The Serious Businessman

Jar of Hearts

"AISH~!"

This was the usual day for the ears of the employees of Xiahtic Group of Companies.  After the squeal, it will be followed by a very, very long monolouge of the president, Kim Junsu, of why he has to go through this everyday, citing the Vision-Mission of the company.  It is said almost everyday that even the juniors memorized it in no time.  

"Xiahtic Group of Companies is dedicated in serving the masses, giving the people what they want and need at the same time.  Therefore, every product is created to suit the delicate mass.  Junsu, RELAX.  WHOO~!"  The infamous vision followed by his very own dolphin voice.

"We envision our group of companies as the company people will casually blurt out in conversations, adding us in their daily life.  XIAHHHH~!"  The end of the monolouge will be a high, yet on the note squeal.  Then he will sneak his head out to look if there is anybody watching.  As if on cue, the employees would take on their jobs, working as if nothing happened, or squealed, or shouted. 

 

"Ya, Jaejoong-ah.  Mr.Junsu has a meeting today?"  Jung Yunho called on Junsu's secretary and brother, Kim Jaejoong.

 "Hmm,"  Jaejoong said while consulting the schedule, "yeah.  With the CEO of Korean Good Food Inc."  

 "That's why.  Hey, wait.  Korean Good Food?  The one who makes the best Kimchi Fried Rice?" Yunho aked.

"YA!  What do you mean?  Isn't my Kimchi Fried Rice good, too?"  Unknown to Junsu, the two are already dating.

"Shh, Boo Jae, your fried rice is the best."  Jae jumped a little.  In that split second that Jae looked away, Yunho already jumped to where Jae was and whispered it to his lover's ear.  "Let's meet later, I have a surprise for you.  Okay?"

Jae just nodded, both out of shock and anticipation.  On cue, Junsu snuck his head out to call Jaejoong.  Yunho hid under Jae's desk, which earned some chuckles from his co-employees. "His timing is so wrong!"  Yunho thought.

"Jaejoong!! Come here this instant!" Junsu shouted.

"Ne, coming!"  Jaejoong shouted and at the same time kicked Yunho under his desk.

----------------JUNSU's POV-------------

This is the most stressing day EVER in my life.  No, scratch that.  Everyday is stressing.  Maybe this is the most nervous day I've had all the years I have been alive in this Earth.  I will have a meeting with the CEO of Korean Good Food later this day, and this is the biggest investment I can get the company.

i'm fidgeting in the car seat.  I've never been this nervous in this whole life.  Um, no.  Only once before that.  ONLY once.  And I don't wanna talk about it.  NEVER. EVER.

AH, at last, we come in this big, big glass building, and I can feel the gaze of the CEO boring in my skin.  "Um, Hyung, you want another coffee?"  My brother, Jaejoong, asks.  "No, Jae, I'm fidgeting nervously here.  Another coffee won't do good.''  I looked at Jae last time before giving him a hug.  "Wish your hyung luck, okay?'

"Ne, Hyung.  AJA! Fighting~~~!"   Jae can sometimes be over acting.  I wonder if this was something to do with the Yunho guy.  Nah, no time for personal problems.  I fix my eyeglasses one last time and stepped out of the car.  "JAE! Drive safely, huh?"  Jae just nodded, reversed the car and sped off, but not before shouting "AJA~!"

"Wow, this is one great buiding!"  I can't help thinking aloud.  Good thing no one is with me in this glass elevator.

As I stepped out of the elevator and walked to the conference room, I put my game face on, and entered in the room full of, well, no one.  I was the earliest.  So I set up my needed props and waited,waited, until one by one, the people started rushing in and sat in their designated seats.  I stood up and started,  the very speech that I've been practicing even in my sleep.  SERIOUSLY.  Jae wakes me up every 5 minutes to tell me that I've been reciting that !@@#$% speech again. 

After the speech, everyone goes clapping, and then the CEO talks.  "That is one nice speech, I must admit, Mr. Kim.  You have moved me into signing the contract in the middle of your report.  Here's the contract, and I hope to have more businesses with you in the future."  I approach him, like a robotic person, bowed in front of him, shook his hand and held the contract like 4 gold bars.  

Before I exited the building, I opted to tell my brother first the good news.  When I told him that this may be the biggest investment I can get the company, he spread the news and soon everyone was helping me with this, pushing me to be the bst person I can be, and I can't thank them enough.

"AHH~! Hyung~! CONGRATS!"  Jae shouted on the phone.  I distanced my ear on from the phone, and I can sense that the news spread like wildfire, because by the time I put the phone back to my ear, the employees were shouting "CONGRATS PRESIDENT!"  and all that.  So I shouted "YA! THANKS BUT COULD I TALK TO JAEJOONG NOW!"  Then Jaejoong's voice emerged from the crowd.  "So, Hyung..."  

"YA, KIM JAEJOONG! FETCH ME NOW or else..."

"NE, PRESIDENT! Right away!!!!!!!" Oh, Jae.

 

While waiting, I spent my time walking around the building, and I accidentally bumped on a person.  The contract went down and rested in a snow puddle (it was winter, I still remember), and I landed on my very big .  I snatched the contract once I got the chance, and looked at it.  Luckily, it was intact.

"Could you look to where you're going?"  I angrily said.

"Mister, you're the one who's not looking."

i looked at him, and god, I could turn gay from his looks.  He had his glasses on,and he was smiling like crazy.  His hair was flipped to the side, and, okay, he was so hot, I admit.

"Um, let me help you."  He held his hand out.  

"Um, okay!"  I gladly accepted the offer.  "So, mister, mian for the sudden outburst.  It's just that this contract is so important to me, you see.  This is the measure of my life..."  And I kept blabbering on.  Till now I can't remember why I said those things.  "Okay, I said too much.  What's your name?"   I finally asked.

"Yoochun.  Park Yoochun."  The cassanova man said.

"Oh, okay."  Then something beeped.  I saw Jae, looking at me incrediously.  "So, I should get going.  Thanks."

"Hyung, since when did you talk to some random stranger?"

It hit me like a bucket of ice.  I never talked to someone near my family (except, of course, Jae,) much less to some random stranger.  "He... he bumped me."

"Ya, Hyung, I never saw you blush like that since-"

"JAEJOONG KEEP DRIVING!"

I never knew this complete stranger would have the key to my heart.