.3.

Roommates

Baekhyun's eyes opened, his body slowly easing off of the couch. He glanced over at the clock which read 06:30, which was just 30 minutes before Chanyeol woke up. He jumped off the couch, rushing to the bathroom to brush his teeth. He splashed his face with water quickly as he headed back to the kitchen. The male took a deep breath as he opened the fridge. He pulled out two eggs and two pieces of bacon. Cutting the bacon into small pieces, he cracked open both eggs into a frying pan which was on the stove from the night before. He sprinkled the pieces of bacon into the half-cooked egg. He turned off the stove, pulling out some leftover rice from the fridge. He plopped a large amount into a bowl as he popped it into the microwave for a minute and thirty seconds. The microwave beeped loudly as Baekhyun pulled out the bowl, laying the egg on top of the rice. He pulled out some chopsticks before laying the bowl down on the counter. He took a deep breath as he strolled back over to the couch. As he sat himself down, he heard a door open. And then another door open. Then a door close. Then a door open, again. A few doors opening and closing later, Chanyeol appeared before him with a tie in hand.

"Tie this for me," Chanyeol demanded, knowing Baekhyun wouldn't refuse.

"Ah, of course!" Baekhyun shot up, getting on his tippy-toes to tie the tie properly. He pulled the tie tight as he smiled up at Chanyeol. "I made breakfast for you, by the way. I made it really quick, so I'm sorry if you don't like it but-"

"You talk too much." Chanyeol cut him off before Baekhyun could continue. He strolled over to the counter, seating himself to begin eating.

Baekhyun smiled to himself as Chanyeol seemed to be getting used to being assisted in his morning routine. As Chanyeol ate, his phone kept buzzing next to him. One text message after another. Whoever was texting him was spamming him quite a bit. Baekhyun's smile turned into a frown, as he was wondering who could be texting his roommate this early in the morning. Chanyeol cursed under his breath as he picked up his phone. He quickly skimmed over the texts he had received before turning his phone on vibrate. He shook his head, placing his phone face down as he continued eating. Baekhyun opened his mouth, yet shut it almost as quickly since it wouldn't make sense to pry.

Chanyeol slid off of his seat, side-eyeing Baekhyun. It looked like he was either sulking or was deep in thought. Chanyeol clicked his tongue. 
"What's the matter with you?"
Baekhyun gasped as he seemed to be lost in thought. He shook his head quickly.
"Nothing, nothing! Oh, look at the time. It's about time for you to go. Wouldn't want you to get caught in traffic. Out, out you go."
Chanyeol hissed, grumpily stomping out the door. What was with this all of a sudden. Well, even Baekhyun has his bad days it seems. No reason to get angry, but he really couldn't help but be annoyed.

 

★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜☆。.:*:・'゜★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜☆。.:*:・'゜★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜

 

Chanyeol knew he wasn't going to get home until late, but forgot to tell Baekhyun and he didn't have his phone number either. He had to go on a date with his girlfriend, Seohyun. That's why he got so many texts earlier. She was just telling him to meet her at some Karaoke bar with her some of her friends and their boyfriends. He was getting pretty annoyed going out with her. Not like he ever enjoyed himself. He was just too overwhelmed, and he had to admit, she was pretty selfish. He decided to go to soften the blow of when he planned to break up with her. He didn't exactly know when he would do it, yet he knew he would soon.

 

★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜☆。.:*:・'゜★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜☆。.:*:・'゜★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜

 

Chanyeol got back home at 04:40. He had some anxiety in the back of his mind as he knew Baekhyun would be worried sick. The boy was like a mother. Chanyeol gently opened the door, quietly closing it once he got inside his apartment.

"Mnn... C-Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol switched on the lights, a bit taken aback by the boy which was messily laying on the couch. Baekhyun shot up, storming over to him. 

"Where have you been?..You could have at least told me you were going to stay out late."

Chanyeol chuckled, ruffling Baekhyun's hair. He was just tired and wanted to go to bed, now.

"I forgot. I figured you would worry, so, sorry. I'll tell you next time. I'm going to sleep now. I don't have work tomorrow so you don't need to get up early."

Before Baekhyun could open his mouth, Chanyeol was already in his room getting ready for bed. Baekhyun rubbed his eyes. Did Chanyeol actually just apologize to him? It really was late. He might as well just go back to sleep since he was obviously just hearing things now.