Eunji x Sungkyu

OURS (ON HOLD)

After that sudden confession Howon and I had through, none of us contact each other. 

 

Just like that our friendship was shaken. The friendship that I have been saving since the two of them got together. The friendship that I have been saving by hiding my pain and just go through it by myself. 

 

Now, I don't know how would I face him when the break is over. 

 

Will we able gonna save this friendship?

 

I hope so.

 

The next morning I woke up early and prepared my things. I am gonna stay long at the orphanage, until December ends maybe? Since my parents and my little brother are in vacation overseas. I want to be with them but I don't want to be enrogated by my parents. I am so sure all they would ask is Howon Howon Howon. 

 

The town is 5 hours away from my place. I took a train cos it's much comfortable than bus.

 

Finally, I arrived. 

 

"Eonniiiiiii!" As soon the kids saw me they run to me for a warm hug. 

 

"We miss you!" I just laughed cos it's so amazing that they're all synchronized by saying that.

 

"Eonni misses you too, kids!" I said back. 

 

"But where is Howon oppa?" One of them asked. 

 

"Ah. Oppa has something important to do so he can't join us this time." 

 

"So, no more 'Story Telling Duo' every night?" The little kid asked pouting.

 

"There is! But to make a difference it will be a 'Story Telling by Eunji Eonni'~" 

 

"Yeeeey!" They all shout in chorus. 

 

"Okay, kids, let Eunji Eonni rest for a second." Ahjumma said to the kids. 

 

Good kids, they all listened to Ahjumma and went inside the house.

 

"You want some coffee?" She asked me.

 

"Yes, Ahjumma."

 

By the way, her name is not just Ahjumma. She has a pretty name, Narae. I just prefer calling her Ahjumma cos I used to it.

 

"I have a good news." She said then place the coffee in the table in front of us."I didn't expect it to happen but many has volunteered to help the orphanage this winter. Many has also donated foods, toys and money." I can see her face so enlightened. 

 

This is such a blessing!

 

"So nice to hear that! I hope it will continue!" 

 

Then she laughed. "The reason why this happened is because the son of the founder of this orphanage has forced to help."

 

I was shook. It's the first time I heard Mr.Kim has a son. 

 

"He has a son?" I asked with bulged eyes.

 

"I always wanted to tell you but secret is a secret." She laughed again. "Yes. ,Mr.Kim has a son. I only saw him once, and that was years ago. He's 18 by that time I guess?"

 

"Daebak! I thought he doesn't have a son at all that's why he build this orphanage for kids. Treating them as his own child." 

 

"That's what I thought too the first time I heard he has a son."

 

"If he was forced here to help... then maybe he is a stubborn or a rebel son?" I asked out of curiosity.

 

"I don't know. Mr. Kim has never talked about him." 

 

I wonder how does he look like cos Mr. Kim is so handsome! Maybe his son, too? Haha! But all I hope is he's good and kind just like his father. So we can get along and all works here could be done easier and much comfortable.

 

And I make sure there is no special treatment. It's gonna be fair.

 

"For now this is your room. Tomorrow or next, you're gonna have a roommate." Ahjumma brings me to the room, a different room this time because it was not the same room I had the past years I've been here.

 

"No problem." I said smiling.

 

I arranged all my things and chose the bed near the window. I like staring at the stars every night and waiting for some falling stars which I have never seen in my whole life. And in the morning, I love it when the first one I see is the sky that's why I always leave my curtain open.

 

The next morning, I get up so early regretting I didn't do any for the kids yesterday. I slept too early and never managed to get up again. I need to do my best and do a lot for the kids today.

 

I went to the kitchen and offer myself to help for the breakfast. Glad they allowed me.

 

"Good morning, lovely kids! Today, we're gonna have a special breakfast prepared by our Eonni Eunji." Said Ahjumma then the kids cheered.

 

"I just helped though but I hope you like it!"

 

"Yeeey!" They cheered.

 

So, we all ate our breakfast. And by the way, the orphanage has 30 kids in total. Ages are from 3-7. They are the kids rescued in the street, others were kids whose parents are all gone. The orphanage has total of 10 helpers including my fave Ahjumma. This is just a small orphanage built by Mr. Kim. 

 

I salute Mr. Kim, last year this orphanage has almost met its breakdown but Mr. Kim managed to lift it up again. And though there are not much sponsors anymore, still it's running so well. 

 

Later on, finally, Mr. Kim arrived together with an unfamiliar faces. I assumed one of them is his son.

 

"Mr. Kim!" All the helpers greeted him, so as the kids. They all look happy seeing Mr. Kim.

 

"Hello kids!" He greeted back.

 

He then signaled all the helpers to have a private talk. So I was left at the dining area with the kids and ugh, with the unfamiliar faces.

 

"Would you like to join us?" I offered them to eat with us but they just shook their heads saying 'no thanks'. "How about drinks? Coffee, tea or juice?"

 

"Can I ask some water?" Asked the man with cute squinty eyes. Okay, none of the choices I gave.

 

"Wait a second." I was about to get him some water but then I asked again the other man with him. "What about you?"

 

"Coffee." He smiled.

 

So I got them what they need and when I get back Mr. Kim and the helpers has also got back.

 

"Sungkyu-yah. You behave." Mr. Kim ordered to the squinty eye man.

 

So he's his son.

 

"Am I a dog?" He said back looking irritated. Mr. Kim just laughed, even the man who asked for a coffee.

 

"Sungkyu-yah..." The coffee man put his left hand to Sungkyu's shoulder, "behave." He copied what Mr. Kim said then let out a laugh. 

 

"Yah." Said Sungkyu looking more irritated.

 

"But seriously, I hope you do well. We hope to see again the Sungkyu we know, after this." The coffee man continued. 

 

Woah, how intriguing.

 

Mr. Kim and the coffee man bids their goodbye but before that, the coffee man walked towards me and took a sip of coffee saying, "It's a pity if I didn't get to taste the coffee you made." 

 

Then they're gone. 

 

"It's from a ready made coffee pack, though." I murmured to myself but this Sungkyu guy heard me and laughed.

 

"If Woohyun just heard what you said he'll be dead from embarrassment." He laughed again. "Ah. By the way, I am Mr. Kim's son, Sungkyu. Kim Sungkyu." He offered his hand for a handshake.

 

He seems nice though. Now I am really curious of why he was forced to be here. Even more curious when I heard the coffee man say they want to see again the Sungkyu they know.

 

Aigoo. Whatever.

 

I reached for his hand, "I'm Eunji, Jeong Eunji."

 

------

 

AAAH I planned to update everyday until I reach December 25 and update a Christmas special chapter but my internet connection wasn't cooperative, it got cut and just came back to day T__T Anyways, Merry Christmas guys! I hope you had a great Christmas! ^_^ And to those who don't celebrate, I hope you had a great day! ^_^