Chapter 01

Years of eternity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1: My role model

 

 

 

 

To watch him skate was like watching a masterpiece to be made. His steps were so gracious and he moved so beautifully on the ice. He made it seem so easy to move around as he was two years older than me. I had just turned 22. People expected him to win the grand prix final as he was already famous and had his own fan-clubs. I have never tried skating in my whole life - but sometimes I practiced in my room moving around dragging my socks on the floor. I was too scared to go to a skating rink where other people could watch and laugh at me but mostly I didn’t know anyone that could help me learn how to skate.

 

I studied photographing in college as I aimed for becoming a journalist in the future. I loved to write and knew the job as a journalist would suit me well. My best friend Jongdae whom I mostly called Chen, was already working part-time as a dance teacher for kids as well as studying economy in college. I would never put myself in his shoes. Firstly, I’m not a good dancer and secondly economy is way too hard for someone like me with average grades from high school.

 

I was sitting in my room watching Jongin's performance over and over again. I held my breath when he landed his salchow jump perfectly. Then his toe loop and so he finished off with an axel jump. My eyes were teary already and I wiped them with the end of my shirt. If someone would’ve asked me who my role model was, then my answer would always be Kim Jongin.

 

I heard three knocks on my door before it flung open. Chen stood in the hallway with his shirt half-open and his hands full of plastic bags. He took off his shoes and put them outside the door before he turned to me, smiling. “You know. It would be great if you could stop watching him skate and turn your focus towards me instead.” He walked over to my desk-area and sat down at the chair placing the plastic bags between his legs. “Look what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter