Chapter 12

Orange Blossom [Haitus]

Okay so first off i couldn't update yesterday because there was some problem with my computer and i didn't have the back up in my phone. and i apologise for that, i hope you enjoy this update!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minjung POV

“Where are you? I bet my grandmother can walk faster than you” The voice on the other line replied sarcastically. “Stop being so whiny, I’m almost there” I cut the call as I swerved the car into a parking space smoothly. After hearing the ‘beep’ sound from my car which indicated that it had been locked, I walked away with only the clicking sound of my boots echoing off the walls. Today was the day that Taehyung and I were going to get his-no, our friends presents for Christmas. I was typing away on my phone when a familiar voice rang through my ears, and judging by the volume of the voice I knew the person was close by. I lift my head up to see a handsomely dressed Taehyung. He was wearing a forest green hoodie, back jeans and combat boots, to top it all off he had a million dollar smile. “You’re dressed nicely today” He commented as he looked me from top to bottom. I rolled my eyes and put my phone into my back pocket “Oh please I dress better than you any day”

“Is this a challenge I’m hearing?”
“Would you like a challenge then my boy?” I said stepping up to Taehyung with a mischievous glint in my eyes. “Bring it on” he took a step towards me with every word he said, so much that now I was trapped in between him and the mall railing with his hands on both sides of me. Now it was his turn to have a playful expression on his face. I tipped toed and pressed my forehead against his, to be honest I have no idea where my courage came from, smirking. “You’re on” We stayed that way for a little while before breaking off and avoiding eye contact with each other. “So have you eaten?” I shook my head left to right and right to left again. “I know a really good Chinese restaurant just around the corner, unless you prefer to eat something else?”

“Chinese sounds good. Lead the way” I stretch my hand out telling Taehyung to walk first. We arrived at the restaurant shortly and got shown to our seat. After ordering our food we sipped on some Chinese tea and started to talk about what we should get for the guys and their girlfriends. “So what do you think I should get them?” Taehyung ponder for a little before focusing his attention back on me. “For starters, do you want to share the presents or do you want to get yourself and also for the couples do you want to get them sepreate items or shared ones?” I thought about it for a little before replying. “I am fine with sharing the presents with you since I don’t really know them well but then on the other hand if I share it with you it might seem like I’m cheap or I don’t have the heart, same goes for the other present part”

“So at the end of the day what’s your decision?”
“I have no idea. Please help me” I begged looking at him with puppy dog eyes. He was stunned for a while there but soon gain back his composure. “You’re really cute you know that?” Now it was my turn to get caught off guard. He likes to say really weird or in this case sweet things out of the blue, I let an awkward chuckle slip through my lips.

Nothing interesting after that but we did finish up lunch and started to walk around to get started on getting presents. So first up, we stopped at a designer one of a kind clothing store. “So, Jimin likes one of a kind things. Hopefully we’ll be able to find something here for him. You can start looking over there while I start over the other side.” I nodded and went off in the direction Taehyung pointed me to. So we decided to get something together since I do not know the guys or girls that well yet. I browsed through a few shoes and clothes but nothing caught my eye or nothing caught my eye that I feel is suitable for Jimin. Taehyung and I met back in the middle of the store “Any luck?” I shook my head and looked behind Taehyung and a little something caught my eye. I pushed him out of the way lightly and walked towards the shining rocks.

As we approached the platform I stepped up with Taehyung following behind. I picked up the shining stainless steel ring. It was silver with a Rectangular sapphire with midnight blue designs on it. “This is the one” I turned around to face Taehyung and at the same time showing him the ring in my hand. “You think so?” “I know so” “Then let’s get this then” He said as he waved for a sales assistant over to get us a new piece. After getting Jimin’s present we moved on to the next shop which was an all couples shop.

Inside the shop I could see many pairs of couples shopping for things like couple pillow casing, rings, bottles and many other things. We plan on getting presents for the 3 couples here. We were walking around when a really pretty sales lady approached us. “Hello there do you need anything?” She asked. “Yea were looking for presents for our friends” “Not for yourself? You are not a couple?” *Us a couple? Do we look like one?* “No we aren’t” Taehyung answered for me as he gazed down looking at me with un readable eyes. “How many friends are you getting the items for?” The sales lady asked snapping the both of us out of our ‘staring contest’ “3 couples” “Well, I can recommend you to get a set of matching bracelets, rings and necklace. How about that?” “Sounds good. Can we have names engraved on them?” “Sure you can, this way please”

After paying and bickering a little over what fond and what designs should be engraved on the items we finally made our way out of the shop. Now we were only left with Jungkook and Suga, but I am a little hungry. I was secretly hoping for Taehyung to suggest grabbing some street food to eat before continuing. It was like he could read my mind because the next thing is said was “Jung, you want to get something to eat?” I nodded my head eagerly and my eyes lit up the moment he mentioned the word ‘eat’. It was then I suddenly realised that he had called me “Jung” so I did a double take at him and he seemed to understand what I was trying to ask him through my eyes. “Can I call you Jung?” He asked sheepishly. I smiled and let out a small sigh “sure you can”. We got some chicken skewers and bubble tea, while we munch on the food we continued looking around for presents.

Having finished our food we entered a Timberland shoe shop “Jungkook loves Timberland boots and he has been asking me for one for sometime now so I think this would be a good present to get him.”
“You know him better than I do, so we’ll choose whatever you think suits best” “
Really because that wasn’t how you think back at the couple’s shop”
“Oh come on the tribal design are clearly better than the swirly ones.”
“Whatever miss know it all and since you’re so good at choose presents why don’t you choose the colour of the boots for Jungkook?” I smiled and Taehyung and went forward to the different coloured boots.

Half an hour later I finally decided on the original colour of the Timberland boots, it was difficult choosing between the maroon coloured one and the original coloured one, I felt like they would both look good on Jungkook. Now we were left with Suga’s present. Walking about for another 20 minutes or so we found a shop selling electronics and cameras, Taehyung told me that Suga loves photography so we’re going to get him a few new lenses so that he can change them around when he wants to. For example a vintage looking photo and etc. “Now that we are done shopping do you want to go do something else together or do you have to go?”
“I have time to spare, so what do you want to do?”
“Maybe we can get somemore food if you’re hungry or the arcade and maybe we can catch a movie and have dinner after before we go home?” “Sounds good, we can eat while we’re in the movie then after that have a dinner and a stroll in the park before we leave?”
“Aren’t you a big eater now?”
“Why you got a problem Mr judgey pants” I asked folding my arms and putting all my weight on my right leg. “Easy there tiger I’m just saying.” He put his hands up in defence. I laughed and pulled him along with me as I walked off in the cinema’s direction. I didn’t realise that I was holding his hand the whole time till we reached the counter at the cinema, I dropped his hand and divert my attentions to the many different choices of movies available to us.

We settled with a comedy called ‘Grown ups 2’ I watched part one and it was really funny. The movie starts in 15 minutes so we only had time to go to the loo and get some snacks before the movie started, and that’s exactly what we did. Now we were seated in the cinema 3rd row from the back. “So after meeting my friends and their girls friends, what do you think of them?”
“They’re really nice and funny. I can feel that you are all very closely bonded, you give me the feeling where you will give up your life for them and friends like this don’t come by very often. You’re really lucky”
“What about your friends? Aren’t you guys bonded?” I let out a sad sigh *Yea.. friends who will give up their lives for me. If only they knew..*
“Is everything okay? You’re spacing out” Taehyung looked at me with concern eyes. I smiled a little and rest my hands on his “I’m good. Look the movie is starting” True enough when we turned back to face the screen the movie started. Throughout the whole movie I found myself turning to look at Taehyung constantly. Admiring his facial features, from his eyes to his cheeks to his nose and that very kissable lips.. Wait what am I thinking, this isn’t right. I shake my head to wake myself up from whatever dream world I was in. The movie ended shortly and we made our way out of the cinema. “That movie is hilarious!” Taehyung exclaimed as he looked at me, excitement evident in his eyes. I couldn’t help but smile back at him nodding my head.

-In the carpark-

“It’s about 7.20 now. Do you want to have dinner?” “Sounds great, I didn’t know you were that big of an eater.” “I did mention before that I am a huge eater. Then people will always challenge me to see if I can really eat that much and they would always lose to me.” “Well then miss eat a lot where would you like to go for dinner?” “How about a café? I know one near by which sells really good backed rice” “Sure, send me the address and I’ll see you there in a bit?” I nodded my head and walked of in the direction where I parked my car. The café was really close so it only took us about 10 minutes to reach the place. Nothing unusual happened during dinner, we talk and ate just like how normal friends would. And normal isn’t something I get on a daily basis unless you consider killing, robbing, drug deals, operating a red-light district, threatening and many other illegal things a normative. Talking about operating a red-light district I have yet to check up on one of 707’s branch as well as my own club. Don’t get me wrong the club I own is purely just for drinking and hanging out, because to have other extra services or deals is messy and a hassle. I already have more problems than I need.

Now back to Taehyung, just like we planned earlier on we drove to a park near my house, I have a house of my own away from the hideout, because I don’t plan on returning to the hideout today. We walked along a small pond in the park and soon came to rest on a green little grass patch, there was nobody here but it didn’t give off an eerie feeling, instead it gave off a really soothing and calming atmosphere. We took a seat and laid back on the grass patch to gaze at the many millions of stars in the night sky. “This is beautiful”
“I agree. How do you know about this place anyways?”
“Well, there was once where I need a quiet place to think and clear my mind as well as to forget a few things. Then I walked around and stumbled into this park.”
“What were the things you wanted to forget?” I paused for a little before replying “It’s not something I like to talk about.”
“I want to know more about you if you don’t mind?”

I let out a sigh and sat up, I had this weird feeling inside me, I can’t pin point on what feeling that is but before I knew it I started telling Taehyung what happened that night. “I was out with my Boyfriend- no wait, Ex boyfriend. We had just finished dinner and he was sending me home when he suggested on going to a near by pub for a drink, I was of legal age then I so went. We had a few drinks. Then just as we were leaving the pub I started to get a little woozy, my vision wasn’t clear but I could still make out where we were going. He carried me to the car, now at that time I didn’t suspect that he had done anything to my drink because after all he was my boyfriend. I trusted him. The car ride was a blur and at some point in time I had fallen asleep. The next time I woke up again I found myself lying on an unfamiliar bed, now that my senses were clear I quickly climbed out of bed and started running towards the exit. But just before my fingers managed to graze the handle I was roughly pulled back to the bed. A group of 3 or 4 guys surrounded me giving me sinister looks and what not. Then one of them said “What a nice boyfriend you have, throwing you to us” it was then I realise where things were heading. I panicked and tried to get away from them but it was no use. Though I could fight and I would have been able to if it wasn’t for the drug still in my system. My hands and legs were restricted but 2 of the men while the other 2 did their ‘thing’ with me” I unconsciously cringed at my own words and curled up into a ball before continuing the story “I struggled and they drove a knife into my left shoulder, I was lucky that they had bad aiming if not I would be left with one hand now, but the scar still remains. Before they could do anything more to me a gun shots echoed through the room and one by one they fell to the floor. I didn’t care who it was that shot them, all I knew is that I had to get out of there and fast. So I took my things and ran out, I didn’t want to go home just yet because I didn’t want to be alone and over think so my legs somehow carried me to his place and I stayed here for the night. I figured that nobody would find me here since it is so deep into the park. From that day on I trained myself 10 times harder and never did I ever accept a drink from anyone else ever again even from people whom I know.”

When I finished my story, I looked up to see Taehyung with so many emotions flooding his eyes. There was anger yet there was pity. He slowly reached his hand up to my face and wiped a lone tear that had escaped my eyes. “I’m sorry” was all he said before he pulled me into a gentle yet firm hug. I could feel whatever he wanted to say in that hug, I let my arms hang loosely around his waist. “Don’t be. Don’t pity me either” He seemed shocked at my words as he pulled away from the hug, this time looking at me with confused eyes. He lips opened and closed a few times showing that he was deciding if he should say what he had on his mind before he looked away from me. After a short minute of silence Taehyung turned back to look at me this time with blank eyes. “Can I see it? The scar” Slowly, I pushed my winter jacket and shirt off my left shoulder. There is was the scar that was about 2 inches in length. He brought his hand up and brushed across the scar, without warning he pulled me into a hug once again. This time I just stay limp in his arms.

Taehyung POV

Just what has this girl gone through? Learning how to fight. Protecting herself. The girl who seems so perfect in everyone’s eyes. The hug was more for me, to assure myself that I will be the one protecting her from now on. Whoever her boyfriend was is a jerk and will forever be one. I hugged her tighter and tighter to me as each second pass. She should be a girl learning how to do her nails, worrying about what clothes to wear. Not learning how to fight and shoot like an assassin and worrying about what others will do to her. After sometime I figured I couldn’t keep holding onto her and eventually let her go. I pulled her up to her feet and we started walking back to the car. The walk back was silent in a comfortable way “Thanks for opening up to me. I’ll tell you something about myself when me meet the next time, how about that?” She looked up at me and gave me the brightest and warmest smile I have ever seen “I’ll look forward to seeing you the next time”

I will admit, i didn't know a girl could be this strong. I know there is so much more to uncover about her, but slowly, in time I will know about them. When we reached the car we bade each other goodbye, I was watching her enter her car when she suddenly looked up at me with wide eyes before running over to me at full speed. /Bang/ She had switched our position in a blink of an eye. Not comprehending what had just happen I looked down at her to see blood slowly spreading on her stomach. Another shot came and this time it missed her heart by that one inch. She stumbled back into my arms, I looked around to see who was the culprit who had done this but to no avail.

“O-oppa, in the c-car. First aid” she stuttered. I place her lying against her car before opening up the car. I rummaged through her car compartment and found the first aid kit. I opened it up and hurry to her aid. She looked up at me and took the box from me before starting to attend to her wounds. I bent down taking the tweezers from her grasp “take out the bullet and dress the wound” I was dumbfounded, did she just casually ask me to take out the bullets? “Are you dumb? We need to get you to the hospital!” I didn’t mean to scold her but my senses came back to me and the way she was acting now is just making me speechless. “Don’t bother, I won’t go. Either you take them out for me or I will do it myself.” I wanted to argue with her but we didn’t really have much time before she starts losing too much blood.

With a sigh, I started to work on her wounds. It didn’t take long since I’m not exactly inexperienced in this area. “Did you make some gang angry?” “No, not that I know of” “Well, you better watch out cause it seems like someone out here has it for you” “You’re to talk” I snickered. “I’m going home now and you should to before they come back for you” She said turning her back to face me. I stood there speechless for the umpteenth time that night and watch her speed away. I’m going to have to talk to her tomorrow, I dressed her wound well and she seems like she knows what she is doing. I entered my own car and sat there staring into space. When she told me her story just now I felt so much anger, it wasn’t the kind of anger you felt for a friend it was definitely more than that. The feeling of wanting to just hold her close to me. The feeling of my heart breaking when I saw her getting shot. So much had happened that night, so much that I’ve yet to let all the events sink in, I felt so numb. But one thing for sure.. I have fallen for her, and hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there lovelies, how was the update? So our little Tae Tae finally reaslise his felings for Minjung huh? Don't worry she'll come to realise her's soon enough. For the lack of update i hope that the length of this chaper can make up for it. So, comment below and remember to subscribe and upvote!!!<3