"I love you." - "I love me too." (Namjoon x Reader)

BTS Drabbles

A/N: Annyeong! This was part of my one year anniversary drabble game. Two sentences were requested to me with Namjoon as their member of choice, so I combined them. Here's the finished drabble for "I love you." - "I love me too." and "Please put your away."

 

Relaxing Jazz was quietly playing through the speakers of your laptop as you were sitting at your desk with a hot cup of coffee, writing away the last couple of sentences of the essay that was due the following day.

“Are you coming back to bed soon, babe?” Namjoon suddenly wrapped his arms around you from behind.

“I really need to finish this,” you swivelled around in your chair, “don’t you have something else to do?”

Your relationship with him was anything but serious. You two took a couple of classes together, lived close to one another and enjoyed the occasional booty call, but other than that you could barely even stand the guy. He was a one of the smartest young adults at your university, always kind to everybody and on top of that one of the iest creatures to walk on earth, you should’ve been happy to find such a catch. But you knew better.

You knew how conceited he was, how little he actually thought of others, how looks can be deceiving. Yet here you were, sleeping with him for the past few months to relieve your stress as a band-aid method to help with insomnia and many other issues, or so you had told yourself. Plus, he was pretty good at what he was doing.

“Oh, come on,” he had a cocky grin plastered across his face and his prominent dimples were hard to ignore, “you don’t mean that.”

Namjoon leaned his left hand onto the backrest of your chair, tilting you backwards in the process, the fingers of his right hand gently moved to your chin and lifted it slightly, before pressing his luscious lips onto yours. There was something about him as he was towering over you, a fire burning in his eyes as he tried to distract you with his clothed length rubbing against your bare leg, but you stood your ground.

“I do.” You pulled yourself away from him and tried to catch your breath. “Please put your away.”

With a sly grin he looked at you and left a quick peck on your forehead, before he turned around to pick up his pants. As you stared at his perfectly chiselled body, an all too familiar feeling was building up in your stomach and you knew you needed him to leave before you would make another mistake.

“Move your , Kim. I don’t have all night.” You stood up from your chair and were about to walk towards the entrance, when Namjoon suddenly grabbed your hand and pulled you closer, as you slowly started swaying to the sound of the music.

“You know,” he whispered into your ear with his low raspy voice, “I’ve really been enjoying this… us.”

“It’s been… fun.” You couldn’t bring yourself to more than a crooked smile.

“What I’m trying to say is,” he suddenly looked at his feet as he paused for just a second, “I love you, ___.”

Where did that come from? He only ever cared about himself and the things he could gain anything from. You were sure this was just another one of his games and didn’t let yourself get fooled by the fragile façade he was putting on.

“Yes, I love me too.” You rolled your eyes and let go of him. You proceeded towards the entrance to your apartment and leaned against the doorframe, slightly covering your half- body with a dressing gown. “Now, would you mind?”

“So,” he cleared his throat and threw his leather jacket over his shoulder, “same time next week?”

“Good night, Namjoon.” Both of you knew the answer already, it’s been the same way ever since you started seeing each other. But for some reason, you never managed to simply say yes. He walked past you and with one last gaze, it was as if there had never been an us.

As you closed the door to your apartment and leaned against the cold hard wood, before you slowly slid to the floor, you also closed the one to your heart. It was better that way. If you don’t get attached to someone, you reduce the chances of getting hurt.

And he didn’t actually mean what he had said anyways, did he? The only way you would’ve ever found out, was if you would have seen the look in his eyes as he leaned against the door and slid to the ground the second you closed it behind him. But you never did.