1/2 Dance with me

agrodolce - mihyun oneshot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina was not the type of girl that liked standing out in class, although she has never failed to NOT be noticed thanks to her good looks, she never put an effort to get to know people, her two japanese friends in the upper class were enough and the girl never felt the need to talk to other people.

She was part of a club though, the place where she actually met her friends, the dance club.

After class the usual routine was going to the club room, eat and practice until the school had to close. Pretty common, pretty simple and pretty boring, Mina thought, but that's what she liked, simple to the point of being not annoying to do everyday. But, everything started to go in crisis when the new elected student president of the school made new rules regarding the clubs, and this affected the dance club as well.

" Why does it have to be five members!? The rule said that three members were enough to make a club, it has been like these for years! Even when my sister was still in this school! " Momo went to complain to the president while Mina and Sana were quietly standing behind her.

The school president, Jihyo, shifted closer to her desk, putting her two hands together as she rested her chin in them. " I'm very sorry, but the school does not have the funds to support minor school clubs like yours, taking up that big classroom for your club activities when other clubs that need them the most, that have more members, that actually partecipate in competionts must have priorities. I'm not saying to disband your club and that we will kick you out, just find 2 more members and that's it, maybe we'll give you a smaller room but we could provide you one with a mirror... so, smaller, but with a mirror. "

Momo got taken aback, one thing that the dance club always needed but never had was this so called mirror, up until now they have always used their reflection on the windows but it was pretty hard to make something decent with that.

" Do we have a deadline? " Sana came forward and asked.

" The end of the week. " Jihyo firmly said.

" WHAT?! That's crazy! You said you wouldn't make us disband immediately! These are 3 days we're talking about! " Momo slammed her hands on Jihyo's desk.

" Calm down Hirai, if I wanted to make you disband immediately I would've done right here right now. 3 days is plenty, there are a lot of students out there that are not in any club, I'm sure you can get two to join yours. " 

" ...fine. But promise me that you will give us that mirror. " Momo looks at the younger president seriously.

" I promise. " Jihyo nods.

The three leave the student council and go into their club room. It was time to discuss what do to.

" You two should just go around the school and ask. " Mina says with a sigh as she sits on the sofa, the only precious thing their spacious clubroom has.

" What about you? " Sana quirks and eyebrow at the younger.

" I'm not exactly the friendly type you know. " Mina smiles and the older two look at each other nodding, Mina wasn't indeed the best one for this job.

" Fine, but I don't want you to sit around so come with me. You don't have to say anything just use your beauty. " Sana pulls her up.

" Let's go! " Sana points forward and exits the clubroom while holding the younger's hand.

It's not as easy as Jihyo made it seem, Sana is the friendliest person that Mina knows but that wasn't enough to make people join the club, everytime we (well, she) would get turned out politely. People weren't ready to commit their free time to a club, and to be honest if it wasn't that Momo completely enchanted Mina when she saw her dancing  to the point that she wanted to dance like that, Mina would've been in the 'go home club' too.

The first day ends unsuccesfull, but they didn't explore all the corners of the school yet so they still held on the hope of finding these two members.

The second day comes, this time Mina goes around with Momo, and is once again fascinated at how casual she is with the task.

" Want to join the dance club? " she says to a random student.

" Ah, no thank you. " she bows and leaves both Momo and Mina behind.

And this process repeats itself for an hours before eventually even Momo gets tired and needs a snack to regain her energy.

" I guess I should re-try those two girls. " Momo murmurs and Mina looks at the older curiously.

" Who? "

Momo turns around and looks up with her usual dazed look. " Yesterday there were actually two people that contemplated before saying no to me, I think I should re-try with them. "

" Good idea, maybe stubborness will be a solution. " Mina nods and the two are off.

Mina follows behind as Momo quietly walks into the 4th year classes hallway, she feels a bit out of place even if she's with Momo who is a 4th year heself and the people staring weren't helping.

" Yoo Jeongyeon. " Momo knocked into the 4-B classroom and a tall chic girl with short blonde hair that screamed girl crush came out of the classroom.

" Momo. " the so called Jeongyeon smiled " I already told you that I'm not joining. "

" C'mon please, why not? You don't seem to hate the idea. " Momo whines.

" I know but I'm already in the music club, sure the are not rules that I can only join one club but if I did join yours then you know that Im Nayeon would probably kill you. "

" Oh please give me a break, you two are always out on the weekends, c'mon do it your so loved roommate? " Momo used the kicked like a puppy face.

" Don't use the kicked like a puppy face, I'm serious Nayeon will kill me first and then she'd kill your in your sleep and after that she'd probably kill that girl behind you as well and anyone in that club. " Jeongyeon fakes shivering and then laughs with Momo.

" Ya! What kind of slander is going on in here? " a cute girl with shoulder lenght brunette hair came into the picture." Hirai Momo, you! should respect your sunbae! "  she pinches Momo's cheek much to her whining.

" Please let Jeongyeon join the dance club, we're going to close otherwise! "

" What? why? " Nayeon lets her cheek go.

" You wouldn't know cause your music club has lots of members, but basically now you must have 5 members to be a club. " Momo explains

" I don't mind if she joins you then, but it's her decision. " Nayeon looks at the taller girl who pouts a bit while thinking.

" Ok, I'll join! " Momo high-fives the tall girl. " By the way, nice to meet you, I'm Yoo Jeongyeon, 4th year. " the tall girls shifts her attention to Mina, who was silently standing behind all of them.

" Ah, it's my pleasure, Myoui Mina, 3rd year. " she bows.

" That bunny there is her girlfriend Im Nayeon, 5th year, when you're with Jeongyeon and you see her make sure to be at least 1m away from her otherwise you're dead meat. " Momo explains to Mina who just nods.

" Seriously stop giving people false opinions of me! " Nayeon yells and shoves Momo away. " Don't listen to her, sure I'm jealous when girls are all over her but you don't seem like that type. " Nayeon smiles at Mina who gives out a forced giggle.

" Well, give me your club request later, we're going for our next target! " Momo waves at Jeongyeon and grabs Mina by the wrist " One more to go! " 

Mina smiles " Yep! "

Momo points her fingers at girl quietly sitting in the field right in front of the track and field club. She has rather long wavy hair and well, there is no one in this school who doesn't know about her. Chou Tzuyu, 1st year she has been a hot topic for months in their school.

" Hi! " Momo approaches the younger girl " Remember me? "

Tzuyu nods slowly " Dance club girl. "

" That's right! Have you thought about it? "

" I'm sorry but I think you misunderstood me yesterday, sunbaenim, I'm not the one who was contemplating on joining a club. "

" Then who? " 

Suddenly a short girl came running towards Tzuyu, you could see how much she trained by how sweaty she looked, another famous person Mina thought. The girl was Son Chaeyoung, a 1st year herself, she's on her first year but already got the ace title for the relay sprinters in the track and field club, she's also in the art club, basically a prodigy.

" Her? " Momo says excited as she looks at the smaller girl.

" What about me? " Chaeyoung wipes her sweat with the towel around her shoulder and looks back and fort between Tzuyu, Momo and Mina.

" No, not her, her bestfriend. " Tzuyu shakes her head.

" Dahyun unnie? What abouth her? " Chaeyoung asks once again.

" Unnie wanted to join another club, and yesterday this sunbae approached me and I thought that the dance club would fit her, don't you think so too? " Tzuyu replies

Chaeyoung shrugs " I don't know, she may be my bestfriend but sometimes even I don't know what she wants. " she giggles and looks at Mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter