Chapter XVI

Rise and Shine!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It had been close to two years since the six Great Princes of Hell had arrived at number seventeen - and brought with them quite a few changes.

Shortly after the fateful Christmas party, Soonyoung had permanently moved into Seokmin's room because Jisoo had knocked on his door almost every night to wake up Jeonghan. Consequently, Jisoo had decided to claim the free bed as his own (even though he spent most nights in Jeonghan's bed anyway). Hansol, just as annoyed by Soonyoung as Soonyoung was by Jisoo, had fled into Seungkwan's room - who, surprisingly, was suddenly very eager to have a new roommate.

Minghao and Jun were still as much of a happy couple as they had been in the beginning, and Jihoon and Seungcheol were still decidedly unofficial (but even oblivious Hansol knew about them after that party half a year ago - it was his phone that had suffered Jihoon's wrath after all). Wonwoo and Mingyu annoyed everyone with their lovey-dovey cutesiness and Chan finally had a bedroom all to himself (he would never admit that maybe he missed Jisoo tucking him in - but only a tiny little bit). Also, he had gotten his first girlfriend, a fact all the other tenants mercilessly about.

Hansol was not an intern anymore. Instead, he had scored a job at a law firm, something Mingyu was very interested in. Wonwoo and Jun had both successfully graduated and started to work while Chan had gotten accepted into prestigious Seoul National University.

Time flew by and the demons felt more alive with each passing day.

 

On Sunday morning, Minghao emerged from his room, rubbing his aching head. His boyfriend was still dead to the world and, by the looks of it, he wasn't the only one. Even though it was already past 10, there was no sign of life in the hallway. That also meant that neither Soonyoung nor Seokmin had bothered making breakfast yet. Minghao groaned at the thought. His hungover body really craved some quality food right now.

Brushing his bangs out of his face, he made his way downstairs to raid the kitchen. But to his surprise, he heard voices from inside the room. Apparently, he wasn't the only one awake. He hesitated for a split second before he knocked and opened the door.

Jihoon looked up with an unusually scared expression on his usually stern face while raw egg was running down his fingers.

"Minghao! Oh thank god, we thought Soonyoung was coming. He hates it when we're in here," Seungcheol said with a relieved smile. He was holding several pans.

"I think he's still asleep. He drank quite a lot at the party," Minghao said, barely suppressing a yawn while he stepped into the room. "You should've come too; it was fun."

Jihoon looked like he was having war flashbacks, squishing the egg in his hand even further, while Seungcheol shot his lover a glance and hastily waved the idea away. "We don't like drinking that much."

"Oh right, I forgot about last year's incid-"

"ANYWAY. Are you here for breakfast?" Seungcheol not-so-subtly changed topic, looking anxious at the dark look that had spread over his lover's face.

"Yeah. What are you making?" Minghao asked. He couldn't quite figure out what kind of dish would include a carton of eggs, strawberry marmalade, a head of lettuce, soy sauce and a bottle of vinegar.

"Sweet-and-sour scrambled eggs." Seungcheol proudly showed him the bowl filled with an unappetizing mixture of eggs and shells. "We even plan to add some veggies."

"...I'll just have some ramyeon."

 

After the admittedly a bit dissatisfying breakfast consisting of slightly soggy instant noodles and plain rice (the two demons had ditched their eggs once the ramyeon was cooking), Jihoon and Seungcheol retreated to their room while Minghao lounged on the sofa and tried to finish a book for university. It was difficult since his thoughts kept drifting. He kept reading the same paragraphs but nothing seemed to register in his hungover brain. After about half an hour of fruitless struggle, soft steps in the hallway made him look up - just in time to see Jun entering the living room, his disgruntled expression quickly replaced by a smile after noticing his boyfriend.

"You look like you're having a major headache," Minghao remarked with a grin while scooting over to make some space for Jun to sit.

Jun kissed him on the forehead and laid down next to him. "College parties . Every time I go, I promise myself not to drink and then I wake up with a massive hangover. Thanks for bringing me home last night, sweetheart." They both laughed and cuddled a bit closer.

"Well, I couldn't just let you sleep on the street; you might get stolen. Want some coffee or something to eat?"

"Coffee sounds amazing."

Before Minghao could disentangle their limbs, the doorbell rang. "Huh? Did anyone order something?"

Jun shrugged. "Want me to get it?"

"Nah, I'll go. I'll get you coffee afterwards."

"You're the best, Haohao."

Minghao poked out his tongue in mock disgust. "Urgh, you know I hate that name."

Jun only grinned and shooed him towards the door.

 

Lust was still angry after last night's fight with Sloth. The party had been pretty wild and the two of them had gotten separated on the dancefloor. While searching for Sloth and not being able to reach him due to the forever empty battery of the elder's phone, he had gotten cornered by some female humans. Even though he had no recollection of ever meeting them before, the three women had insisted that they knew him from back in his more... well, outgoing days. They had trapped him against a wall despite his protests and had just started grinding on him when a fuming Sloth had arrived - making the three of them sink to the floor in a lifeless heap. Understandably enough, Lust had freaked out, thinking that they were dead, but Sloth had pulled him into a quiet room, telling him to let them sleep. A heated dispute had followed and in the end, the couple had left the party separately.

Lust ignored the pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter