Chapter 2

Safe In Your Arms
I shut my eyes before turning to the person.

kai.

he looked into my eyes and realized it was me. he backed away as he stood up.

"... si yoon?" he said, in shock. he looked like he was coming back to his sense and walk away sassily or something.

"kai..." I said, a tear fell from my eyes. I needed him. I needed someone to hold me down now.

kai wasn't being the mean him now. he kneeled down and looked at me.

I closed my eyes as I felt his arms around me again. thank you.

"what happen?" he said.

no don't tell him.

"what happen?" he repeated again, his voice was softer and smoother this time.

"I... I can't tell you. you wouldn't believe me and you'll find me a creepy " I said, already crying in this state.

"you're already a weird . just tell me?" he said smoothly.

I should just tell him. maybe he'll understand. or maybe he'll stay away from me more.

I looked up at him and swallowed my saliva once. "I.... I can see ghosts" I didn't turn away from him. I want to see his reaction.

he didn't pulled away. he didn't say anything. he seemed to be thinking.

"so is that why... you called me a ghost... and the way you seem to be running away from something and bump into me?" he said slowly.

I nodded my head. "but they disappear as soon as you touch me" I managed to say out.

"so you need to touch a human in order to make them disappear" kai repeated.

humans? maybe it was any human. it was just coincidentally that everytime the ghost appears, kai was there.

"yeah. I realized that." I corrected myself.

kai pulled away and stood up. "here, why are you here anyway? you live here?" I took his hands as he pulled me up.

I nodded my head.

"I see, I didn't expect I would see you here" kai said as we walk.

"why did you believe I could see ghost?" I asked curiously.

"because... I believe in ghosts."

"I at first I didn't believe in them. I love horror movies and I watch them with my boyfriend all the time. until I've seen them and I'm scared"

"when were you able to see them?"

"when I met you. today."

"so the first time you've seen them was on me?"

"they were behind you"

"b-behind... me?" kai stuttered.

I nodded my head. "what about now?" kai asked quickly.

"I don't know, I can't see them" I felt Kai's hands squeezed mine. "because you're holding my hands" I said.

kai quickly let go. "sorry" he mumbled.

"you're.. scared of ghosts?"

"...I'm really scared of them" he admitted.

"I didn't expect that from a... popular, hand- I mean tanned sporty looking guy" I said. I almost said he was handsome. I mean he is, but I don't think we are on that good terms to call him that.

"thanks... why am I telling you everything... god..." kai laughed slightly as he ruffled his hair.

"at least I've cleared the misunderstanding. and, I'm really sorry for spoiling your phone" I apologized.

"I decided to live on with it" kai said as he smiled and showed his phone in his hands.

I gave a grin. "oh, you took it back after you left it on the table?"

he nodded his head.

"where do you live? I'll walk you home" kai asked.

"just round the corner there," I said.

we walked to the old spooky mansion as I said, "it's here"

"you live here?" he said softly, looking directly to the old house.

I nodded. "oh... it's kind of old" I explained.

"I heard that the previous owner was an old couple. they didn't want to renovate the place despite how rich they are. their grandparents bought this house and they didn't want change anything. the old couple passed away and because it was too run down no one bought it. it's been at least 10 years it was left empty." kai said.

"no wonder it was sold so cheap" I said.

"are your parents planning to renovate it?" he asked.

"no..." I mumbled away.

I saw my dad's car driving into the garage. he came out and greeted us.

"oh, si yoon! have you met a new friend?" my dad asked.

"he's from my school. he lives here."

"that's awesome! now si yoon doesn't have to be alone! si yoon, you should go to his house and hang out more! your mum will prepare dinner and call you afterwards" my dad said as he brought his hands together.

"no dad, it's fine, I-"

"I'm not letting you into the house" my said as he walked away.

"you could come to my house. I'll show you where I live" kai interrupted. I looked at him as I nod.

we walked to his house as he type a long pass code into the machine. the gate automatically open as we walk in. hell, it was too grand and modern. the mansion was not as big as others, but it has a big field.

"wow..." I mumbled as I followed kai behind.

the doors were opened by two servants as they bowed.

kai nodded as we walked in. wow I never thought I could meet someone so... rich like this. we walked to the living room and it was huge and spacious.

kai sat on the sofa as I sat beside him.

the servants walked to us.

"would sir and madam like anything to drink?" the young woman asked.

"it's a hot day today, isn't it? get me a glass of iced tea, and what about you, si yoon?" kai said.

"same goes for me. thank you" I smiled as she smiled back and walked away.

I looked around as I see instruments everywhere.

"what instruments do you play?"

"oh, everything you see here. I was forced to learn them last time. I more into sports actually. do you play any instruments?"

I nodded my head. "yeah. I play the piano and violin. sports? nah, I dance."

"I dance too. ballet."

"oh... wait what- ballet?" I asked, did I hear wrong? a tanned sport looking guy does ballet?

"yup. and I really love ballet" he said as I started laughing.

"you're mean" he said.

"you're so not who I expect" I put my hands up.

the servant interrupted us with the drinks in her hands.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, but here is your iced tea" she said as she put the tray on the table.

"it's fine. and thank you again!" I smile as she bowed and left.

"I was wondering... I-" kai said as my phone started ringing.

I looked at my phone and saw "luhan" was calling.

"is that your parents?" kai asked.

"uhm... I'll..." I said.

"go ahead!" he said.

"okay sorry then, please excuse me," I said as I stood up.

"hello?" I answered.

"baby! how's your first day of school? it feels like torture not seeing you in school. I miss you already"

"it was alright! I really miss you too" I said. it was true. there was no one I could hug without asking, to open my true self without getting judge.

"I'll visit you this weekend" luhan said.

"really? its really far from here!" I said.

"nah uh, for you I'll do anything. how's fei?"

fei was my best friend in my old school. we were friends since elementary school. we were so close that we only had each other.

"she's lonely as hell that she's actually hanging out with us" luhan said.

"tell her say I'm sorry. she haven't been calling or texting me!" I pouted

"she's obviously mad at you" luhan said sarcastically.

"nah uh, help me okay," I plead him.

"okay okay. did you make any friends?"

"yeah... two girls! I kind of screwed myself on the first day of school but I'm glad they wasn't so judgemental" I said without stating the guys. luhan gets extremely jealous easily and always jump into conclusion. one time kris and I had a school project and luhan insisted to follow because he just wants to. he's over protective, but I love him. I try to avoid them since then.

"now what did my baby did again?" luhan said teasingly. I giggled.

"we'll skype later alright? I'll call you" luhan said.

"of course. I need to skype evey night. I'll see you then later" I said.

"okay bye baby girl" he said.

"bye babe" I giggled as I hanged up and walked back to the sofa.

"that doesn't sounds like your parents" kai said slowly. I smiled sheepishly.

"you have a boyfriend" kai said almost teasingly.

I nodded my head. "I swear to god chanyeol was trying to hit on you" he said.
 
i laughed away. "nah, he was just being very friendly" 
 
"hes friendly, but not to the extent he'll get a girl to sit with us during lunch" he rolled his eyes dramatically. 
 
 
"well maybe he like that i was daring?" i raised an eyebrow at him.
 
my phone rung again in my hands. 
 
"your overprotective boyfriend again?" 
 
i shook my head and took the call.
 
"food is ready. come back quick before the food is cold" 
 
"alright. be there in 5" i said and hung up.
 
"your mum cooked instant noodles?"
 
i laughed. "probably" 
 
"alright go ahead. im going out too. i actually wasnt suppose to come home but i forgot something. you better feel grateful that i was there when you encounter the... ghosts" he said arrogantly. 
 
"okay okay kai. thank you so much, my hero! ill never forget your kindness!" i said dramatically. 
 
he shooed me away with his hands and walked up the stairs. 
 
the servant bowed and opened the door for me as I left the house.

the next day, i walked down the hill to the nearest bus stop to go to school. a car behind me slowed down and the window wind down, revealing kai.

