three

7-Day Plan

The previous day didn’t end up with a sleepover like usual but today, Sana wasn’t going to let that happen. Seeing Tzuyu in her room never failed to make her smile and right now, the biggest grin was etched on her face as she worked on things that were due the next day. The room was quiet as they both did their own things.

Since Sana was at the table and Tzuyu on the bed, she had no idea that Sana was looking at her from afar. Tzuyu’s purple hair was splayed across her shoulders, pushed towards one side. A frown was evident on her face but that only made her look cuter as she corrected words on the paper. She looked up all of a sudden and Sana pretended to be really fascinated with the photo frame on the other side of Tzuyu’s head. The latter had to bite back a smile at the realisation that Sana was staring at her.

“Are you almost done?” Sana asked, breaking the silence in the room.

“Yeah, just doing the last paragraph. Why?” Tzuyu asked.

“Let’s go somewhere new.” Sana said excitedly.

“What do you mean by new?” Tzuyu asked cautiously.

“Oh, come on. Sometimes you have to be spontaneous.” Sana jumped up, pulling Tzuyu off the bed. Tzuyu raised an eyebrow at her but nonetheless let Sana drag her out of the house. They sat in Sana’s car as she opened its roof and drove off.

As much as Tzuyu tried to forget whatever happened the day before, it was extremely hard. The tension in the car was nothing different from the day before and she found herself letting her legs lie on the dashboard, making Sana chuckle. She unconsciously touched her neck again, still feeling Sana’s lingering touch and a shiver ran through her spine at the memory.

Sana glanced at Tzuyu and her heart almost stopped; she’ll just say that she’s glad for the wind because Tzuyu was looking so beautiful right now, it was hard to look away. She wanted to scream at herself for not realising how much she should’ve appreciated Tzuyu before. Why couldn’t she have basked in their friendship before she screwed things up?

They had both had their share of moments with the rest of the group. They’d fought with the others, had fun, pulled pranks. They were basically all a family. She was broken apart but the group helped her stay together. They helped each other out when they needed to. Her real family might be in Japan but no one had ever made her feel so loved as much as their group of friends.

Through everything, she was given a gift that came in the form of Tzuyu – someone who she should’ve treated with all the love in the world. She was someone who was willing to love her and her faults. She was someone who knew her better than anyone else in her life. Sana could only blame herself for the mistakes that she’d committed. Yet here she was, being forgiven by the person she didn’t deserve at all, spending all the time she could with her.

The two of them didn’t say anything as Sana continued driving, letting the radio station drown out the silence between them. She drove with one hand, the other in pushing her hair back from her face. She could sense Tzuyu was looking at her but she continued staring at the front, not letting it affect her. Tzuyu couldn’t help but admire Sana’s side profile; the way sun made her cheeks glow or the way her hand in her hair made her look so incredibly y. She gulped at her own thoughts and looked the other way, feeling like staring at Sana was beginning to become a sin.

Sana changed the route to a gravel road and the bumpy ride made them both chuckle. It was a lot smoother as they reached the end and she parked the car carelessly, not giving a damn about the faded lines. Tzuyu took her time to observe their surroundings, appreciating that the peaceful environment that was hard to come by in their busy suburb. She walked alongside Sana, unaware of where they were going but willingly following anyway.

The two of them had reached a little bench on a hill that showed the entire town with ease. Tzuyu was so caught up in the majestic view that she hadn’t realised that Sana had brought blankets and coffee for the two of them. Being the clumsy person Sana is, she pretended to trip on a loose rock, sending her tumbling to the grassy downhill slope.

Tzuyu had caught her in time and they were currently wrapped in a pile of leaves, laughing hysterically at their situation. Sana looked up Tzuyu who was gazing right back at her with the gentlest eyes she’d ever seen. Her sneaky smile said something else though and for a moment, Sana was afraid that she had something up her sleeve. She read Tzuyu like a book; the younger girl had decided to attack  Sana with her fingers, tickling her till she was left breathless. Their shoulders collided and they both blushed, Sana holding on to Tzuyu’s hands to prevent her from striking again.

Sana pulled Tzuyu up, almost falling down again with the pressure. They made their way back to the blanket she had laid by the bench, lying down on their backs as they stared at the sky. It was just the two of them and it was absolutely perfect. For once, there was nothing to disturb them or affect them. They were both in the same world yet in a different one from everyone else.

Sana moved her gaze to Tzuyu, who was still covered in some of the leaves from their tumble. She pulled them out and Tzuyu turned her gaze to Sana, observing her with no embarrassment or hint of shyness. As the two locked eyes, Sana unconsciously her lips, driving Tzuyu insane. She flashed Tzuyu one of her heart stopping smile that had only ever graced her lips when Tzuyu was around.

The two of them talked endlessly, drinking the coffee and sharing stories, reminiscing about how times have changed from when they were younger. It was only when Sana stared up at the sky once again that she realised they’d been out for hours already to the point where the stars were evident in the night sky. She internally cursed at her memory, forgetting to get an extra blanket or some jackets for the two of them.

She took the chance to scoot closer to Tzuyu, letting her sit between her legs. Without realising, Tzuyu automatically leaned back into Sana’s embrace, taking in the warmth with much appreciation. Sana’s chin was on her shoulder and for a second, she thought that Tzuyu would dislike the contact. Much to Sana’s pleasure, Tzuyu snuggled deeper into the warmth, making Sana smile.

Tzuyu’s own thoughts travelled away as she noticed Sana’s hands in front of her. She wanted to interlink their fingers, she wanted to draw patterns on Sana’s skin. It wasn’t helping that Sana was so close to her, her lips on the edge of Tzuyu’s ear. Sana was talking yet Tzuyu wasn’t paying attention. Her own thoughts were scrambled as she imagined what it would be like to have Sana as hers. She was imagining the feel of Sana’s hands on her skin, holding on to her only.

“Tzu?” Sana called out, breaking Tzuyu out of her sinful thoughts.

“Hmm? I got carried away in the view for a moment.” Tzuyu said cheekily, glad Sana couldn’t see her because she was blushing beetroot. Deciding to change the topic, Tzuyu asked, “How did you find this place anyway?”

“Ah, when you weren’t here, I usually drove my car around to find a place where I could just let out my thoughts. I drove and drove and drove and now I have a few places that I go to when I’m frustrated and angry.” Sana answered, sounding sullen already.

Tzuyu didn’t say anything but suddenly stood up, confusing Sana. The warmth that they shared was now gone and Sana was shivering as a result. Tzuyu lent Sana her hand, pulling her up and trying to maintain her footing as she used a little too much force. The two chuckled and looked at each other, realising they were a lot closer than expected.

Sana’s eyes glanced from Tzuyu’s doe eyes to her lips and Tzuyu was doing the same. She her lips again, a frequent habit that seemed to be formed from Tzuyu's proximity. Sana inched closer to Tzuyu, words not leaving in the tense atmosphere that existed between them. Tzuyu inhaled sharply as Sana moved closer, she herself moved forward on her own accord and the two of them suddenly had no space between them.

Tzuyu hadn’t realised she had a grip on Sana’s arm, probably from their loose footing a few moments ago. Sana didn’t know what came over her but her other hand had found her way to the back of Tzuyu’s neck, tracing patterns softly. Tzuyu sighed at the feeling of bliss from Sana’s touch that seemed to quicken her heart beat to a large extent. Sana was finding it hard to breathe as she watched Tzuyu’s eyes flutter close.

Their noses were touching and a shiver ran through both of their spines at the heart hammering contact. The proximity was driving Tzuyu insane and the fact that Sana was still gently drawing patterns on her neck wasn’t helping. The butterflies seemed to have decided to take permanent residence in her stomach and all she wanted right now was for them to disappear. Their lips were almost touching and Tzuyu wanted to close the distance between them almost immediately. She really couldn’t handle the slow process that was going on right now.

Before she could capture Sana’s lips with her own, a shrill tone broke them apart and Tzuyu realised it was her phone. She inwardly cursed at the timing as she blushed at what could’ve happened moments ago. Sana had moved away, preferably giving Tzuyu some space to answer her phone. She was glad for the darkness of the night because she was also blushing so hard right now.

“Hello?!” Tzuyu harshly spoke on the phone. Her voice softened when she realised it was Elkie – asking where she was. “It’s fine, I’m sorry about that.”

Sana looked at Tzuyu confusedly as she scratched her head, walking towards her. “That was Elkie. She was just checking where I was because I usually tell her if I sleep over at your house.” Tzuyu mumbled.

She mumbled under her breath about the unfortunate timing but nevertheless smiled, suggesting they leave anyway. It was quite late and they both had work the next day.

"Thank you, for today." Tzuyu whispered, earning a toothy grin from Sana.

Needless to say, Sana had gone another day without Tzuyu sleeping over her house.


A/N: I'm super thankful for all your lovely comments!
I'm glad you guys are liking this story a lot.
Hope you enjoy this chapter as well!
Sorry for any typos

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious author