iii.

the ups and downs (of being an idol couple)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

iii. in which donghae tries to fulfill dara's wish and it backfires

 

donghae's been thinking about it for days now. his head's starting to ache as he mulls over it every minute of the day.

what is it? oh, just something his girlfriend of three months and seven days (yes, he's counting. he's that whipped) said in passing.

the man sighs again as he remembers her exact words.

 

"i wish we could have a normal date." dara once told him during a rare day that both of them had free time to send with each other.

donghae immediately stills at her words. "a normal date?" he still asks her to elaborate even though he knows what she means.

she shakes her head, wistful. "you know, the cliche dates that couples do, couples that aren't celebrities. i wanna go on those kinds of dates too."

he feels a lump on his throat at that. he knows he shouldn't feel guilty because it's not his fault that they were famous people, but he still did.

"i wish we could too, baby.  but you know how it is." donghae softly responds, as if afraid that dara would cry or something.

dara laughs a little. "i know, hae. it's just wishful thinking. it's not like i expect that we'd be able to do that.", she says to reassure him but her words did the opposite.

 

now donghae's here in his hotel room a week after that, in another country for their world tour. he's agonizing over it because they'll be back in korea after two weeks.

and he wants to fulfill her wish when he comes back, feeling like he was an inadequate boyfriend who has to make it up to his girlfriend.

a few more hours of pondering, and he decides that he'll do it. he'll take dara to a nice restaurant in seoul. he figures it won't be that bad. maybe.

he justifies that they were able to be out in public before unscathed, well not entirely but it'll do. he has to do this for dara. anything for her. he thinks.

 

two weeks later, super junior comes back t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter