Yixing, the ever helpful friend.

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's was a fight-or-flight situation for the young martial artist, feet ready to either move forward or dash away from the cursed room where Yixing promised to meet him. It's a wonder why it did not cross his mind right away that the location Yixing gave him yesterday pertains to the very room that he avoids like the plague. He blames it on the dream he had last night, of the warm hand that held his/her hand tightly as they maneuvered their way to the vast, beautiful garden he/she admired before, their silk robes swaying along the breeze of the wind, and Kris' laughter filling his senses. 

Beautiful, if not for the fact that before he woke up, he saw a glimpse of a wilting snapdragon. Honestly, Zitao's indication that he's going to black out from his dream and then wake up to reality is a snapdragon. But not the lovely ones that he sees in that Celestial garden where Kris -from his vision- mostly take him. No, it's always a single snapdragon, a wilted or dying antirrhinum laying or planted in a spot that makes it look out of place. 

"What are you still doing there?"

The brunet snapped out of his grave thoughts when the familiar voice called him out, making him blink a few times as he saw the door already open and Yixing is inside, sitting on a chair with a smirk painted on his lips.

"You've been inside from the very beginning?" Zitao asked dumbly, clutching the strap of his bag as his cheeks inevitably bloomed into a shade similar to rose.

Yixing shrugged. "I opened the door to look for you, but apparently you're the one who blocked my exit." He then tilted his head."I did tell you to come in though, but it's as if you're in another world because you didn't hear me at all. I sat back down, and you were still standing there." 

"I-I'm sorry!" Zitao wailed, cringing inside when he realized how loud he was. 

The dancer stared at the flustered brunet, and Zitao swore that he had a knowing look on his face. But Yixing didn't say anything; he just smiled at him before pointing a finger on a chair across him, signifying that he prepared it for the brunet who nodded gratefully and made careful steps in the room. Zitao did not cease the chance as he discreetly looked around, searching for a particular piece that he's been curious about since his dreams started. That girl with a snapdragon in her grasp, was it him?

Does the Kris in reality experience the same thing that's happening to him?

Zitao wants to find out, but whenever he remembers the incident, his courage leaves him and all that's left for him is to wonder. He couldn't even get close to the room earlier for God's sake, how is he supposed to approach the reason why he trembles like a leaf while standing at the door? Fear ate him up a while back when he imagined that Kris might be in the room too, like a cold tingle running along his spine, he feared to go in and meet the painter's eyes which held no recognition.

That's why he became a sort of statue earlier, mind going on and on with a train of thoughts about an individual who haunts him in every way possible that he deems it as hopeless to escape.

"You're overthinking again." Zitao's eyes flickered back to Yixing who has his arms crossed. "You even stopped walking midway; it's that bad Zitao."

The brunet's eyes widened from the revelation, hands tightening around the strap of his bag even more as he began to bow his head to apologize profusely. Yixing's brow rose up, before snorting and waved off his hand, telling the younger one that he doesn't need to say sorry and that he should just take a seat. Zitao gave one more apology before obliging, sitting down on the stool with his face already as red as a tomato from all the embarrassment he caused to himself. Then silence consumed the room, but it turned awkward for the marketing student when he noticed that Yixing's analyzing him; quite shameless in fact because he's downright staring at him from head to toe. Zitao squirmed from the attention, wanting just to get up and run, but before he dared to do it, The elder of the two finally spoke something that made the brunet stay.

"You still got the same features, except the long hair," Yixing mumbled thoughtfully. "Though your ambiance changed; you're emitting a sort of naive innocence now." He then nodded in apprehension. " Ah, that's because you were like an elegant flower who emits sensuality back then, capturing almost everyone's heart with your grace and beauty."

Zitao blinked rapidly, trying to absorb the words that left the elder's mouth without gaping, Yixing saw this, and he proceeded to feed the astounded man with more information. "Your name's always included in every gossip, from the temple I reside in and even in the marketplace. You'd usually just scoff whenever I tell you though. Most of all, you never said sorry for anything." 

"Are you saying that you knew me personally in our past lives?" The brunet inquired, knowing that it was a dumb question but asked anyway. Zitao just feels like he needs to speak to let the other know that he's interested, that's why he asked even though the answer's already apparent. 

Yixing knew, and he smiled at the thought of his former friend's desire to talk more.  "Yeah, you were the child of one of the greatest seer around that time. I happen to be her apprentice, so we're kinda childhood friends." 

Zitao stared at the other with an awed expression. Odd, but he believes Yixing. Of course, there's a part of him that whispers that the elder might be tricking him, but the other significant portion of him trusts the latter. He's aware that he's a bit gullible, even Sehun says so; his best friend was adamant on going with him, good thing Zitao managed to make him promise that he can only intervene if Zitao doesn't give him a call after an hour of his supposed meeting with Yixing. It's sort of funny that Sehun's overprotective of him, yet he doesn't blame him. After all, his closest friend knew the nightmare he went through, of how he suffered alone at the hands of the troublemakers in his high school days. Sehun knows it all since he used to be a part of it.

"Tao?" Yixing called out when he saw the sad expression that the younger is sporting. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," Zitao answered, he then shook his head a little and locked eyes with the elder. "I just thought of something," The brunet smiled. "Thank you for your concern though."

"I see," Yixing nodded even if he's unconvinced. "Okay, if you say so."

The brunet gave a small nod, darting his eyes elsewhere, "Anyway," He started, tapping his foot on the ground to alleviate the anxiety that's beginning to crawl up his spine. "Do you happen to know Yifan?" 

"Yifan? Or should we say Kris Wu the stuck up nugget?" Yixing said with a chuckled, happy that he dissed the painter. "Of course I do, your undying love for him is the reason why we're all here." 

