Chapter 1

Safe In Your Arms

I creeped behind my boyfriend and scared him from the back.

"a-ah! you scared me," luhan said quickly as he put his hands on his chest.

I knew luhan when we were in middle school. we were both young, but we had been classmates for a long time. we were quite close as we got into high school and we started dating since then.

I giggled. "I thought you're a man" I joked.

"you just hurt me" luhan pouted.

I faced him and brought my hands to his cheeks and squeezed it.

"now you're hurting me physically" he repeated as he swatted my hands away.

"have you got the movie tickets?" I asked as I pulled away.

"I did." he said as he waved the two movie tickets in the air.

we held hands as we walk into the theatre.

after the movie, we walked out together.

i touched him as I felt him shivering. I laughed as I slapped my hand on his back.

"you're a real man" I said sarcastically.

"wasn't it scary for you? I mean yeah, you love horror. we watch different horror movies every week but this one really creeps me out"

"nah. I believe ghosts doesn't exist"


"are you ready for new home and school?" luhan asked as he walked me home.

"of course not, you're not with me" I sighed.

I have to transfer school because I was shifting house tomorrow. and I have to leave luhan. of course physically, because I'll never leave him in my heart. I love him so much.

"I'll miss you. but I guess we'll try to meet every month" he said as he held both of my hands and looked at me sincerely.

"we have to." I said as I sighed once again.

luhan leaned in slowly and pecked my lips. he slightly pull away till our nose touched. he stared into my eyes and leaned in again, kissing my lips as I kissed him back, making the kiss deeper.

"I love you" I said as I pulled away.

"I love you too. you better go in now, it's really late" luhan said as he kissed my temple.

"will you be able to sleep tonight?" I cheekily ask.

"I was trying forgetting about it here but you suddenly remind me again" luhan said as he stomped his feet cutely.

"ghosts doesn't exist, luhan" I repeated.

"then hug me. I'll be okay afterwards" he said.

I chuckled as I pinched his nose. I leaned in and wrapped my arms around him as I hugged him.

"goodbye," I said in his ears as I pulled away and waved at him.

"sleep well" luhan waved back.

"you too" I winked as I looked at him the last time before I left him.


the next day, we left the old house and drove to the new house.

"we've reached" my dad said as he turned off the engine. I opened the door as I took a step out and looked at the house.

it was an old mansion. my dad decided to bought it because it was cheap. I walked in and the house was really hollow and dark.

"aren't you gonna renovate it, dad?" I asked.

"nah uh. it's looking fine to me. just gotta clean up abit" dad said as he walked up the stairs.


it was my first day of school today as my dad drove me to school.

"have fun!" my dad said as we reached school. I rolled my eyes playfully and alighted from the car.

I walked into the class and I sat at a random seat.

the classmates were all staring and gossiping around me.

what? is there something on me? on my face? I chose to ignore about it. I took out my earpiece and plugged it into my phone.

suddenly, I felt someone banged the table I was sitting in front.

I looked up and see a olive tanned guy with defined jawline looking directly at me, his face close to mine. that was what I notice immediately. 

"what?" I asked as I took off my earpiece.

"you're sitting on my seat... new girl." he said.

"o-oh" I looked around to look for vacant seats. and as I look back to him again, I saw ghosts around him.

is this a prank? his friends dressed up as ghost? but they look so translucent. how can humans look translucent? or am I just seeing too much? probably the movie from last week was actually scary that I didn't realize it myself.

I closed my eyes and rubbed it. I opened it and it was still there. the ghosts were smirking back this time. one had a doll face with scratches, scars and blood. her hair were long and were thick. another was a headless female and another was a man with his eyes all bawled out. it was too gruesome.

"what's wrong? am I too handsome?" he frowned as he touched his hair proudly.

why were ghosts around him? have I gain the ability of seeing ghosts? the ghosts started going around him. and there was one about to touch him.

"ghost!" I shouted as I grabbed my head and crouched. 

the whole class laughed and he was just there.

"are you humiliating me? I'm not a ghost" he quickly said.

I looked away from him.

"I'm not a ghost," he repeated, grabbing my face to look at him.

I shut my eyes and pushed him away from me that he fell on the ground. not that I was strong, but he wasn't ready for it. I opened my eyes and looked around, realizing the ghosts were all gone. was that just an illusion? it was surreal.

he stood up and glared at me. ", how dare you-"

"kai!" the teacher interrupted. 

I quickly stood up and walked to the front of the class.

"today, a new student will be joining us. please introduce yourself" the teacher said as he allowed me to speak.

"I'm si yoon..." I said softly.

"okay. sit beside kai, the one I just shout at." the teacher said as he pointed at kai.

"can I not sit there..." I mumbled to myself as I walked towards him and took a seat beside him.

class ended really soon and I realize no one wanted to be friends with me. most probably because I ruined myself on the first day of school. no, even before school has started for the day.

"hey si yoon" a tall and weirdly elf shaped ears guy came up to me. his eyes were big. and cute.

"hi," I smiled.

"oh... I'm chanyeol!" he said as he brought his hands up to me.

"hello chanyeol," I took his hands and gladly shook it.

"you were really cute just now. did you did it on purpose? like do you know him outside? my friend was so angry, it's funny" chanyeol laughed wholeheartedly. it was cute.

"your friend...?" I raised an eyebrow.

"kai, I mean. ha, he's my bud" chanyeol said.

"oh.... no I don't know him, and it wasn't a purpose..." I said.

"like he was a ghost? you probably never had enough sleep... were you excited... or not looking forward for your new school?"

"maybe..." I chuckled away.

"baekhyun! don't just keep quiet there! anyway, he's baekhyun" chanyeol said as he pointed to the guy who sits beside me.

"oh! hi, I'm si yoon!" I smiled as I brought my hands to him.

"I'm baekhyun..." baekhyun said unwillingly and didn't want to shake my hand.

"okay" I said, slightly hurt. why was he like this? maybe he was shy with girls.

"baekhyun... you're being rude. ohhhh no, you're shy." chanyeol giggled teasingly.

"of course not... I already have a crush on someone" he denied quickly, taking his stuffs and walking away.

"he usually isn't like this. maybe he finds you pretty" chanyeol chuckled to himself.

but that doesn't look like it to me.

"so wanna hangout?" chanyeol asked when I kept quiet.

"don't you want to hangout with your friends?" I looked at him.

"nah, I hangout with them everyday since the start high school. I'm sick of them already" chanyeol lightly joked.

"really... chanyeol..." I said. don't sacrifice for me.

"how about this... you could join us!" chanyeol asked.

before I could deny, chanyeol grabbed my hands and dragged me out of this class.

"okay chanyeol, I'll follow you... just let me go..." I don't want to ruin my reputation even more than before.

"really?" chanyeol smirked. "yes" I quickly said.

chanyeol slowly released and I followed him behind. besides, I had no where to go.

we walked to the basketball court and saw the other 5 guys, including baekhyun and kai.

"chanyeol! quickly join us! oh, is that the new chick kai has been talking about?" a tall guy with leaned body turned around.

"si yoon?" chanyeol pointed at me and giggled.

"why did you bring her with you? jesus, I don't want to play anymore," kai slammed the basketball hard on the ground and left the court.

"I'm sorry guys" I apologized in front of the rest of them.

"nah, Kai's just immature at feelings. he can't be let down" the small guy with thick eyebrows and huge eyes picked up the basketball.

"I'm kyungsoo by the way. Kai's best friend" kyungsoo walked to me and took my hands to shake.

the tall guy with the lean body started chuckling at us.

"what?" kyungsoo raised an eyebrow.

"you guys are the same height! no she's taller!" he couldn't comprehend his words as he laugh.

"that bastard" kyungsoo walked up to him and whacked him.

"by the way si yoon, I'm sehun!" sehun shouted to me as he continued getting whack by kyungsoo.

the basketball rolled to my side and I bent down to pick it up. standing up, I see a pale innocent looking male in front of me.

"here," I smiled.

"I'm suho" he said as he took the ball from me. really good looking indeed.

"suho." I repeated, noting it down.

the bell rung we all soon had to assemble back in class.

I went into the girls toilet and I realized I was the only one in it. looking into the mirror, I washed my face from the hot weather. I turned off the tap and looked up in the mirror again. my eyes widened.

there was a ghost behind me. the same ghost I saw behind kai. doll face, long black thick hair.

i wasnt able to scream nor move. it was definitely not an illusion because I did not expect it. I forced myself to walk quickly out of the toilet and realize it was following me. I looked back and no one seem to notice to see the ghost. I could see ghosts. ghosts existed.

was this school haunted? why could I see them?

I turned back and wanted to run forward but ended up bumping into a guy, causing the phone in his hands to drop.

"I'm sorry!" I said as I picked up his phone on the floor.

I looked up as he look at me. kai.

"this -" he said as he snatched his phone away from me.

I looked away and back. where was it? did it disappear?

"I'm sorry" I repeated again after I looked back at him.

"good gracious!" kai snorted as he walk away from me.

I went back to class and I made friends with a few girls during class as we had a group work.

"kai? he's one of the most popular and badass kid. like who doesn't admire him? both girls and guys admire him. plus, he's super rich too. his dad owns an hotel" eunhye said.

"I can see that. he's really proud and can't be let down" I said.

"it was really funny of you this morning. no one dares to made fun of him. I like you" daehee giggled.

"well, I didn't make fun of him in purpose" I admitted.

"it was still a good one" daehee gave a thumbs up.

I giggled. "is he like a big flirt anyway?" I asked curiously.

"kai never had a girlfriend. he likes to flirt girls and then dump them after because he has no intentions of being with them" eunhye said.

"what an " I commented.

"it sounds like you hate him," daehee said.

"not really... but I guess I offend the wrong person in class. like the worst person I could offend in this class. I know he hates me, looking at the way he looks at me. what about you guys?" I asked.

"nah, we just dislike him." daehee replied.

"what about chanyeol? he's really nice" I complimented.

"he's really nice. apparently he has a crush on our classmate. that girl" daehee said as she point at her.

"she's dara. they had been friends since young but somehow she changed and became a ." daehee sneered.

"you like chanyeol?" eunhye smiled cheekily at me.

"nah, I have a boyfriend" I said.

"you do?" daehee screamed softly.

"yes," i said as I showed then a selca of luhan and I.

"wow, he looks perfect"
"he's pretty!"

"if you say that he's pretty he's gonna flip out on you" I giggled as I said to daehee.

"are all the boys this perfect in your previous school?" eunhye pouted.

I giggled. "what about you guys? any crush?"

"she likes sehun" eunhye whispered to me.

I giggled. "good choice. he's cute to me at first glance" I pat daehee in encouragement.

"he has bad temper and doesn't mix around with girls" daehee admitted.

"what about you eunhye?"

"well... I used to like kai but he's a jerk now. I knew him since young but I started to hate him..." eunhye said softly.

"she actually confess to him but he rejects her. just like how he did to other girls." daehee joined in.

"wow you guys just made me want to hate him" I said.

"but I think he's alright... exo would have kick him out by then if he was really a jerk" daehee added.

"exo?" I asked.

"oh. that's their clique name. they're usually dance and sing during their free time. and also they're just the popular group in school."

"well my boyfriend is also in the group called exo... such a concidence how they have the same name?"

"exo is a nice name. it's common" daehee said.

class ended soon and it was lunch break.

"do you want to join us for lunch?" daehee asked.

"sure!" I said.

we were walking when sehun and chanyeol pulled me away and dragged me with them to eat with them.

"wait... what" I said confusingly.

"sorry girls, we're stealing si yoon away from you today" sehun said as he winked at them. daehee smiled shyly. she's so cute in front of sehun.

"we all could eat together" I said.

"nah uh, it's okay," daehee said shyly.

why? just because they're the popular group?

"if not I'll just go with the girls" I threatened.

"we all could eat together, of course!" chanyeol quickly said and dragged me away with him. I smirked to myself. I'm so gonna make daehee and sehun together. 

we all gotten our food before we sat down.

I sat down in between eunhye and chanyeol in a round table.

"is she seriously sitting at the same table as me?" kai said as he glared at me.

I bowed slightly before apologizing. "i'm sorry"

"for what? for humiliating me? or for spoiling my phone?" he said sarcastically.

"wait, its spoilt?" I asked confusingly. I merely just bumped into him. how could it be spoilt?

"well, you were that blind that you literally rammed into me. not just a bump." he said as if he was reading my mind, raising his phone, showing the cracks on it.

"well isn't it still working?" I smiled shyly, seeing his phone lit up.

"well it's still spoilt to me. I can't use it anymore because it's ruined" he said proudly.

I frowned.

"enough. I've just met you today but you ruined my life twice. I can't have anymore conversations with you. I'm moving." kai said as he slammed the phone down on the table and stood up.

"...no one's going with me?" he mumbled.

"I'll go!" kyungsoo said as he leave with him.

"don't worry, he's rich as hell" sehun said as he put the spoonful of food into his mouth.


school ended really soon.

"do you need a ride back?" chanyeol asked as he chased after me.

"you drive?" I asked curiously.

"nah uh. baekhyun drives me to school everyday. we live nearby each other. where do you live?"

"I live at the north of han river" I said.

"oh, that's where kai lives! that's like the most expensive place in Seoul and that's really far from here" chanyeol shook his head, imagining how early he has to wake up for school.

