’s song finally playing. He straightened his back and focused back on the TV, neglecting the bowl of popcorns for a while. The moment she appeared on the screen, Jiyong’s jaw dropped, literally. She was only wearing a simple black dress with a floral pattern on it but still managed to look gorgeous in it. The moment she started singing, Jiyong’s jaw dropped even lower-if that’s even possible.

Jiyong joked about Taeyeon’s live-singing once. He by asking her how many CDs she ate in one day because her voice sounds just like the CD every time she performed. She didn’t get the joke at first until her member, Sooyoung, explained about it to her. Jiyong couldn’t stop laughing at her dumbfounded face after understanding the meaning of the joke.

The performance ended soon after and Jiyong did a standing-ovation, which had looked really weird since he was alone in his apartment. He texted Taeyeon immediately, telling her that she did a great job and that he is proud of her. Of course he is proud, she has been talking about going solo since years ago. Her company didn’t let her at first, telling her she needs time. Finally, after a lot of convincing and hard work, it all paid off now. She got the recognition she deserved and of course, money. Lots of them! Just kidding!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a little over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter