The Smiling Charmer

Jar of Hearts

[A/N: Thanks for the comments, guys! :) You really made my day extra special.]

------------YOOCHUN's POV-------------

They call me the "Smiling Charmer", the "Champion Heartbreaker".  Why?  Because I dated almost all of the girls in my high school.  I'm not braging this, though.  I hated myself for doing that.  But that was the only way I can get out of the pressure, the sress, the failures of my family.

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~

"Yoochun..."

"Appa, why?  Why did it happen to us?  What then, will it become of us?"  I asked.  Appa was telling me that the company they have handled for so long, since my birth, was being sold to a person who they call Mr. Kim.  

 "Appa will find a stable job."  Menial jobs, my mind loudly said.

I can still here Umma in her room, crying quietly and sulking.   I felt like doing the same, but then Appa said that boys should not cry and sulk and weep in his room.  So I did not do it.

"Appa, I cannot accept this.  The company is ours, and I vow to get it again in any way I can!"  I shouted at his face.  I was in high school then, Changmin was in Grade 6.  I ran out in the pouring rain.

After that, it was all a blur until a fateful day came.

Changmin was a freshie in high school and I was preparing his breakfast when I realized that Umma was not yet awake.  So unusual, my mind said.  Umma wakes at this hour.  Maybe I should check her out...

~~~~~~~~~END OF FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in the middle of the night, screaming out "NOOO! UMMA!! APPA!!!"  Again, I saw my Umma and Appa, side by side, not breathing.  I later learned that they overdosed themselves of sleeping pills, mainly because of depression.  My dong saeng, Changmin, went to me and shook and hugged me for all that's worth.  "Hyung, I'm here now", he said while patting my back not too gently.   This has been my night for aobut 15 years already.  This is so usual for Changmin that every 2 o'clock in the morning, he barges on my door and waits for my scream.

"Hyung, haven't changed your mind?"  He asked fo the nth time.  I was told to go to a psychiatrist, but I did otherwise.  I shook my head no, and Changmin understood.  Still, no.

 

After an hour and a pitcher of water, I slept soundly.  Until 5 am.  Then my alarm went off.  Another day, another sleepless day.  The morning ceremonies went by, and I changed my wrangled clothes.  My wardrobe consists of the same drab clothes, and of course, how could I forget?  My ever loyal glasses.

 

I took the bike on my way to work.  Although I have a car at home, I just bought it for the sake of buying one, and for Changmin to use.  I want the fresh air to hit me while riding with nature.

I lock my bike on the side of our building, and took a walk around it.  Just then, I bumped into a handsome young man.

 

 

"Could you look to where you're going?"  He said.  He then rushed to pick a folder, looked at its contents, and sighed.  

"Mister, you're the one who's not looking."  I said.

I looked at him, and he had this typical businessman outfit.  I then remembered Appa wearing the same clothes to work.  Just then, I felt like crying.  Then I averted my eyes to stop the tears, and looked at the man again.  He had black hair, and an unusual haircut .  He looked so cute.  I felt like hugging him, he looked like a stuffed toy.

"Um, let me help you."  I held my hand.    

"Um, okay!" He accepted the offer.  Hs hand felt smooth, and I wanted to hold it for as long as I can.  But no, I released it as fast as I held it.   "So, mister, mian for the sudden outburst.  It's just that this contract is so important to me, you see.  This is the measure of my life..." He kept blabbering on.  I just nodded, and nodded, and nodded until he had the urge to stop.  "Okay, I said too much.  What's your name?"   He finally said.

"Yoochun.  Park Yoochun."  I dilvuged one vital part of my life.   I never said my full name until tod.

"Oh, okay."  Then something beeped.    "So, I should get going.  Thanks."  He said.

 

When the car zoomed away,  I realized something.  I never asked his name.  Oh, well.  Fate will bring us together.

 

'