Chapter VIII

Rise and Shine!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Gluttony woke up in Wrath's embrace, feeling refreshed and much better than the day before - until he remembered the events that had occurred last evening. He groaned. He would have to talk to the other demons and - which was even worse - to Seokmin. Maybe even to the other humans, depending on whether Seokmin had talked to them about the incident or not. Sighing, he decided that it was time to face his demise.

He had lived a good life. Hopefully, the demons would still come to his funeral.

Trying to climb over the smaller demon without waking him proved to be fruitless when fingers suddenly dug into his nape.

"You almost kneed me in the balls, you little er! Is this how you pay me back for my company?!" Wrath growled into his ear before tackling him to the ground. By the time the other demons kicked open the door, Gluttony was screaming for help, tears streaming down his face.

Pride pulled Wrath away from the shaking body on the floor.

"What the hell, Jihoon! We seriously thought you're torturing him," Greed grumbled, rolling his eyes in exasperation. His hair was sticking up in several places.

"I'm pretty sure tickling is considered torture in some countries," Sloth said while leaning against the wall, yawning.

"Next time please die more quietly, Soonyoung." Envy was obviously cranky this morning.

"Did any of the humans wake up from the ruckus?" Pride asked, listening for noises in the hallway while still holding Wrath in a headlock.

The smaller demon elbowed his stomach in retaliation. "It's past 10 on a weekday. There's no way they're still here." He nodded toward the clock on the wall.

Gluttony had recovered by now, wiping away his tears. He decided that it was definitely safer to talk to the demons after they had eaten a satisfying meal. "We should have breakfast together!" he suggested, his tone as chipper as possible while he made his way to the door on somewhat unstable legs. He wasn't quite sure whether it was from Wrath's tickle-torture or from fear.

The others agreed - although both Envy and Sloth eyed the beds longingly - before they followed Gluttony out of the room.

 

The whole flat was quiet and empty, an unusual sight for a place that was normally filled with 13 people.

On the dining table, they found a piece of paper, carefully ripped out of a notepad and neatly folded. Pride took it upon himself to read it out loud.

"Dear new tenants,
by now you probably have noticed that everyone is out. Chan will return from school around four pm while the others will arrive between five and six.
It is Seungcheol's and Jihoon's turn to cook, please have dinner ready by seven. We are going to go grocery shopping tomorrow, so don't feel shy to use up the food in the pantry.
Soonyoung is responsible for cleaning and doing the laundry today. If he is still sick, you should find someone else to take over for him.
Have a nice day and see you later,
Jisoo"

Wrath groaned, his fingers itching to rip the offending piece of paper apart. "I don't wanna cook. I'm not a god damn maid. I don't even know how to cook in the first place."

Compared to his irritated expression, Pride seemed rather eager. "We'll figure something out. Failure is not an option," the leader declared with burning determination. It couldn't be that difficult when even puny humans could do it, right? They had to prove their worth as almighty demon princes to the lowly creatures.

Sloth disguised his snort as a cough.

"I'll exchange some valuables into money. And then I'll buy a computer and a phone," Greed announced, equally as passionate as Pride.

Sleepy Envy perked up at those words. "I'll go with you. I want a computer too." Greed didn't look too happy but didn't dare to argue after Wrath had pierced him with a threatening look.

"Are you up to cleaning or are you still feeling bad?" Sloth asked Gluttony, a hint of concern in his tired eyes.

"I'll be fine. I just need some food in my st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter