holding hands

happy days

“Daehyun. It’s a bad idea.”

“You can do it.”

“But I feel like collapse all of sudden.”

“Just inhale and exhale, Youngjae.”

As he stood against the brunette, Youngjae thought he was more nervous than he remembered being whenever in the past. Daehyun glanced at him and sighed, cupping his own cheeks and pouting. His eyes narrowed as he tossed a glare in Youngjae’s direction. The younger studied back, his own chocolate eyes darkening in complete concentration.

“I don’t think it’s necessary. Look at this crowd of people,” he added, the flush creeping into his face.

“Are you ashamed of doing it?”

“Of course not. It’s just… I don’t know. Are we a big thing? Does everyone need to know?”

Daehyun shot him a glance and frowned, “umm… Maybe you’re right. I forgot that my boyfriend is still a toddler.”

He wanted to pout and murmur that he was a grown man who was not ashamed of holding hands in public but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. The last person with who he hold hands was probably his mom when he was five or six years old. So yeah, maybe it wasn’t a big deal for everyone but for him it was something.

Parting his lips slightly, he grabbed Daehyun’s hand, their fingers locked and Youngjae’s breathe seemed to hitch all of sudden. “My face is going to burn up.”

“You act like a girl, Youngjae.”

They directed to the school gate, his face almost as red as the leather of his shoes. So that was this day. He and his first boyfriend, holding hands and being conspicuous for everyone on the way. Let me tell you he is eighteen not five but actions speak louder than numbers.

“Look, Youngjae. You’re still alive,” Daehyun said. That sounded little rude even for him, but Youngjae ‘hmmmed’ in agreement and flushed again, avoiding everyone’s glances like they were as dangerous as basilisk’s. But yeah, he was a grown man who wasn’t ashamed of such things like holding hands in public.

“Sorry. I’ll buy you chicken nuggets as a recompensation. We both know it’s better than bunch of flowers.”

“Chicken nuggets won’t fix every problem on the planet.”

“Of course they will. They ended second world war, you know.”

“Really?” Daehyun smirked looking at their locked fingers. The difference between their hands sizes was kind of funny. Actually, they had a lot of differences but Daehyun wouldn’t change a single thing. In his opinion, they could be the Sun and the Moon and that wouldn’t matter because in the end they would share the sky.

“To be honest, it’s pretty nice.”

“What? Chicken nuggets ending world wars?”

“No,” Youngjae shook his head quickly, “I’m talking about holding hands. It’s pretty nice if it’s your hand I’m holding.” When the words came out from his plump lips, he sighed and glazed at the morning sky.

“This is the most poetic sentence you have ever said and it’s not about food. I’m honestly impressed. ”

“Yah! Dae!”

He stick out his tongue at him and left his hand as he started running, the smile appearing on his face. Youngjae sighed heavily, murmuring something about choosing wrong person to confess but then he was just chasing his boyfriend trying not to lose his teeth.

 

_______________

I just needed a little bit of fluff in my life and I hope you did as well