Zitao flicked his gaze back to Yixing. " What do you mean?" He asked as he's unable to comprehend what the dancer is hinting. 

"You need to find out yourself," Yixing replied with a sad smile. "I can't interfere with your progress, or I might end up severing your memories of the past. I knew that introducing myself to you won't cause damage since Kris is the main person that connects you to your past life." 

Zitao gave a pinched look. He doesn't understand anything at all. Okay, he does have an idea of what his background is back then, but he's still dying to know what happened to him and Yifan that made his soul etch their memories together. Was their story so tragic that his spirit wants to be with Yifan and start over again? He knew that Kris' past self is a wonderful person, it's no wonder that Zitao's soul is head over heels for him. But seriously, To get attached to the man to the point where she'd even want to be with him in the next lifetime? Zitao thinks that his soul took the word obsessed to a whole new level.

"Maybe that's the reason why he's the only person I dream of." The brunet uttered mindlessly, and Yixing perked up when he recalled something. "Because I'm deeply obsessed with him."

Yixing chuckled, amused with Zitao's way of thinking. "You still have the humor, I see."

The brunet glanced back to the dancer with an amused expression. "I mean, that's the only thing I can think of."

"Well, you can call it love just to be a sappy hopeless romantic," Yixing commented, and he smiled when Zitao openly let out a hearty laugh. " What? You don't like it?"

"No, Oh God please," The brunet wheezed, clutching his stomach. "I'm sure it's called obsession!"

"I think I like the current you better," Yixing chuckled. "You used to drown in your emotions back then."

Zitao snorted even though he's trying to catch his breath from his constant laughter that died down a few seconds ago. "Must be because I'm a girl in that era."

The brunet thought that the elder would at least agree with what he said, so it came to his surprise when Yixing's mirth faltered, only to be replaced by genuine astonishment. Zitao arched an eyebrow, and since he's already comfortable with the dancer, he did not hesitate to ask. "What's the matter?" 

"Tao, now that you said that, would you mind telling me more about the dreams you've been having?"

"Well," The brunet blushed, looking away from the elder's curious gaze. "It's all gooey mushy stuff, he's charming, and he always shows me a lovely garden, he also talks about marrying me." He muttered, then a frown settled on his bow-shaped lips. "But I was a girl then, so I don't know how my love brought us all together when I'm a boy now. I can't be with him anymore." 

Zitao can feel his heart breaking from the words that left his mouth. He can't help it; it's as if it was a sort of reflex when he heard himself saying the words 'Cannot be'  with Yifan's name. He's technically not so engrossed in his emotions, but whenever the man is involved, a dam of various emotions floods in his system. 

"Zitao, are you sure that what you told me is a hundred percent accurate? That's what your dream showed you?" 

The brunet glanced back at the elder, and he was surprised because what greeted him is a very confused-looking Yixing who seems to be contemplating. 

"Yes." He nodded. "Oh! I do remember something weird. I always see a lone snapdragon. Even in the garden, I started to see it on an awkward spot, away from the other snapdragons, it's either wilted or dying. When I see it, I knew that I'd be waking up after I black out in my dream." 

When he mentioned about the snapdragon, Yixing's eyes went wide, realization striking him. "I knew it!" 

Zitao blinked, "What?"

"Z-Zitao." Yixing stuttered, trying to find a way to help the younger without spilling anything. "I can't tell much, but have you ever remembered a memory while you're awake?"

The other shook his head, confused as to why the dancer looks like he's going to hyperventilate anytime soon. "No, it's always through my dreams." 

"," Yixing cursed, the brunet's answer confirmed his suspicion. "Tao, do me a favor please." 

Zitao nodded meekly, still stupefied from the elder's sudden agitation. "Sure, what is it?" 

"Promise me that you'll write down your every dream, I don't have to read it. But I want you to analyze everything, make sure you leave no details behind. Even your feelings in that dream matters." Yixing said solemnly.

"Okay," Zitao muttered, his feline-like eyes marred with curiosity. "Will you answer me if I asked what's it for?"

"I can actually, but I can only give you a vague answer." Yixing sighed, carding his fingers through his hair to ease his stress. "How do you put it? It's— let's just say it's to wake you up."

"Wow," Zitao mumbled. "That didn't help at all."

The elder snorted. "Which is why it is vague. Anyway," Yixing demeanor changed from serious to cheerful to which made Zitao give out an incredulous look. "Tao, my dear friend. Since you know that we're together on this journey of yours, will you mind if I sit with you tomorrow at the dining commons?"

Now, this is the part where Zitao smelled something fishy, noting that Yixing is up to something with his playful tone. But the brunet shrugged it off, saying yes to the elder as his gratitude for helping him out. Yixing gave his dimpled smile to the younger who's fiddling with his phone while bidding his goodbye, struggling to keep his triumphant smirk on his self.

"If you can't remember, then I'll bring that nugget to you. After all, Yifan's the real reason behind this mess." Yixing mumbled when he's sure that Zitao won't hear him anymore.  

 

 

"Zitao!" Yixing shouted with glee, running towards the table where a confused Sehun and a smiling Zitao awaits.

"Yixing Ge!" The brunet beamed when the dancer sat down facing him. "You appear happy, did something happen?"

"Yeah, meeting with you," Yixing replied that made Zitao gasp out in surprise.

"That's cheesy Ge!" The brunet wailed. "You almost made me melt."

"That's sappy Tao," Yixing retorted then chuckled. "Anyway, did you do what I told you?"

Zitao brightened up, and he immediately grabbed his bag and fished out a black journal, showing it to Yixing with pride. The dancer laughed, finding it cute that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter