Encounter

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So they say that time,
Takes away the pain
But I'm still the same

-Heartache (one ok rock)
 

 

The first encounter Zitao had with Kris that changed his life forever was from a gloomy afternoon. The Sun's hiding behind dark clouds that seem like it's ready to pour its contents over the people below who are just coming home from work or school. It's pass 3:00 p.m. already and he's packing his things because his last class is over. He's taking his time because no one will make him hurry up.

Sehun is usually with him in every minor subject that they can be together. But considering that he's majoring in dance education while Zitao majors in marketing; this subject is one of those that his friend couldn't take with him. 

Zitao is okay with it, cause he's sure that his best friend is already home and bought food for dinner. It's one of the perks of having a wealthy dorm-mate, though the downside is that Sehun's a neat freak who can't even cook to save his life. Which leaves Tao to be the head of the kitchen department, luckily not tonight cause he's pretty tired from all the quizzes he had all day.

"Hey! He'll be there again right?!?"

Zitao blinked many times when he heard a girl shriek after that question.

"You mean Kris Wu?!?"

'Ohhh, so it's about that guy again.' Zitao thought.

He's been hearing about this new guy since last week. They said he's always in the art room around 3:00 p.m. sharp. He's already famous even though he just transferred this past week. The reason is that he's apparently smokin' hot according to the girls and that he can be your Jack from Titanic because of the guy obviously majors in art and his specialty is painting, which is what he usually works on in the art room.

"He's so handsome!"

Zitao turned his head to look at the girl, and he swears he could see her heading off to la la land— most likely imagining Kris as her companion.

"I know! He should paint his self, seriously girl I'd be dying to be under him screaming his name."

"Me too! Holy cow, girl me too."

Now, this is the part where Zitao regrets eavesdropping on the girls' conversation. He didn't know that his classmates could be so shameless about their desire to bed the guy. But being the curious guy he is, he can't help but be intrigued by Kris Wu. Since he's gonna pass through the halls where the room's at, why not take a look?

 

Well, they say that curiosity killed the cat. Maybe the same goes for the brunet too.

 

 

 

Zitao stood outside the door with his eyes fixed on the person who piqued his interest.

Now that he sees 'the new flaming hot student' with his very own eyes, well he's actually not gonna deny that he's indeed hot. But seriously flaming hot sounds ridiculous, it doesn't fit Kris' image at all. Cause for Zitao, Kris' outward appearance is the exact opposite.

Stone cold.

His view from the open door gives out the full image of Kris' side profile. From his blond hair with dark roots, thick eyebrows, pointed nose, and full lips. Let's not forget about those large hands that are painting a person without a face yet, holding a bunch of-

Snapdragons?

'Weird,'  Zitao thought.'Why Only snapdragons? Usually, you combine it with other flowers to make it more enchanting.'

Zitao arched one eyebrow as he studied the painting more. It's really bright like sunlight is shining upon that person. He's also assuming that Kris is painting a girl, from the long black hair and a bunch of Antirrhinum she's holding.

The girl seems to be holding up the bouquet as if presenting it to whoever looks at the painting. She's only drawn up to her shoulders, and she's wearing plain white imperial like clothing. It's beautiful even if it's still unfinished, but Zitao felt like he missed something as he stared longer at the piece of work. He couldn't point the finger at it, but he has this gut feeling that what he didn't notice is really important; Like it's a piece of information that will unravel some sort of mystery.

"Hey."

A deep voice cut off Zitao's train of thought. Startled, it took Tao a few moments before he diverted his gaze to the person who called him out.

Kris Wu.

When their eyes met, the brunet almost collapsed on his knees because of the intensity of Kris' gaze. His brown orbs are piercing right through Tao's bones as if Kris is telling Zitao that he has stepped on the wrong territory and he needs to back off.

"U-Ummn...I was just passing by, but I saw your work, and it k-kinda pulled me in." Zitao smiled timidly, his eyes leaving Kris as he lowered his gaze to the floor. "It's beautiful by the way."

There was a moment of silence until Kris sliced through it with a harsh tone.

"I didn't ask for your attention or your opinion."

Zitao felt a pang in his chest when he heard that. It's been so long since someone treated him like an insignificant piece of trash, and tasting it again after years of being free from it actually hurts so much more than before. He hesitantly looked back so that he can apologize and quickly sprint off, even if his jelly legs wouldn't be able to take it, as long as he can go somewhere far away from the ruthless painter.

But Zitao made the wrong choice since he broke his heart twice from his decision.

What met him were Kris' empty eyes. It didn't even hold anything in it anymore, he's just looking at Zitao with disinterest. As if he's just waiting for him to go on his way so he can continue with where he left off.

'It hurts, why does it hurt so much?'

Zitao couldn't decipher why he feels like Kris is ripping his heart into two. He's used to feeling like he never mattered before, so why's it painful when Kris is just doing the same right now? Why does he have this much effect on him? The brunet couldn't understand, so all he could do is stare back at Kris with a conflicted heart. They were like that for a moment, until Tao snapped back to reality when he heard something ringing. It was his phone.Zitao immediately fetched it from his pocket, hoping that Kris wouldn't notice his hand that was visibly shaking. His eyes left the others to gaze to glance at his caller, feeling a little bit of pride for having the strength to look away from the painter. He saw Sehun's pet name on the screen, and he immediately tapped the answer button.

"H-Hello?" Zitao stuttered as he's still feeling weak from all the emotion welling up in him.

"Peach," the other line went silent for a moment. "You okay? You usually don't greet me like that."

Tao couldn't reply right away, but his feet surprisingly moved on its own, and he started to walk away really fast.

"Fine," Zitao replied when he's already far from the art room. "Just got a little light-headed, Hunnie."

"But I remember you eating your lunch earlier," Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter