The Proposal

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was all kinda weird to Jessica. EVERYONE seemed to go all mushy over Junpyo and Jaekyung's babies – Woobin had called her that morning to tell her the good news and she could hear how his voice was heavy with emotion – but maybe that was because Krystal had punched him for something he did again. Jessica had heard her yelling something about a bunny.

Would she go nuts over the babies too? NO! She was Jung Jessica, who had no ties to anyone and wouldn't get all mushy over babies. Babies... they just cried and made messes.

She sighed. Great. She couldn't even find her way there in the hospital... Woobin hadn't given her the proper directions. Or maybe she had forgotten...

"Are you looking for someone?" asked a voice behind her.

She turned arouond and her breath stopped.

This man was beautiful.

His eyes smiled and he looked completely open and relaxed. He was tall too...

"Miss?" he said. "Do you need help?"
She snapped out of it. "Y-yes... I''m looking for the Gu-"

"The Shinhwa owners?"
She nodded. "How did you-"
"It's Shinhwa after all."
"True."
He laughed, and beckoned her to follow him.

He led her to the VVIP section and stopped behind one of the rooms. "It's here."
"Thank you," said Jessica.

He inclined his head and was about to leave when Jessica suddenly asked, "Wait! What's your name?"
He seemed a bit surprised. "Ahn Jaewon."
"Ahn Jaewon," she repeated, before smiling and he left, looking a little bemused.

Jessica needed to find Jandi and ask her about Ahn Jaewon. Was he a doctor? No... he looked young so maybe an intern... was he single? Ah no, get a grip! Don't get all excited over that cute guy...

She was about to go inside when she heard Yijung say, "I don't need to listen to this."
She froze; his voice was coming from behind the corner, and when she heard Gaeul's voice, for some reason her blood began to heat up. Why was Gaeul bothering Yijung? She had dumped him and hurt him and now what was she up to?
"Listen to me!" said Gaeul. "I know... Yijung... I know, I behaved rashly back then. It was just so hard! I didn't know if you were telling the truth or not, with your history you could have been lying-"
"I never cheated on you," said Yijung. "You accused me so often... every time I was late you accused me of being with another girl. I'm just tired of it... you have to decide if you can trust me or not."
"I want to trust you," said Gaeul. "I really do. Yijung, I miss you. Every day, I thought of you. I didn't like seeing you so often with Krystal's sister-"
"What?With Jessica?"
Jessica crept closer. This was getting interesting...

"Yes, Jessica! She's not a good person, Yijung!"
"You don't know that." There was an edge to his voice, an almost protective tone.

"She dates a truckload of men and throws them away."
"I did the same," he said quietly. "So I guess I'm a bad person too?"
There was a slight pause, and then Gaeul said quickly, "No, that's not what I meant! I mean, the way you looked at her wasn't just this platonic or random thing... and I'm saying you don't need someone like that. You need someone you can trust."
Jessica almost snorted. Yeah, like he can trust you. Dumping him, getting jealous, and then trying to crawl back.

She didn't know why, but the idea of Yijung and Gaeul getting back together.... she didn't like it. She just didn't like it, full-stop. She didn't fully trust Gaeul's words, or her ability to understand Yijung.

She didn't even plan it. It was like some alien took control of her when she turned the corner and acted all surprised to see them. But she was a bit surprised... Yijung looked incredibly vulnerable right now... she yearned to take him in her arms and comfort him and that surprised her.

"You were here," she said brightly.

Gaeul didn't look too pleased at being interrupted and Yijung looked down at the floor.

"Did you see the babies?" asked Jessica, still in that fake bright tone. "They're adorable, aren't they? Say, Yijung, we're lucky we didn't get a baby from that night, but any baby of ours will be gorgeous."
Gaeul gasped. "W-what did you say?"
Jessica smiled innocently. "What is it? Oh, you didn't know that Yijung and I got together?"
Yijung gave a cry and covered Jessica's mouth with his hand but the damage had been done.

"I hate you." Gaeul's tone was icy cold, sending freezing bullets through Yijung. "You lied. You slept with her when I wasnt around? Oh, very well done. I can trust you fully now." She turned her back on them but paused to say, "Don't contact me again. We're really over this time, So."
When she was gone, Yijung slid to the floor and buried his face in his hands.

Jessica bit her lip. Maybe she shouldn't have done this...

She placed a hand gently on his shoulder and said softly, "Hey..."
"Did you have to?Did you have to tell her that? We don't een know if something even happened that night between us!"
Her heart tightened. He sounded so.... well, broken. He looked up, and she felt evenmore heartbroken when she saw the tears in his eyes. The smooth, cocky, happy-go-lucky Yijung was just an act. An act to hide the scared and vulnerable person inside. He had never shown this side of him to anyone before... it made him almost angry that Jessica was seeing this, that she had caused it.

She reached out her hand to touch him, but he drew back and she let her hand fall.

"Yijung," she said softly. "I never wanted to hurt you... believe me, I didn't mean to hurt you..."
He didn't look at her, and she could almost hear him say silently, But you did.

"Gaeul wasn't the one for you," she said.

He just shook his head wordlessly, over and over.

And Jessica just stood there, reapeating, "I'm sorry," over and over.

.........

 

Jihoo rubbed his neck warily. It had been so tough these last three days with all the continuous duties, surgeries and Jaekyung's condition, it exhausted him mentally and physically. He had not even gone home yet. And the chauffer had to bring his spare clothes. It was also hard for Eunhye, but she went home few hours ago.

He decided to take a nap in the spare room inside his office. He would go home the next morning. Besides he had a day off and staying at the huge empty condo was not appealing at all. The room here was small and personal and looked like a tiny bedroom. Highly convenient for him at times like these. He entered his cabin and found that the door of the tiny room was open. He frowned as only he, the janitor and Eunhye had the key to unlock it. It was cleaned in the morning, then who would....

 At the very instant Eunhye's head popped out behind the door," Oh! You're back! Get in fas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter