Day 5 - Red-Nosed

Write A Day Challenge - December

    It was Christmas Eve and I was out with some friends. We were driving around, throwing snowballs at people's houses, just for the hell of it. I wasn’t participating much, I was more just watching my friends have fun. If you can even call them friends, they’re more just people I met at the bar and wanted me to come out with them. I agreed only because I had nothing else to do but now I regretted every minute of it.

    “Hey, let’s go kick in people's snowmen!” One of them suggested.

    “I need to get home.” I said making them all look at me.

    “Party pooper.” Another replied.

    I shrugged, “Maybe I am.”

    “Fine, I’ll take Mr. Lame- home and then we’ll go smash snowmen!” The driver suggested.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    I got out of the car and looked up at the second floor of the apartments. I noticed someone standing at my door and I raised an eyebrow. Heading up the stairs, I got closer and closer to the person who had their arm raised and was knocking on my empty apartment door.

    “Excuse me?”

    The person turned around, “H-Hello! Do you live here?”

    I nodded in confusion, “Yeah, I do. Who are you?”

    He bowed slightly, “My name is Lee Sungmin and I’m looking for a place to stay for the night.

    I blinked a few times, “O-Okay. I don’t have a spare room but I guess you could sleep on the couch?”

    Sungmin nodded, “Oh yeah, that would be nice!” I unlocked my door as he continued talking, “You’re the first nice person to me! Everyone else likes to bully me.”

    I opened the door and we entered, “Why’s that?”

    I the light and looked at the boy and noticed his face was pale white while his nose was a deep shade of red. He blushed and his cheeks turned red as well.

    “M-My nose.”

    “Your nose?”

    He nodded sadly, “Can’t you see how red it is?”

    “I thought that was just from the cold?”

    Sungmin shook his head, “No. I-It’s always like this and people don’t like me for it.”

    I scratched the back of my neck nervously, “Well… I think it’s… Wonderful.”

    “You do?” He asked looking up at me. Upon seeing the look of confusion on my face, he looked away, “No you don’t. It’s terrible and it’s different from everyone else’s.”

    “Well, that’s what makes it special, right?”

    Sungmin looked up at me again and suddenly wrapped his arms around me, “You are so nice!”

    “T-Thanks.”

    “Oh, you never told me your name.” Sungmin smiled.

    “Kyuhyun.” I said sticking my hands in my pockets, “Cho Kyuhyun.”

    “Well I hope we can be friends! I mean, if that’s what you want…”

    “I guess.”

    Sungmin smiled at me, “I promise I won’t be a bother tonight. Thank you for letting me stay with you.”

    I nodded in response. I watched as Sungmin bounced off to my couch and the TV. I took my coat off and hung it on the rack when Sungmin caught my attention.

    “Oh! Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is on!”

    I rolled my eyes, “It’s just a dumb childrens cartoon.”

    “But we both have something in common. That’s why it’s my favorite Christmas movie.

    I watched him as he stared at the screen happily. He looked like a happy puppy wagging it’s tail at a thousand miles an hour. I smiled and crossed my arms then thought before speaking again.

    “Would you like some hot chocolate?”

    Sungmin looked up at me and noticed my smile. He blushed and his cheeks became as red as his nose, “Y-Yes please.”

    I headed into the kitchen and began boiling the water all the while watching the male on my couch. He seemed content with the show he was watching and I smiled. I didn’t notice that the water started to boil over the pot until I heard it and turned around. I went to reach for the handle but touched the boiling hot pot instead.

    “Ouch! !”

    Sungmin noticed something was wrong and came running into the kitchen, “Are you okay?”

    I held the wrist of my hurt hand and stared at the burn, gritting my teeth to how much pain I was in. I tried not to yell other profanities, no matter how much I wanted to.

    Sungmin noticed my pain and took over. He grabbed my wrist and brought me over to the sink. He helped me hold my burnt hand under the sink and I looked down at him. He stared intently at the water running on my hand while I stared at him with bliss. As someone’s never been this kind to him, no one’s ever been this kind to me.

    Sungmin looked up at me and was about to say something until he noticed I had been staring at him, “I-Is something wrong?”

    My heart warmed up to him, “N-No it’s just…” I looked at my hand and pulled it out from under the water, examining it, “M-My hand… I-It’s as red as your nose.”

    Sungmin looked from my hand, back up to capture my eyes in his, “Y-Yeah. I guess it is.”

    “I guess we have something in common too, huh?” I said.

    Sungmin blushed again, “Y-Yeah we do.”

    He helped my finish making the hot chocolate and we both sat down on the couch together to finish watching Rudolph. By the end of the movie I went to say something to Sungmin, but when I looked at him, I noticed he had passed out. I smiled at the sleeping boy on my couch and reached my arm out to touch him. Before I could brush my hand against his face, he shifted and moved closer to me, laying his head against my shoulder.

    I smiled down at him and moved the hair from his face. Leaning my face down, I lightly kissed his cute red nose, “Good night, Sungmin.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Thankyu to all my commenters, readers, subscribers, and voters!

Have a Kyumin-tastic day!(: