kissing

happy days

Up there on the sky, the moon hung with its warm glow, its light shy compared to the sun. The beach was empty, because certainly no tourist would ever venture to such place at the middle of the night to just admire the moon reflecting in the sea. Youngjae and Daehyun were sitting by the steps to the beach, their bare feet playing with the warm sand and eyes glaring of the sleepy waves flooding the shore.

The wisps of smoke were coiling in the stale air, choking the musty oxygen that struggled to survive. Flicking the end, burnt ashes fell onto the sand. Then again, Daehyun brought the cigarette to his lips and Youngjae’s eyes morphed into a cold stare.

“What?”

“How can you let the tobacco destroy your lungs with no hesitate?” he asked. Daehyun could see slight of disgust on his face.

His answer was a simple shrug and puffs of smoke escaping from his bloodless lips.

“Do you want to play grown ups or what?”

“Do you want to fight over stupid nicotine sticks or what?”

As Youngjae took the spot next to Daehyun, arms touching and his slim legs crossed, he snorted quietly, letting himself relax and then he rested his head on Daehyun’s shoulder. “I’m just jealous, I guess.”

“Jealous?”

“Yeah,” he nodded.

Daehyun locked his eyes on cigarette and he flicked it once again, letting burnt ashes to get lost between sand.

“Why so?”

“Because you’re pressing your lips against cigarette when the only thing your lips should press are my lips. Not stupid lungs killers.”

He just glanced at Youngjae, light stripes of smoke in front of his face and his eyes were glowing behind it. Practically sparkling. Youngjae admitted that he was extremely jealous not about another boy but cigarettes. Because they could be pressed against lips of his boyfriend, the strong addict he would love to become.

They have never kissed before so he couldn’t be sure he would enjoy it, he must tell. But he couldn’t help but thinking about all that beautiful, kind of unreal trip they had here in Busan, and person sitting next to him he liked the most in the whole world. 

Then Daehyun just laughed.

“What’s that funny?”

“Sometimes you’re saying such weird words,” he said, a wide smile appearing on his face. “Other guys would just kiss the boy they want to kiss but you’re saying some poetic about cigarettes and don’t call things by their names.”

“It’s not that I want to kiss you” Youngjae murmured, turning his face away so Daehyun couldn’t see his red cheeks.

“Then what do you want?”

“Nothing.”

“As you want.” Daehyun pressed his cigarette against the wooden step and throw it God knows where, then he stood up and extended hand to Youngjae. He just raised an eyebrow. “Get your lazy up, I want to walk down the shore.”

A clean breeze was gently blowing from the sea, warm sand heating their foots and moonlight basking the whole beach in a beautiful silver glow. The two of them were walking slowly, admiring the view but not talking too much like the words weren’t worthy to be spoken right now.

They headed to the pier, an empty one, and sat at the end of it with legs hanging out to the sea. It was almost 2 in the morning but neither of them wanted to go to sleep.

Daehyun glanced to the moon on the sky, seemingly thinking before he looked back at Youngjae. “Do you know the Japanese myth about the Sun and the Moon?”

“No. What’s it about?”

“So Tsuki-Yomi was the Moon god and he had a sister, the Sun god, Amaterasu. One day Amaterasu sent her brother representative to the goddess of food, Uke Mochi. Uke Mochi offered him a food created from and nose. Tsuki-Yomi was so disgusted that he killed her. And when Amaterasu figured it out, she was so angry that she didn’t want to see him anymore. Since then, brother and sister lived apart, and that is why the day always follows the night.”

Youngjae looked up at the sky, and he could swear he could see that. A brother hopelessly following his sister, entwining but never joining. Maybe that’s why the Moon was so beautiful and sad at the same time when the Sun was glorying itself not letting to look at it for too long.

As he turned his head back to Daehyun, his hands moved to its own record, brushing his thumb over his pale cheek tenderly. “I would be the Moon if you would be the Sun.”

“Why?”

“Just to follow you all the time.” Simple answer and slight smile appearing on his lips.

“But we would never meet. I don’t want us to pass each other,” Daehyun pouted, the light of stars sparkling in his eyes.

“So you would be the star and I would be the Moon and we would share sky at the same time.”

“How would you know which star am I?” he teased with a small laugh.

Youngjae sighed a little and glanced towards sky for a second then he looked again and Daehyun. “Probably the smoking one. And I would be jealous that—,”

“Oh my God, just kiss me, Mr. Moon, or I will—,”

But Youngjae leaned towards him before he could finish his sentence, grabbing his neck and pressing his lips soft upon Daehyun’s. He did it without thinking, just his own lust speaking for him. Daehyun’s tongue played against Youngjae’s and slowly the fingers encircling his wrist ventured down to Youngjae’s tiny waist, gripping his tightly for dear life, as he would disappear if he wouldn’t.

And then, Youngjae felt Daehyun’s hands tremble across the small of his back, and he knew neither of them had a clue what they were doing. But they did it with such a fit of glory that none of that mattered anyway. It was just him and Daehyun, waves flooding the shore and silver moonlight gleaming on them.

Daehyun kissed him like his lips wanted to know all the places he’s been hurt so they could take it away. Youngjae tasted like sunshine kissed by the morning light and he was the darkness dancing with the stars carelessly. Their lips were erupting in the atmosphere, the absolute lightest darkness.

It was a moment when the Moon could kiss the Sun.

 

___________________

im having exams today so im going to kill myself right now, nice to have met you :-)