Hero

Same Destiny

Luckily Sophie hadn't seen that professor since their last encounter. Though she couldn't forget the kiss, she was more calm now. It's been about two weeks, and the only information she gathered up about him was what she knew already. According to the girls in her classroom and inside the lady's room, Professor Pendragon was teaching the class with all the magic students, but he was seen often roaming around the human halls and flirting with the female students. No wonder Sophie had never seen this man, she was always in the library. Though she knew it would not be wise to have any personal ties with a professor, she couldn't deny that he had charmed her with his good looks and charismatic personality. 
' That good-for-nothing sly professor!' she damned him in her mind.

This day, she took the night train back. Sore from putting the heavy books back onto the high shelves, she started massaging her arms. Suddenly, the train came to an adrupt stop. The doors swung open and an old woman got onto the train. She spoke to each passenger, but after she was done talking to them, the passengers either walked off the train or fainted one by one. So frightened that she could not speak, the only thing Sophie could do was look at the woman. The old lady was quite small and thin, but was walked in elegance. She walked straight to Sophie next," Child...Would you care to join me on my mission to rebel against the crown?" she smiled. 
Sophie trembled, " I-I I will not...What have... you done to them?" 
The woman laughed hysterically. " how bold to question me. I'll give you a taste of what happened to them." Her hand reached out to touch Sophie's cheeks, but suddenly she was repelled back. " You, child, is a witch?"
Bewildered by her question, she replied honestly. " I do not posses any power."
" Then you are protected by someone who possess great power. Power that even I cannot pass. Lead me to this person! I must seek him!" 
" I do not understand what you are saying. There is no one that I know that possess such power."
" you will not tell me?" She shook her head. " Then I will curse you in defiance, HUMAN! Though I cannot harm you physically, my curse will be able to get through your barriers." 
Light sparkled through Sophie's body as the woman started chanting words. Suddenly, she became shorter, her hair that was braided had come loose and was now up to her neck, her clothes had shrunk, and her voice had peeked. 
"What's this? Did I just rewinded a curse that you already had? Child, you are a strange one...However, if you want to get back to your natural state again, bring me your protecter. Just tell them I am Morgana. They'll know where to find me. Goodbye for now, child..." 
The old lady dissapeared. The train started moving again and the passengers who fell asleep had awaken. Everything had gone back to normal except Sophie.
She looked at the window pane and saw her 13 year old self again. "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Quietly, she passed through the guards surrounding her house. She entered her room and packed her things. Luckily, she had saved some of her precious dresses as a child. She then decided to write a letter to her family. 
" I have decided to travel to the capital of Euthia. I will be gone for a while. Don't worry about me. I will be there with a few classmates who are also traveling with me. I'll see youguys once I have finished my conquest. Until then, be safe and stay healthy my loves. Love, Sophie." 
She quickly ran out of the house after taking all of her saved money and enough food. 
It was almost midnight and Sophie had no place to go. Suddenly, a flyer flew right into her face. 
" LOOKING FOR A BABYSITTER" It was worth a shot. Sophie headed towards the address written on the paper. Although it was dark, the streets were still crowed with men and women. Movie theaters were really popular. Bars and Casino were around every corner. Fashion districts dominated the empty spaces. Cabs were waiting to take people home. In front of hotels stood ladies. Men were always visiting these hotels. 
One of these hotels was very grand and only men of status could enter the door. The ladies were the finest in town. They all looked like nymphs of ancient times, wearing revealing fitted dress, sparkling jewlery and fur shawls. 
Unsure if she would even make it to the door, Sophie had to give it a shot or else she might end up sleeping outside in the cold. Copying the ladies, she walked proudly towards the door, but was stopped by two of the women gaurding it. 
" My oh my! what is a child doing in this kind of place!" One of the ladies said. 
" I'm sorry, but your father is busy. Now, hurry along home!" The other said. 
" Actually, I'm here to find work." 
"OH?... Listen child. You deserve a better life. Go and find a better job! SHOO!"
"Wait! Hold on- umph" Sophie was pushed back but luckly came to a halt. She turned her head up to see who she had bumped into. 
" She's with me," the man said. 
'Professor Pendragon?!' She screamed in her head.
" Sir, you know the rules. We cannot allow anyone other than our guest to enter this door," they reasoned with him.
" Darlings." He took both of them in his arms. He caressed their hair and whispered in each of their ear. " This will just be between you and me. I will thoroughly reward you in just a bit if you let her in," he seductively said.
The two girls swoon in his arms and he quickly let them go. Grabbing Sophie's hand, he led them into the hotel.
"This is no place for a young lady such as yourself." He scolded her. " Who is your father? I will find him for you." 
' You're one to talk, you HOLY teacher' she looked at him in disgust. She wasn't even surprised that he visited these kinds of places.  " I'm looking for work here." 
"CHILD! YOU CANNOT!" He put his hands on her shoulder. " You must never work in these types of job. Do you go to school? Stay in school!" 
" I can't go to school anymore..."
" Where is your home. I'll talk to your parents."
" I.. I don't have a home anymore..." Sophie was starting to get emotional as she began thinking about her family.
"Don't tell me," Professor Pendragon's lips trembled, " your parents died and now you're an orphan who can't support yourself anymore and that's why you're trying to get a job." He embraced Sophie and started crying. " What a pitiful child. I will be your gaurdian until you can support yourself. Don't work for these kinds of job. You have so much potential. Now, let's go home." 

Professor Pendragon owned the newly vehicle called " Limo". Only rich people owned Limos because these cars were made for the servants to drive the masters around instead of wagons like in the old days. 
Once they got inside of the car, Professor Pendragon offered Sophie candy. " Would you like some candy for right now, little miss? I'm sure you are hungry. When we get home, you can get a full meal." 
" How do I not know you are telling me the truth and did not put drugs in that candy..." 
" Oh my...You must've experienced some horrible encounters. Do not doubt me, child, as I am a friend of yours. I wouldn't dare to drug beautiful women in such a simple way." He gave her a chilling smile.