In This Together

Double Lives

School was being a pain in the for Mingyu after that incident. Seungkwan being the gossip king he is started spreading malicious rumours about him and all he felt like doing was to hide under his blankets and never come out.

"So....you like ?" Mingyu without missing a beat choked onto the cold and bland tasting chicken sandwich he was munching. Wonwoo literally flew to Mingyu's side of the table to pat and caress his back in hopes to ease the coughing fit he was in. "W-what?" Mingyu questioned genuinely confused. "You heard me. You like ." Saying it more like a statement than a question now. "Come on Jihoon, we all know you're what...what's that word? Yeah, homophobic. But actually trusting what Seungkwan said? Well, that's kind of shallow." Wonwoo retorted with a low chuckle rolling his eyes in process.

Okay, let's give Jihoon a short introduction. Lee Jihoon, is a tiny ball of evilness, well according to Mingyu. In general, Jihoon is the most straightforward and honest person everyone has ever met. He had been in the same class as Mingyu and Wonwoo for the first two years of middle school and are still pretty close. That was when he made peace with everyone that he was homophobic. No one really bothered about what he said or more like nobody actually knew the true meaning of that word yet or that it even existed. Also, Jihoon running down the hallways with a guitar is something you never want to witness.

Jihoon visibly groaned, hands running down his face "Whatever it is, just....just don't...don't come near me." Turning his heels and walked away. Mingyu was in shock? Or Mingyu was just upset that people are already starting to reject him. A sigh escaped his lips as he turned his attention back to his sandwich poking it, but something was amiss. Why was the table so quiet? Mingyu looked up, a dozen pairs of eyes were staring at him either in disgust, bewilderment or even pity. He instantly dropped his head down low not daring to look up anymore mentally scolding himself for giving himself away so easily. He then felt an arm encircling itself around his arm pulling him up. "Let's go to the school's garden gyu. It so much more peaceful there, away from these judgmental jerks." Making it obvious that they were referring to the entire table. Mingyu just timidly looked up and nodded following Wonwoo to the school's garden ignoring all the buzzing going on behind them.

 

Along their way there it was silent, but it was a comfortable silence. Mingyu could feel his hyung's arms protectively wrapped around his waist which made his heart swell slightly from the affection. Mingyu instinctively wrapped his arm around Wonwoo's boney shoulders pulling him in for a slight hug. "Thank you hyung." He said shyly. "For what?" head tilting to the side puzzled. "You know...back there. Thank you for standing up for me." a slight smile forming on his lips. That shy sweet smile that Wonwoo secretly adored so much. Wonwoo giggled "That was what I promised you silly, and I'll stick to that promise forever." ruffling Mingyu's hair. All Mingyu could do was to tighten his grip around Wonwoo's shoulders receiving a light reassuring squeeze around his waist in response.

Upon reaching the garden they both sat down at their favourite spot, all the way at the back where the view was stupendous. Still in the same position as earlier just that now Wonwoo placed his head on Mingyu's shoulders and blatantly nuzzled his face on the soft fabric of Mingyu's sweater. Mingyu could look at this scene before him all day. A beautiful shy Wonwoo looking all adorable in an oversized sweater which he thinks was his, lying on his shoulders, pure bliss. With a contented sigh Wonwoo looked up at his view, a strong jawline, when did it become so defined? He thought, eyes tracing upwards. Smooth caramel like skin, lovely structured nose and long beautiful eyelashes. Wow did he really think of all that about Mingyu? This happy fluttering feeling that he was feeling in his tummy, was it normal? His thoughts were then interrupted by Mingyu saying that their break time was over and they needed to head back to class. That was enough to make Wonwoo pout as he kicked a tiny pebble down the small hill in front of them. Mingyu just laughed at the adorable sight and held out a hand which Wonwoo grabbed onto without any hesitation to haul himself up.

Little did young Wonwoo knew, he too was having a crisis within himself. He was just not good at expressing how he feels, he's not like Mingyu. He prefers to keep his problems all bottled up until it is the right time.

Gay, a gay is a person, especially a man who prefers or likes the same gender. That's what google said. Yes, Wonwoo did some research that night, actually, a whole lot of research. He was genuinely worried for Mingyu and he wants to do all he can to help him overcome this period of time. After Mingyu went to sleep that night tightly wrapped up like a burrito in Wonwoo's not so big bed, Wonwoo couldn't seem to do the same. He was curious what that term really meant, why was it such an embarrassing and disgusting thing to everyone? So instead of heading to dreamland Wonwoo took out his laptop and started googling away.

It was 3am on a Saturday morning. And sleep just wouldn't come to Wonwoo after all that research. Thoughts were swimming around his confused mind while soft snores from the latter could be heard in the background. While googling many results came out, but this statement lingered on his mind the longest and it kept him thinking. 
"See how the person reacts to the opposite gender." 

Whatever that was stated below clearly gave off indications that Mingyu was somehow gay, however he thought that they were things that were extremely normal, to him at least. And that got him panicking. Is he one too? Soon he tried applying whichever results that came out to himself as well.

Girls, just the thought of them makes him cringe. No, he don't really communicate with them. Yes he had a girlfriend before, but it was in elementary school and it was a thing back then. Mingyu had one too! Well, more like for reputation sake. Guys, how do guys made him feel? Warm, heart fluttering, flustered and just genuinely happy and carefree. Have you ever had feelings for a guy? And the first guy that popped into his mind was Moon Junhui. Well he wasn't actually a guy Wonwoo liked in real life, he was actually a Chinese movie star who recently debuted in Korea as an actor and model. He was the first guy that had sent Wonwoo into a swooning mess, all hot and flustered whenever he saw him dramas or random posters along the streets. He even remembered how annoyed Mingyu was during his fanboy phase complaining that he likes Junhui more than him and throwing tantrums, shouting "I don't want to be friends with you anymore hyung!!" And doing all he can just to get his hyung's attention which included spoiling the end of a storybook Wonwoo was reading all so diligently earning himself a smack on the back of his head. Oh oh! And he also remembered the countless amount of times he and Mingyu would cuddle together in his bed watching movie marathons or just talking about random things that just happen to be on their minds. And how much he loved the warmth that radiates from Mingyu, how small he felt when being trapped in the tight embrace of the younger. He always felt like he was the happiest boy on earth when he's with Mingyu.

"I'm...gay?" Wonwoo softly whispered to himself almost in disbelief. He was suppose to find ways as to how to help Mingyu cope through this tough period of time, instead he found out who he really was deep down in his heart. He was scared, terrified even by the truth that had unintentionally unfolded. That sudden realisation caught him off guard. Yet he told himself that he had to be strong, Mingyu needed him. Turning to his left he saw a peaceful sleeping Mingyu mumbling incoherent sentences in his dreams, he couldn't help but smile as he gently pushed Mingyu's fringe out of his eyes. Sighing, looking up at the ceiling. He still didn't know much on how to overcome all these new found obstacles, Wonwoo felt like it was his turn to be drowned in such a suffocating and confused state. Despite that he had chosen to believe in himself and what he thinks he is and guide Mingyu down this dark and dangerous path in life. Facing the endless possibilities this scary, realistic, unaccepting world has installed for them. Together.