"hey princess, looks like im gonna save you again"
 
i shook my head. "im good" 
 
"come on, how can you reject a prince from saving you?" he joked and i laughed.
 
he opened the door and i got in. 
 
i bowed to the chauffeur. "thank you"
 
"hey... about me able to see ghosts... youll keep it to yourself right?" i asked. 
 
he turned to look at me and his eyes bore into mine. 
 
"as long as you keep a secret that im afraid of ghost" 
 
we reached school after an hour of ride.
 
we got off the car and went separate ways.
 
"si yoon! i didnt see you on the bus today" sehun said as he got into the class and grabbed a seat beside me. 
 
"oh... my dad brought me to school in the morning. i only take the bus home" 
 
"aw i see, i was anticipating to see you today on the bus" he laughed away, slightly too forward with his words. 
 
"wow sehun, is this how you flirt girls? youre scaring them away" chanyeol joined in and placed his arms over sehun's shoulders. 
 
both of us blushed and i noticed kai walked in.
 
"i wasnt flirting her!" sehun said quickly, taking his bag and scrambled towards kai and the rest who were sitting behind. 
 
"thanks sehun for giving up your seat!" he waved at him and sat beside me. 
 
"shouldnt you be sitting with your friends?" 
 
"as i said, ive been with them since forever. its time to move on" he said and i giggled. 
 
"oh baekhyun! sit with us" chanyeol beamed as soon as baekhyun stepped in. 
 
he turned to look at me and his face fell. 
 
"its okay" he said and joined the rest at the back. 
 
"did you ask him why he was being weird?" i asked awkwardly. 
 
"yes i did. he said you have a weird aura. his parents are monks, thats why" chanyeol stated.
 
"what do you mean by weird aura?" 
 
"i didnt bother to ask. hes overly superstitious. its his problem" chanyeol said casually. 
 
the bell rung, signalling that class has started and we should all keep quiet.

pe class was next. we got changed into the appropriate attire and we waited for the teacher to come. 

"today we will be playing hide and seek" the teacher shouted so all of us could hear. everyone groaned.
 
"teacher what are we? 5?" someone shouted. 
 
"trust me itll be fun. you can hide anywhere in the entire school. those who didnt get caught after the bell rings will be able to skip pe next week" 
 
the teacher countdown from 60 and all of us run in all directions. still new to the school, i ran to anywhere that looked quiet and a little too dark for my liking. i hid behind a worn out stack of tables. as soon as i squat down to hide, i knew it was a wrong decision. i turned around and see a ghost with bloody eyes and his jaw ripped off. i screamed and tried to escape, hitting my head on the tables over my head, causing the stack to collaspe. ignoring the pain, i continue to run. 
 
i ran down the stairs and saw sehun walking quietly. i held onto him from the back and i looked behind to check if the ghost was still after me. his eyes widened. i glanced at him quickly. ill explain later, sehun. a second later, the ghost peeked out from the side and started getting closer to me. 
 
why is it not working? i lightly pushed sehun aside and wherever my legs would bring me.
 
i ended up at the dead end. my heart raced as i looked for a stairs but there wasnt any. 
 
my legs felt weak and i fell on the floor. the ghost caught up with me and slowly come up to me. i keep moving back until my back hit the wall. i gulped. this is it. i shut my eyes and braced myself for anything that is going to happen to me.
 
i heard a loud running steps, getting louder as it gets closer. and then i felt a hand wrapped over me. 
 
i slowly opened my eyes. kai. 
 
my eyes automatically watered when he looked back at me. 
 
i slowly grabbed him back, hands shaking uncontrollably. 
 
we stayed like this for awhile, till we heard another running steps running towards us.
 
"can you run?" he asked.
 
i shook my head automatically.
 
kai released me and scoot away from me. 
 
the catcher appeared, and we had no intention to run away. 
 
the bell rung and we went back to change.
 
the next class was the class where i was assigned to sit beside kai. 
 
