Chapter III

Rise and Shine!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everyone froze for a few awestruck seconds. The angelic being smiled and the demons could feel their hearts lurching - which was scary, considering that most of them were not even sure whether they had hearts in the first place.

"You must be the new housemates," the pretty male said in a melodic voice. "Please come in. My name is Hong Jisoo; it's nice to meet you." He kept smiling brightly, waiting for them to react.

Pride shook off his stupor first and cleared his throat. Twice. "Nice to meet you too, my name is Pr- Seungcheol. Choi Seungcheol. Are you the housekeeper?"

Now it was Jisoo's turn to look confused. "Housekeeper? No, I'm one of the tenants-"

"Hold on. What do you mean, 'tenants'?" Wrath interrupted at once.

"Uhm... Didn't the landlord tell you? There are seven of us currently living here. Including you, we will be thirteen people," Jisoo explained. Seeing the incredulous (and dangerously darkening) look on Wrath's face, he hastily added, "But we have quite a lot of space, so it won't be a problem. Don't worry!"

Wrath turned to Pride, who was still gaping at Jisoo after the grand revelation. "Did. You. Know. About. This?!" he asked him with very forced-sounding calmness.

"I didn't! That bas- uhm, I mean, the landlord never told me anything about hum- other people living here!" Pride defended himself.

Silence descended over the demons crowded on the small porch. After a moment, Jisoo chuckled uneasily. "Well, how about you come in first and change into dry clothes? Your luggage has already arrived in the morning."

Nodding, Pride gave the signal to move forward, stepping into the warmth of their new home.

 

Jisoo warily examined the strangers walking past him. They were all dressed completely in black, complimenting nicely with their pale complexions. Their clothes seemed rather fancy but were now soaked by the rain. He could make out a lot of leather and something that looked suspiciously like silk. They also seemed to have a thing for silver jewelry.

The one with the natural aura of a leader, who apparently was called Seungcheol, was followed by the scowling petite male, who had so rudely interrupted him earlier. Next came a rather young-looking boy with sharply slanted eyes, whose cheeks were painted with splatters of reddish sauce - but at least he was grinning brightly. The next one had a pretty, round face, but the gaze he shot him was nearly as bone-chilling as the one from the smaller male earlier. The last two people were an odd pair: a tall and very handsome guy with suspiciously bulging jacket pockets and, on his back, a seemingly unconscious person with long-ish, blond hair that obscured his face.

"Is he okay?" Jisoo asked the handsome stranger, a tinge of worry in his voice.

"He's just a bit tired," the other answered with a charming smile. "My name is Kim Mingyu and the one on my back is Yoon Jeonghan. Don't mind Mr. Grumpypants over there, that's Jihoon. He's always like that."

Jisoo followed the group inside with the thought that they might not be as bad as their first impression had suggested.

 

After the demons had taken off their shoes, Jisoo led them to their luggage. "Do you want to change in the bathroom or should I show you your rooms directly?"

"Bathroom will be enough. We should probably meet the other hu- tenants first before officially moving in," Pride decided.

After some squabbling about who could use the bathroom first (Envy successfully asserted his dominance), the finally dry demons gathered in the well-furnished living room. Sitting on the cream-coloured sofa, they waited for Jisoo to arrive with the other humans.

"Everything's so bright. And look at that TV, I've never had something like that at home," Envy couldn't help but complain.

"Why would you need a TV a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter