Chapter 08

Years of eternity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chen POV.

“I want one orange carrot juice.” I said and glanced over at the menu again. What would Jihye like?

“Do you want something else, sir?” The girl behind the desk asked me as she reached for a

plastic cup that she gave to the girl behind her.

“Yes, I’ll take one tropical juice as well.”

“Nothing else?”

“No, it’s fine.”

“Then it’ll be 10,293 won.”

 

I handed over the money and received two juices back in a cardboard so that I was able to head back to Jihye with my bag in the other hand. As I walked away from the juice bar I looked around but I couldn't see her. Maybe she found a bench to wait on. I walked around the area before I placed the cardboard on a bench and picked up my phone. I entered the numbers and called her. After three signals I got through.

 

“Jihye?”

“I’m sorry Chen.”

“Where are you?”

“I got lost.” She got lost? Why didn’t she stay in the first place? She was breathing heavily on the other side and I sighed.

“Okay stay there and I’ll find you.” I put down my bag between my legs and looked around.

“Are there any shops around you? Anything that I could look for?”

“I see a big ticket stand not too far away from me. But there’s too many people around.”

“Care standing up?”

“Okay” Then her voice died out. About a minute later I could hear her breathing on the other side of the phone. “I see a train just entering the station.”

“Just now?"

“Yeah.”

“I’ve gotta end this phone call but I call you if I can’t find you.”

“Okay.”

As I put down my phone in my pocket I went back to look at the big screen. Two trains arrived just a moment ago and I grabbed my bag tighter and started to make my way through the mass of people. I headed over to platform 8 first and had to excuse myself to a lot of people but I couldn’t see her. So I went to platform 3 where the second train had arrived and saw her sitting alone on a bench with her head faced down onto her knees. She had her luggage between her legs and she looked totally lost.

 

“I don’t understand why you couldn’t wait for me on the place where we decided to meet in the first place.” I walked over to her and met her teary face when she looked up and met my gaze.

“Oh god!” She breathed out heavily, stood up and gave me a brief hug. “I’m really sorry.”

I handed over the tropical juice and shook my head. “Everything is fine now. Well then, I’m sorry but I seemed to have spilled out most of the juice. That wasn’t my intention at all.”

“I’m sorry.” She sat down on the bench again. “It’s my fault but thanks.” She took the cup between her hands and took a sip. “You always comes and saves me.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter