Dear Diary,... (Maknae Line Fluff)

BTS Drabbles

A/N: Annyeong! For this I've received the same prompt thrice, but with all of the Maknae Line. I hope you enjoy!

 

“Dear Diary,…” Jungkook was sitting on his bed with Taehyung and Jimin slouched down on the ground beside him, eagerly listening to his every word. “Do you think this was a good idea, hyung?”

“Don’t you want to find out what she’s really thinking?” Taehyung scooted closer and tried to get a better look at the diary he had snatched from under your bed, while you weren’t watching, the last time he had visited you.

“This really does feel wrong, Tae.” Jimin crossed his arms in front of his chest and had a concerned look on his face. “She’ll never forgive us if she finds out.”

“Fine, I’ll read it by myself then.” Taehyung had a smug smile on his face. He knew they were just as curious if he was, but he just had to give them that final push. He took the diary away from the youngest and continued where he left off.

“After many years, I‘ve finally figured something out.” He looked up at the other two, who were still torn between listening and just leaving the room, with a surprised look on his face.

“Well, what is it?” Jungkook asked and earned a stern look from Jimin.

“We really shouldn’t be doing this.”

“I’ve been harbouring feelings for one of my friends all this time, but I don’t know how to tell him.” Taehyung continued, intrigued by your words. “That’s us! We’ve been friends with her for so long, it must be!”

“Continue.” Even Jimin couldn’t hold back his curiosity any longer and sat back down, earning a sly grin from Taehyung.

“He’s extremely handsome,”

“Now that could be anyone of us.” Jimin sighed.

“He’s always been really nice to me,”

“So, Yoongi hyung is out of the question.” Jungkook laughed.

“he’s absolutely hilarious,”

“I doubt she means Hoseok hyung. Have you not listened to his terrible jokes, ___?” Jimin scolded your words as if you were present.

“his singing voice is truly beautiful,”

“That one gets rid of Namjoon hyung.” Jungkook looked at the others with his bunny smile, as if he was seeking for their approval, but earned a quiet meh in response.

“and he’s a great dancer.”

“Bye-bye, Seokjin hyung.” Jimin let out a hearty chuckle and leaned on his elbows, looking up at the ceiling.

As soon as the three realised they were out of hints, they gave each other a knowing look. One of them was the man of your dreams, you had said so yourself! But which one could it be?

“I really want to tell him soon, I feel like screaming into the world I love you…

“Who is it?” Jungkook jumped off his seat as the suspense was killing him.

“It doesn’t say!” Taehyung flipped hectically through the empty pages, “Come on, ___, give us the deets.”

“This is stupid, we shouldn’t have been peeking in the first place.” Jimin looked at the other two as he got off the floor.

“You’re right, who cares if ___ is madly in love with one of us?” Taehyung closed the book and threw it behind him on his bed. “Let’s promise each other to not care about it anymore.”

Jungkook looked back and forth between the other two and noticed the air getting thick around him, though he had no idea why. If nobody wanted to find out, why were both of them so tense?

“Deal.” Jimin held out his hand, which Taehyung immediately took in his and gave it a rough shake. The two of them went for the door and with one last gaze towards the diary, Jungkook quietly followed their steps with a dumbfounded look on his face.

For the next two hours, when even Jungkook had caught on to what was happening, the three of them watched each other’s movements like hawks. They made sure they ate together, played video games and even stood guard in front of the bathroom. Eventually, Taehyung let out a loud yawn and stretched his limbs on the couch.

“I think I’m gonna go for a nap.” he had a hard time keeping his eyes open as he stood up from his seat, “I’ll see you in a few.”

At that moment, all three looked at each other and suddenly darted towards the bedroom, shoving one another out of the way to be the first to reach your diary. As Taehyung and Jungkook tripped over the others leg and fell onto the floor, Jimin made a big leap over them, picked up the book and skipped through until he landed on the the last page.

“Here it is!” he accidentally yelled the words in relieve. “I love you, Whiskers.”

“W-Whiskers?”

“Her cat?”

“There’s more.” Jimin rolled his eyes and pointed at the last part as he held the book out to Taehyung. “I’m not an idiot, Tae, I know you will take my diary as soon as I put it down. I hope you got a heart attack, you douchebag. This is what you get for being a nosy .”

“Maybe next time, don’t steal my stuff.” You leaned against the door frame with crossed arms.

“___!” the three chimed in surprise.

“Can I get my diary back now?”

Jimin walked over to you with his head hung low as he handed the item over. “We’re sorry.”

“You better think of a way to make it up to me.” You your heel and immediately left their dorm without another word.

You went back home and as soon as you had entered your room, you sat down with a pen and your diary and started writing once again.

Dear Diary,

Today he almost found out about how I feel about him. Sure, I played it off in the end as a big joke, but how could I confess my true feelings to him when I found him fighting over me with his two best friends? I could never be happy if I knew I ruined a friendship because of my selfish feelings.

I think I’ll put it off for a while, until we both are ready for the truth.

Please wait for me a little longer… Park Jimin.