Encounter

Same Destiny

Sophie is in her first year as a student of Shinka University. Although riding the train is tiring and quite frightening with the amount of strangers all clumped in one tight space, she is willing to take it just so she can attend the school. The morning train ride consisted of old women loudly laughing and gossiping, old men snoring or turning the pages of newpaper, young teens play fighting with eachother, and young girls sometimes sreaming out of the blue. Often, some guys in their 30s would be escorted from the train with officers, following behind would be the young girl who screamed... only now she was in tears.

The night train was the exact opposite. Only about 10 people were usually on the train going back home. These people did not make a sound. The only noise you can hear came from the vibration of the tracks below. Sophie did not like to take the night train; she tried to avoid it as much as she could. However, occassionally the librarian would ask her to help organize the books back onto the shelf in which case leads her to take the night train. 

The sun was barely awake like usual when Sophie got in the train. She russled her way past the first few people but got stuck between a few older men who had there backs against hers. Immediately her gaurds were up as she knew this might not be a good situtuation. 
" Did you hear? Queen Beth is issuing a royal command. Anyone who displays magic in visible sight will be automatically punished," said an old lady who was sitting at the left corner of Sophie's eyes. 
Her friend replied, " Oh yes, they already sent a warning that Magicians can only use magic for self defense in the middle of this year. It's only been a couple of months and they are issuing another restriction..."
" Well... the rebels have been terrorizing the neighborhoods more often after the first restriction."
" I just hope there will not be a war against ourselves any time soon." 

Sophie was trying to listen to them, but she was interupted by the touch on her knee. At first, she had thought it was an accident, but a second later, it brushed again. Although she prayed that it would never happen to her, Sophie had ask her bodygaurds at home to teach her some self-defense skills. She trembled with the excitement of finally putting her skills to the test. The touches were slowing moving up towards her skirt now. Sophie closed her eyes, counted to three, and then grabbed the man's hand and flipped him on the ground. As she turned around to finish the other guy, she saw a younger male with black hair.
The younger male reached his hand towards her " Are you o-" Sophie gave him no chance to speak and immediately flipped him around also. 
For some odd reasons, there were now three guys on the ground. She had only attacked two...
The younger male placed his hand on his chest as he struggled to get back up. 
" You..." He had stopped speaking to catch his breath. " You, young lady, is a strong...strong woman." 
 She looked at him with fear in her eyes, but her face stayed expressionless. The man slowly took a step towards her. "Stop!... If you come any closer, I'll scream." 
"You don't get it. I was helping you. Ask everybody else." Sophie looked around and everyone was nodding their head in agreement. 
The security gaurds had showed up by now. They arrested the two individuals who were still laying on the ground, and escorted Sophie and the young man out of the train. They reached one of the small security buildings. 
" Are you one of the suspects also?!" The guards started to handcuff the younger man. 
Sophie stepped in, " Wait! He's not-"
" I wouldn't. I am a university professor attending the same school as my fellow student here. I saw her being harrassed, and as my precious student, I just had to step in and save her. Unfortunately, she did not see me and assumed I was one of her attackers. But we finally cleared things up." The younger male was so persuasive that the guards did not second guess and quicklt left to take the other criminals away.
 

The younger male turned around towards Sophie and grinned widely. 
Sophie was still suspicious of this man who claimed to be her professor, " What department of subject do you teach, Professor?" 
" Call me Professor Pendragon. And I teach the Department of magic."
Sophie's eyes opened wide in surprise. Professor Pendragon smiled even wider once he saw the expression on her face. " Do I scare you child?" Sophie cautiously shook her head. " Good. I wouldn't want such a pretty lady to dislike me. Since we are late, let's hurry!" He went behind Sophie, took both of her hands, and magically lifted them both up till they reached a good height off the ground. 
"WOOOOAHHHH! I'm gonna fall! Let me down!" 
"Don't worry. Trust in me. This is the fastest way to get to school." He suddenly started shape-shifting into a large, dark blue, bird. At first, Sophie was frightened to look down, but Professor Pendragon persuade her to peak at the view. Seeing how beatiful it was, she yelled in excitement.
The two finally landed on the roof of one of the school buildings after a few minutes of departing. 
Sophie had gotten down from one of Professor Pendragon's foot, but she was so excited that she turned around and hugged his big, feathery body. 
Professor Pendragon looked at her in shock. Feeling her warmth, he slowly transformed back into his human form. He smirked," Are you planning to keep hugging this body?" 
Sophie opened her eyes and pulled away from his chest. She looked up at his handsome face, then unthinkingly down at his private area. Sophie gasped as she quickly turned around and put her hands over her eyes. " I- I did see- I mean I did NOT see anything!"
"AHAHA, relax child! I don't quite mind you looking at me anyways."
" you sly man!" She turned around to confront his womanizing ways, but saw his body once again. Sophie ripped her dress that was at her ankle to a little under her knees. She threw her ripped cloth at him. " Here, cover up. I'll be back from the Doctor's office with a blanket for you."
After sneeking into the doctor's office and stealing the blanket on the bed, she ran back to the roof. Huffing and puffing, she gave him the blanket. " Here. This is a better coverup." As her eyes met his, she noticed that she was gently smiling at her with eyes that were sparkling. His gaze melted her heart and she forced herself to look away from such a captivating devil.
" Thank you." He suddenly kissed Sophie's head before sneaking out the door. Sophie stood there shocked by what just happened. It was rare for men to give any physical touch to a lady. The fact that he had kissed her forehead was extremely shocking to her. Sophie decided to head to the library and read till she had forgotten about the womanizing teacher.