.2.

Roommates

The next morning, Chanyeol woke up and hopped out of his bed like usual. He groaned as he stepped into the cold bathroom. It was the middle of November, after all. He did everything he would usually do. Put on his suit, of course leaving off the tie. He nearly forgot Baekhyun had even moved in with him. If it weren't for that heavenly smell coming from the kitchen he would have surely forgotten. Baekhyun slept on the couch last night without complaining when Chanyeol assigned him there. Chanyeol didn't let just anyone sleep in his bed, after all. Even though they were roommates, they were still strangers to one another. Chanyeol walked into the kitchen, leaning against the wall. Baekhyun was humming some song Chanyeol had heard on the radio a thousand times or more, now. He didn't care for music too much so he couldn't recall the name. He stood silent, watching Baekhyun prepare whatever he was cooking. After 3 minutes of standing there unnoticed, he eventually cleared his throat to give Baekhyun a heads up. 

"Oh! Good morning, Chanyeol. Sorry, I didn't notice you there. I'm making some cooked rice with fish and spinach on the side. I hope you don't mind me using the things I found in the fridge... Oh, but do you want some? I'm just finishing up the spinach." Baekhyun turned his head for a second to flash the male a smile before turning back around to continue cooking.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. He wasn't sure why Baekhyun felt the need to wake up so early and cook, but he didn't complain. "Morning. I'll have some, I suppose. Better than eating nothing"

"Ah, that's good! Hold on." Baekhyun had already managed to find the bowls earlier before he started cooking. He was really making this food for Chanyeol, not like he would say that, though. He placed a generous amount of rice in a bowl, placing the fish on top. He took a smaller bowl and shared out a bit of spinach. Baekhyun placed the food in front of Chanyeol along with some chopsticks so he could actually eat. He put on a smile before leaning on the counter in front of the other male.

Chanyeol bowed his head before beginning to eat. He was taken aback by how good the food tasted, but didn't comment on it. He eyed Baekhyun curiously, wondering what he could be staring at for so long. "Is there something on my face?" 

"What? Oh! No, no! There's nothing on your face. It's just that I was wondering why you aren't wearing a tie with your suit." Baekhyun became flustered, not realizing he had been staring.

"Ah, that? I just don't know how to tie one." Chanyeol shrugged, shoving some spinach into his mouth.

"You don't? I could tie it for you!" Baekhyun lit up from the fact that he could assist Chanyeol, once again. He wanted to get on Chanyeol's good side so he could maybe open up a bit more.

"No, it's really okay," Chanyeol responded.

"No, no, you would look more professional with one. Hold on." Before Baekhyun could get a response, he walked towards his suitcase, then opening it to pull out a black tie. He strode back over to Chanyeol. "Here, turn towards me." Baekhyun turned the male around himself as he knew Chanyeol would be a little bit resistant. Baekhyun put the tie around Chanyeol's neck, his cheeks tinted a shade of red considering how close they were together. Chanyeol chuckled at how focused Baekhyun looked on tying the tie. Baekhyun looked up, making a confused face.

"It's nothing," Chanyeol said as Baekhyun continued. It seemed like an eternity to Baekhyun when in reality it had only been a matter of seconds. He backed away once he was done. 

"There, you go." Baekhyun put on a goofy smile as Chanyeol turned back around to finish eating. At least the male let him do that much to him without complaining.

Once Chanyeol was done he looked down at his watch, nodding. 

"Okay, I'm going to go now. See you later, I guess." Chanyeol stood up, heading towards the door. He sat down in front of the door to slide on his shoes. He picked up his briefcase and dusted his suit off before heading out the door.

"Bye!" Baekhyun hollered right before Chanyeol shut the door. He felt satisfied with himself for today. For right now he would just deal with sorting out his suitcases until Chanyeol came back.

 

★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜☆。.:*:・'゜★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜☆。.:*:・'゜★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜

 

 

Chanyeol twisted the keys in the lock, pushing open the door. He removed his shoes as he stepped into his apartment. He went towards the living room to go sit himself down to recoup from the train ride home. As he walked into the living room, he saw Baekhyun dozing off while holding a t-shirt in his hands. He shook his head, sitting down on the couch. He looked over at Baekhyun again, kicking the boy's arm.

"Wake up. I'm home, now." 

"Hm? Oh! Welcome home. Sorry, I was just sorting out my clothes and got a bit tired. The couch was a bit hard to sleep on." Baekhyun rubbed his eyes as he turned around. He sat down on his knees, wearing a smile like he always did.

"Yeah, it's fine. You can store your clothes in that closet over there, by the way. I forgot to tell you last night." Chanyeol pulled out his phone. He almost cursed as he realized he had yet to respond to his girlfriend from yesterday. He ground his teeth before sending her an apology. He explained his situation before offering to take her out of Saturday.

"Is something wrong? You look disgruntled." Baekhyun wondered if there was an emergency, considering how wide Chanyeol's eyes opened.

"Wrong? Oh, no. Just forgot to respond to something is all." Just as Chanyeol responded there was a knock at the door. He sighed. This seemed a lot like yesterday, minus the man sitting on his floor, right now. 

"I'll get it." Baekhyun shot up, scurrying towards the door. He opened the door with a friendly face on, as it was probably the neighbors.

"Hi! We live two rooms down. I'm Xiumin and this is my... friend Luhan. I hope we can all get along. Just stopped by quickly to say hello. We'll be going now. Don't hesitate to come over and hang out with us anytime. Bye now, Baekhyun." Xiumin looked quite friendly, yet, Luhan seemed to have frowned at the word friend when Xiumin referred to him. Yet, he had a smile on now.

"Oh, bye! I'll visit if I have time!" Baekhyun waved as Xiumin and Luhan walked down the hall. They seemed to be arguing about something due to the look on their faces, yet Baekhyun didn't say anything. He just slipped inside, closing the door behind him.

"It's pretty late now, so I don't think anyone else is coming. If they do, they'll come tomorrow." Chanyeol stood himself up as he headed towards his room. "I'm going to bed now, so don't bother me."

"Oh, um, good night! Sleep well." Baekhyun sighed as Chanyeol shut his room door. He put a hand on his chest. How awkward it was talking to Chanyeol as he never seemed to enjoy talking. Yet, that didn't make Baekhyun dislike him or anything of that sort. If anything, it just made him more curious about the person he now had to live with. He plopped himself down on the couch as he continued on that nap he was taking earlier.