"it's not really far for me... at least it's not as far from where I've studied" I said.

"but why do you take a bus when you live there? there's no bus stops there"

"my dad and mum works. also, i take the nearest bus stop from home and then walk."

"don't you have a chauffeur like how kai have?"

"nah uh. it's just my family" I said.

"wow, independent!" chanyeol clapped.

"chanyeol! we should leave!" I hear baekhyun shouting for him like 5 feet away.

"aw . you sure you don't want a ride?" chanyeol asked.

"nah uh. baekhyun would never ride me anyway" I said sadly.

"I wonder what's wrong with him. I'll ask him!" chanyeol said as he waved goodbye to me.

I walked to the bus stop and see no one I knew. I put my earpiece on as I click on shuffle.

why was baekhyun being weird? why do I see ghost sometimes? why whenever I get in contact with kai the ghost seems to disappear? why-

I felt someone jumped behind me.

hoping it was not a ghost. I turned behind.

"wow sehun, you scared me!" I said as I pulled out my earpiece.

"well come on, it's daylight! there's no ghost"

but there is.

"you take the bus home?" I said, changing the subject.

"yeah. i live really near school. you too?"

"nah. I live quite far from here. near kai"

"really? oh, then we should visit your house when we visit kai!"

"it's a little old though, but sure!"

the bus came really soon as both of us board the bus and we sat beside each other. a little too close for my liking.

"I'm sorry that kai is a little mean to you. I'll try talk to him." sehun spoke up.

"nah uh. it's my fault actually. but, seems like apologizing to him makes him more mad. I should stay away from him" I said as he giggled softly.

"he's just too proud." sehun managed to say as he laugh.

we cooled down from laughing after a minute until sehun speaks up again.

"he doesn't go home immediately after school. he usually escapes from his chauffeur and go somewhere else. maybe going to a club. I've been to a club with him and he seems... well-known" sehun said.

"let's not talk about him," I said, getting uncomfortable with the topic. "now about you... how do you find daehee?" I asked.

"she's alright. she's simple. but she seems to be too quiet and afraid of me? I don't know" sehun said as he looked at me.

"she is... you don't really mix with girls, don't you?" I said.

"you notice that? yeah. I'm awkward with girls" sehun laughed away.

I shook my head. "daehee told me about you. you don't really seem awkward with me. to me." I corrected myself.

"because you make me comfortable. like you aren't talking to me because you have a motive. like seducing me"

"ooooh," I laughed away, "so you were just awkward with girls who flirts you? liking you?" I giggled.

"kind of. it's awkward how they can just be so direct with those eyes and words. it's creepy" sehun admitted.

"i have to say some girls actually do act like this. but daehee isn't like this. you should try talking to her. she might be a little shy, but make her comfortable" I said.

"you're new to this school but you're talking like you're a senior here" sehun said jokingly.

I giggled.

"oh , I was getting immerse with our conversation but I don't wanna miss my stop. got to go, si yoon! see you tomorrow" sehun smiled as he stood up .

"glad talking to you. my bus buddy!" I said as I waved goodbye to him.

I reached home and for once I was actually afraid. the house was too big for my liking, and not forgetting the house is a little spooky too. I used to fancy them, but until I actually see a real ghost. I walked out, decided to take a walk outside instead.

I realized all the mansions around were modern and new, except the one I was living in. old and haggard. and spooky.

I walked to a park and decided to sit on the swings.

I started humming to myself as I giggled to myself. sehun was so cute. I like chanyeol too, like he was really nice to me. if wasn't for him, I wouldn't have any friends today. but baekhyun. my smile disappeared and turned into a frown of disappointment. he was so weird around me. seeing how he could flirt other girls and can blabber so much around the guys, he instantly become quiet around me and all... afraid? I stopped swinging as I heard some noise. there was suddenly a strong breeze as the bushes and the leaves starts rustling.

I looked around and realized there were all ghosts. this time they had legs and looking more like a zombie, walking towards me.

my knees dropped and I crouched down, covering my ears from the low emitted noises.

I can't believe my eyes. ghost did really exist. as many times I tell myself they don't exist, they keep appearing. I don't know if the ghost could actually touch me and hurt me, but I was still afraid.

I felt someone arms around me and I saw the groups of zombies turned into ash. I saw it myself. with my own eyes.

I shut my eyes before turning to the person.

kai.


First chapter up! I have not edit this, but I will as soon as I have time! I hope you guys liked the first chapter. Do subscribe and commment and dont forget to upvote if you like it! :-)