The Anticipation

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaekyung put on his t-shirt and sighed in contentment. She had formed the habit to sleep in Junpyo’s t-shirt after ‘that’ night. She still found it hilarious; she had to pacify him like a child. Junpyo sulked so much that he did not talk to her though he did send a message, reminding her to have her meds on time. So she just sat beside him, held his hand and pouted. He tried - very hard - to ignore her but could not.

Stupid Junpyo! But she would not admit that she missed his continuous bickering, his calls from work, enthusiasm about the nursery, the stolen glances, light touches….Ugghhhh!!! Pregnancy Hormones!!

They were at Woobin’s place to celebrate the new “addition” to the family. The invitation was to dine and stay overnight so they brought few of their stuff so they could change into. Like a slumber party for both the girls and boys. It was a really comfortable affair overall.

Jaekyung looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes set on her 7 and half months old bump. She lifted up the shirt and slowly rubbed the anti-stretch mark oil into her skin. No such marks or itchiness, thanks to Jandi’s gift and her own genes. It was huge as there were twins though it was said the size and shape differed from one mother to another.

She could feel some small movements. One of them must be asleep.

"You must be bored, baby? Please do not disturb your brother or sister....ok?" She couldn’t wait to hold them in her arms. She might have to wait only a month for the most anticipated date of her life, till now. She was still standing there when suddenly her eyes fell on the figure by the door.

Junpyo was disappointed when he got to know about his imaginary one night stand. And he was baffled by this dismay. He should have been relieved. Though he should not have talked about his private life like that in front of his friends, he planned to not talk to Jaekyung to figure out why he was so low. But when she sat close to him, held his hand and pouted, he just couldn't. He had read in many books that a man feels extreme empathy and attraction towards his pregnant partner, so he would get the remedy to his confusion only after the birth. May be it was the hormonal imbalance that occurs in men.  He changed ito his sleepwear in another guestroom and looked for Jaekyung. Being used to Woobin's home he easily found where she was freshening up. He opened the door and a view welcomed him. 

Jaekyung was standing there in his over-sized t-shirt, her mid-section uncovered. She was rubbing oil and talking to the babies, smiling. There was something so breathtaking and divine about the whole scene that prevailed infront of him. He could stay engulfed by this view his entire life. His daze was interrupted when she turned her head.

Jaekyung saw him standing there with a dreamy expression. She tilted her head.

"Jun? Jun!"

He cleared his voice to regain some compsure."Well...umm...I-I came to see if you were done. They are waiting for you in the lo-lounge."

"Oh, okay... Jun come here!!" She quickly beckoned him to get closer.

Junpyo strolled towards her. She grabbed his hand and put it on her bump. She grinned," The babies know you are here."

Junpyo's face brightened. It was true that their babies could recognize his voice for the past few months. He was pleasantly surprised when he first learnt that.

"Babies...." They immediately kicked, making the parents' smile broader,"Do you know where we are? We are at your Bin uncle's and Krissie aunty's home. Very soon you'll be able to see how nice it is." They kicked harder and made their mother wince.

"Please be careful. I know you are excited but please be a little gentle.... it gets hard for mommy" He murmured. They received a soft movement making them chuckle.

It had been innumerable times he touched her bump but never it was bared. His voice trailed off as he suddenly became more aware of her. He looked at her face; her sparkling eyes, her full lips, the delicate cheekbones and her creamy skin framed by thick black hair. Unthinkingly, he tucked a strand behind her ear. 
The skin of her stomach was so smooth and milky… wait, since when had he noticed things like skin before? Quite some times now. And her eyes just sparkled… he stood and stared, transfixed...

He moved his thumb in small circles over her skin in a gentle caress, feeling it's softness and the firm, taut bulge. He unconsciously leaned closer to her, smelling that sweet scent he had come to associate with her.
“You have...” he said softly. “Really nice skin…. It's so smooth and-”

"Sorry!! Sorry!! We came to see if all was okay. You were taking time so...."  Their heads jerked toward the open door where the girls were standing. Jessica was smirking and Jandi looked awkward.

He shut up and removed his hand as though he'd been burned, and pulled her shirt back down.
“What is it?” Jaekyung asked – why this sudden weirdness....

"We were waiting for you two. So just thought to check. Don't worry. TAKE YOUR TIIIMEEE...." Jessica winked and nudged Jandi out, leaving the two ignorant love birds there.

"So....umm....shall we leave?" Jaekyung cleard .

-"Huh?!... Oh yes...." They walked towards the lounge.

Should have kept the door closed.

"Did you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter