2/2 Dance with me

agrodolce - mihyun oneshot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon and Nayeon abruptly interruped the scene, and Mina didn't know if she felt relieved or if she wanted to kill them both with her own hands.

" Uh... did we interrupt something? " Nayeon, who was behind Jeongyeon suddenly peeks at the two who were silently staring at them.

" Not really. " Mina sits up leaving Dahyun behind as she made her way towards the mirror to practice again, but when she looked at the mirror she saw her giving a sad forced smile, it was the first time Mina saw that, and even though the two unnie didn't notice it Mina sure as hell did. That smile alone made her heart sting, should she just take Dahyun outside and talk about what just happened? This seeemed like the reasonable action but something was stopping Mina from doing it... fear? commitment? rejection? she didn't know.

Not long after Momo and Sana arrive, the choreo was coming along greatly even if they didn't have that much time together, sure Jeongyeon needed some work but her practices with Momo (and Nayeon) after club activities were making results.

As they were leaving the room, Dahyun pulled Mina by the shirt. " Unnie... "

And here it goes again, Mina suddenly felt fear, but it wasn't right, this feeling. She always felt jealous of people who interacted with Dahyun and seemed like she wanted to hog the younger all for herself, so why is that right now, when THE Kim Dahyun was kind of maybe confessing to her, all she could do was run?

" L-let's go! " Mina said hurriedly, running away from Dahyun.

" Wait! I... have to stay behind for the orchestra so I can't come with you today... well then. " the younger bows and heads towards the auditorium.

This was not it,  and as much as she doesn't like the idea of doing what she is about to do, she might have to ask someone for help.

" Sana unnie wait! " Mina runs as fast as she can when she sees Sana in the distance.

" Minari? " Sana turns around as she's about to enter the car.

" Can.... Can I talk to you? " Mina pants because damn she was already tired after practice, she was tired of her stupid self and now she even ran like her life depended on it.

" ...Sure? Come in. " Sana goes inside her car and Mina follow taking the passenger seat beside her.

The older starts driving, but Mina keeps panting and trying to formulate how she should say this to her.

" Is this about Dahyuncchin? " Sana smirks and Mina looks at her suprised " C'mon it's not like I don't notice how you two are all over each other, and how now you suddenly seem to hate me whenever I have any sort of skinship with her. "

" ... sorry about that. " Mina giggles

" Well? What's the problem? "

" She sort of confessed to me, but then we got interrupted. I should be super duper happy but a part of me is also really scared to face Dahyun now. "

" I always knew you were a weirdo, but actually the answer to this is pretty simple " Sana stops at the red light and looks at Mina through the front mirror " it's so simple that I won't tell you. You should figure it out by yourself. My only advice is to absolutely not avoid Dahyun cause that is going to hurt you both. "

Mina nods, they stay quiet all throughout the ride home. Once Mina gets home she slumps over her bed thinking. Was it it really that simple?  One thing Mina knew for sure is that she really liked that tofu, so why was she so scared of actually committing into a relationship? Because it was her first time? Because it was Dahyun? As said before, Dahyun was not your typical super pretty girl in the eyes of others, but her charms were enough to make her notice by a lot of people, be it girls or boys. 

" Excuses... I'm just running away. I don't want this to drag for long... " Mina thinks aloud and sighs, then she falls asleep, tomorrow is the day.

 

 

Mina was feeling anxious in class, usually she would see Dahyun in the morning cause either of them were waiting for the other by the school gate but today there was no trace of her, when she walked with Sana through the 2nd years hallway she peeked into her classroom but still, nowhere to be seen. She did not show up during the club activities too, Momo said that she texted her saying she had practice and when Mina got to the auditorium after the dance practice the girl wasn't there.

" I screwed up didn't I... " Mina exits the auditorium, and when she's just out of it the sound of a piano begins. She slowly walks inside once again, she didn't even need to question who it was, the girl had said she has been practicing this piece for such a long time, Eagles - Desperado.

Dahyun looks up as she plays and locks gazes with the older girl, she smiles with the corner of her lips, before continuing her piece, it wasn't the usual Dahyun smile where you thought ' how cute ', Mina could see a hint of sadness and fear in it, but the younger girl seemed so elegant and fragile that the older couldn't help but get dragged in even closer.

As she got even closer and she could feel every note of the piano through her whole body, Mina started to get goosebumps, so dry as she held in her breath. Her gaze locked to the beautiful figure playing the piano before her, breathtaking is the accurate word to describe Dahyun right now.

The piece finally ended, Mina was now on Dahyun's left side, the younger doesn't look up until Mina makes her look at her while softly pushing her chin up with her thumb.

" Where were you all day...? "

" Avoiding you, thinking... " the younger replies as the staring game began again. 

Mina hugged her head tight, so tight that she swears Dahyun could feel her heartbeat once again " I'm sorry about yesterday... "

Dahyun shakes her head " No, it's not your fault unnie... it was out of the blue. I'm the one who's sorry, I don't want to ruin our friendship. You can forget it all. "

" I can't forget it just like this you fool. "

" Please don't hate me, just staying by your side is enough, I won't ask you anything again. "

She breaks the hug and sees Dahyun tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter