It's Just The Beginning

Double Lives

South Korea is renowned for their Korean pop culture, mouth watering delicacies and many beauteous places. However there's always a dark side that not many paid attention to. The LGBT community is one of the many aspects that the Korean community chose to disregard. They are constantly shunned away by netizens just because it wasn't right. For generations Koreans, Asians in general are taught and told that man and woman are meant for one another, have a stable income and family, nothing else. This sad reality had caused such a hurtful and great impact on the LGBT community, but no one chose to step up solely because they were afraid. These individuals eventually have to live a life that is filled with secrets, fear and constant unwanted pressure. To simply put it, they can't live a happy normal life like everyone else.

 

Middle school was a bumpy ride for the two. High school was around the corner and problems are lingering waiting to be found. The boys were still as close knitted as ever. Having found out who they think they really were it hadn't stopped them from being best buds.

Mingyu being the excited puppy he is was extremely pumped up for high school claiming that he could start anew. On the other hand, Wonwoo was doubtful. He just wasn't good at adapting to new environments. Hell did he even beg Mingyu to attend an all boys high school with him because he didn't want to associate with girls. But Mingyu was stubborn and a man of his words said "Hyung, it's time we prove ourselves that we are men!! it up, we are attending a mixed school!" he definitely did not miss that pout of defeat from Wonwoo. In short, Mingyu just couldn't accept the fact that he's gay and wants to prove himself otherwise and he's not gonna do it if Wonwoo wasn't by his side. Knowing that Wonwoo had a special soft spot for him, it wasn't hard convincing the elder either.

 

Before high school started, the boys had a solid two months winter break. Initially, Wonwoo had planned to spend most of his break wrapped up in a nice thick quilt while watching re-runs of Harry Potter with a big mug of heartwarming hot chocolate. Unfortunately, the younger had already made plans for them claiming that it will be the "best-est holiday ever" which made Wonwoo roll his eyes "Best-est isn't a word gyu." giving the younger a light flick on the forehead. "Ahhhhh hyunggggggg~ you'll spend this two long DREADFUL months with your favourite dongsaeng right??" Mingyu whined earning himself a death glare from the older. "Keep that up and I'll ask mom to not grant you entry into our home anymore." Well that definitely hit the spot, Mingyu kept his mouth sealed immediately but that didn't stop him from initiating big bear hugs, little tugs on the hem of Wonwoo's shirt and slight tickles on the sides of Wonwoo's skinny waist.

 

The latter eventually gave in due to Mingyu's constant pestering. Using all his strength he managed to remove the clingy puppy and shuffled into the bathroom to wash up for the night. He didn't knew how but Mingyu managed to cling himself onto Wonwoo again with his arms encircled around Wonwoo's waist swaying the elder side to side while he brushed his teeth. "Thank you hyung." Mingyu whispered at the side of his left ear then nuzzling his face into his nape. Wonwoo could feel heat creeping up his ears due to the intimacy but he managed to brush it off as he elbowed the younger in the stomach. "Cut that out!" Glaring at Mingyu. "You know you like it butthead!!" Running away from the flying fist that Wonwoo sent his way.

 

"Move over a little will you? I ain't that skinny." Wonwoo retorted asking the tree himself to scoot over a little so that he can slip under the covers of his not so big bed. "Aren't you going to head home? It's like...10:17pm already. Your mom will be worried." the elder reminded " I lost track of time again. Wait....." Mingyu then reached for his cellphone at the side table at Wonwoo's side of the bed squishing the elder in the process. A muffled grunt could be heard from Wonwoo complaining "Dang you are hella heavy." earning himself a wide adorable grin from the younger with is canine like teeth poking out by the side. Wonwoo watched Mingyu as he called home observing the younger, eyes tracing his facial features trying to remember every single detail. "Oh? When did he have a mole on the right side of his cheek? It must be new one." Wonwoo internally giggled, a small fond smile forming on his lips. His thoughts were interrupted by the younger asking his mom if he could stay for the night since it's late which his mom easily complied because why wouldn't she? Wonwoo and the rest of the Jeon family are basically his second family slash home. 

 

Wonwoo already knew the answer even before Mingyu hung up, so he pushed himself up and went over to his closet and dung out some oversized sweatpants and shirt for the younger to change into. "Here, go get changed." throwing the articles of clothing at the younger which he caught all so effortlessly with a smug look on his face. "You're sleeping in the floor tonight." Wonwoo announced while he arranged the extra mattress he got from the guest room beside his bed. "Whatt?! Why?! We always sleep together hyunggg~." Mingyu whined for the nth time that night after he finished changing. It wasn't the first time Wonwoo made Mingyu sleep on the floor but for some reason, the younger always ended up in the same bed with the elder for various reasons. "No we don't." "Yes we do!" "No we don't!" "We do!" "Don't!! Arghhh okay. What's your reason now?" Wonwoo argued clearly frustrated. Looking down at his feet Mingyu just hung his head low not looking at Wonwoo biting his bottom lip. "So?" The elder urged. "I-I...I just want to sleep beside you hyung." Mingyu mumbled. Wonwoo swore if the younger was any softer he wouldn't even catch what he said. A tinge of pink could be seen slowly crawling its way up the younger's cheek, Wonwoo felt something tug against his chest asking him to just give in. But Wonwoo felt a little mischievous that night, so he started teasing the younger. "Hmm? What's that? Couldn't quite catch you?" Mingyu groaned "You heard meee. Iwanttosleepbesideyou." "You gotta slow down there gyu." Wonwoo chuckled "Fine! I'll sleep on the floor!" Mingyu huffed as he crossed his arm over his chest pouting. All Wonwoo could do was laugh at the younger's expression. "Aigooo don't be upset, I was just teasing ya. Come on let's got to bed." Pulling the younger by the wrist to join him in bed.

 

The younger's sulking expression was long gone as he made himself comfortable jumping a little as he tucked the both of them in. Mingyu's arms instinctively wrapped themselves around Wonwoo as he tangled his long limbs against Wonwoo's. A "Good night hyung!" Was heard being muffled against his back due to how tight the younger was holding onto Wonwoo and soon Mingyu was off to dreamland.

 

During this two months break, it wasn't as smooth as everyone thought it would be. Being the teenage boys they were, in the middle of puberty there were a handful of awkward situations, a whole lot of bickering and arguments. Wonwoo would always blame the other "Why do you have to be SO CURIOUS about EVERYTHINGG?!"

 

"Hey hyung....do you, you know, wanna check out what the whole thing really is?" nudging the elder with an excited glint in his eyes. They were sited comfortably on Mingyu's couch flipping through random television channels while munching on some honey butter chips and Wonwoo genuinely wondered how on earth the younger managed to have thought of something dirty like that. Wonwoo gave a judgemental yet disgusted look towards the other while scooting away slowly. "What do you think this expression tells you?" raising a brow. "Oh come on! Soonyoung and the rest said it was fun watching and almost everyone from our class had watched it at least once!! Except us, hyunggggggg, pleaseeee, just once!!!" Mingyu whined with is bottom lip jutting out while pointing out his index finger trying to recreate some weird aegyo. Wonwoo really tried his best to ignore the other's request, he knew that they shouldn't do it, heck they were still underaged and this really made him question how the both of them were actually the same age and why was he friends with him. Mingyu's persistent pestering and whining was over the roof, like how does one be this annoying for so long? Sighing in defeat "You have 1 minute to get your laptop and set up before I change my mind you giant idiot!" rubbing his temples in process.

 

Mingyu literally pounced off the couch and made a dash towards his room grabbing all that he needed for them. He started setting up on the coffee table and before you know it, everything was done in a flash. The laptop was on, everything was ready "Oh yeah, I almost forgot." Wonwoo looked at him questionably as he watched the other get off the couch to go grab something else. He came back with a box of tissues. "There! We're all set!" He affirmed with a huge grin on his face. "Why would we need tissues? Is someone gonna die or is there something sad about watching this?" Poor Wonwoo was so clueless he eventually gave up because all the other would say was "Soonyoung said that they were for stand by!" 

 

Wonwoo had never felt this nervous watching something, I mean, it's just right? What's so nerve wreaking about that? And what's more? I get to watch it with my best friend so it wouldn't get awkward! Yeah! The more the merrier! He nervously glanced as Mingyu typed off in the search bar. Sadly, Wonwoo was wrong. It was hella awkward, scary even. Who the hell would be in the right mind to do that to...ones s? Throughout the "session" Wonwoo tried his very best to use whichever object he could get his hands on to block out his view, but they were quickly being taken away by Mingyu. "Hyung! Stop hiding and watch it properly!" Mingyu scolded. Wonwoo unintentionally shifted his gaze towards the others pants and he swore he wanted to run home and soak himself in a tub filled with anti-bacterial shower gel to cleanse his soul. He was also extremely glad everything ended rather smoothly without anything weird happening. Wonwoo then pulled out two small ball of tissue out from his ears and sighed, but this time, in relief. The tissues really did came in handy he thought mentally thanking Soonyoung. It was only 15 minutes, the longest 15 minutes of his life. 

 

He was a good boy, Wonwoo was a good boy. He just couldn't understand why did they have to be teenage boys with raging hormones and all that other that comes with it. All he wanted was a peaceful, awkward and argument free two months break. Despite that, Mingyu just wouldn't let him and he didn't have the heart to refuse the other. All could be said was that, that two months was a ride of a lifetime for Wonwoo, at least as of now. Mingyu would slowly reveal his funny yet weird fantasies to him which he didn't really wished to know. They even made a bucket list filled with stuff they would love to do until the day they left each other's side. No really, it was all what Mingyu himself wanted to do. Wonwoo just had 5 out of the 30 plus list of things Mingyu wrote. A great way to end the year, with his best friend, family and many other obstacles that were to come.

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey there sunshines!
I've finally put my story back up! I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused for those that had subscribed and read this story. I sincerely seek for your forgiveness. Other than that, the third chapter is finally up as well! It's longer than the first two, so I hope there aren't too many mistakes! I'll update soon, maybe by this week! So please anticipate the next chapter! This story is still under "construction" so please be patient with me! Do leave feedbacks on how the story is going and maybe leave some ideas yourself too! It'll be a greatly appreciated and a great help for me! Enjoy your stay!~