"thank you" i whispered.
 
he looked at me and nodded his head.
 
during lunch i sat with daehee and eunhye. chanyeol wanted us to join them again, but i declined. 
 
before school ended, i wanted to talk to kai but he already left. 
 
i walked to the bus stop and saw sehun already there.
 
"hey" i smiled. 
 
"hey, are you okay? i didnt get to ask just now" 
 
"o-oh yeah. thanks for asking" 
 
"what happen? when you left, kai came by and i told kai that you looked sick and left in a hurry. without hesitation he just ran after you"
 
oh, so thats what happened. 
 
i laughed dryly. "i was feeling a little sick, and the jerk noticed" 
 
the bus came and we board on it. wow, the bus is packed today. 
 
i stood awfully close to sehun. the bus started moving. the bus jerked, causing me to lose my balance everytime it jerk. the bus suddenly came to a full stop and my legs couldnt hold me up. before i fell, a hands held me up. i turned around, realizing its sehun. "thank you" i mouthed. 
 
he released and offered me his hand. 
 
i looked at him.
 
"youre gonna fall again" he emphasized. 
 
i casually took his hands and we stood like this until we reached his stop. 
 
he tapped the person in front of us.
 
"can you give her some space to stand? thanks" he said, almost monotony. the girl shifted immediately, and sehun pulled me towards him, allowing me to hold the nearest railing. he placed his hands on top of mine until the bus came to a full stop.
 
"thanks again" i smiled. 
 
he waved cutely before he turned and went down the bus. 
 
the bus gets emptier every stop. when it reaches my stop, there was barely anyone. 
 
i got off the bus, unwind my headphones and plugged into my phone. i tapped shuffle on my phone, and braced myself as i walked up the hill. 
 
i took the key out from my pockets and unlocked the door. 
 
"mum? dad?" i shouted. my voice echoed back to me and my hair stand. 
 
i walked up the stairs and closed my room door behind me. 
 
i threw my bag on the floor, along with my jacket. 
 
i lay flat down on my face on the bed.
 
"what a long day" i sighed. 
 
my phone vibrated and i flipped myself, raising my arms to look at my phone.
 
"baby, hows your day?" luhan texted.
 
in the midst of replying, he called and i accepted.
 
"baby" luhan said.
 
"hello" i smiled even though he cant see it. "i was about to reply you, you arent patient huh" i giggled.
 
"of course. i miss you so much. i cant wait for this week to end so i can visit you" 
 
"me too," i sighed. it havent been a week and im already feeling tired. i sat up and looked up to the mirror. to my surprise, i jumped at the sight of the ghost hovering behind me.
 
"e-er l-luhan, someones at the door. ill call you back later" i said, stuttering along the way.
 
"uhm alright ba-" i hung up on him and ran out from my room.
 
noticing that the ghost was still following me, i ran down the stairs and out of the house. 
 
i ended up running towards jong in's house, and violently pressed the doorbell repeatedly. 
 
the servant opened the door immediately.
 
"is jong in at home?" i shouted at the gate, hoping she would hear me.
 
"no sorry" she shouted and i ran immediately before the ghost caught up to me. i ran down the hill, hoping i would run into anyone. 
 
not a single soul.
 
i reached the bus stop and realize there is no more hope. not a single soul, not a single bus. i turned around and see the ghost coming towards me. 
 
i don't know whats gonna happen to me. a tear fell out out of fear. a bus came by, halt and the door swung open. my legs are frozen in place, and i cant even move. i cant run away everytime when this happens. i... give up. 
 
a warm arms took me in and he held me tightly. the ghost disappeared into ashes.
 
"am i... too late?" he asked. 
 
i cried and hugged him back tightly. 
 
"kai" i sobbed into his shirt. "youre the only one that makes those ghosts disappear." 

finally! I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far. I might be starting new fics of bts members bc im a huge army after i need you era! (only if i can finish all my incomplete fics). but at the same time i dont wna make empty promises, so ill try to finish all my fics first and then maybe talk about it again! upvote if you're liking this fic so far :-)xx