04 afterthoughts

Waiting for our sunrise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04 afterthoughts

Irene stirred from her sleep, dry and her head sore.  This is always the point she would always scold herself for drinking too much.  Again.

She needed water.  Pronto.

She reached around for the drink bottle she usually placed on her bedside table but instead found herself ruffling someone’s hair. 

Soft short hair. A boy’s nest of hair. 

She opened an eye and was faced with blonde haired boy, who looked back at her sleepily, one eye still closed while the other squinted to look at her.  She then remembered she had gone back to Yoongi’s place.

“Morning,” she said, awkwardly retracting her hand.  Yoongi however took her hand and placed it back on his head.

“That felt nice,” he said groggily and moved in closer to her.  Irene was used to her one-night stands of guys disappearing out of bed in the mornings.  This was the first time someone wanted to snuggle up for longer.  It was strange and she wasn’t too sure how to react to it. 

“I think I should go,” she said, trying to get up while covering her own bare chest with Yoongi’s grey quilted blanket. 

“What’s wrong?”  He asked.  She was surprised by his hurt tone.  Like he was implying what he had done wrong to make her leave.

“Nothing, everything’s good.  But I really need to go now,”” Irene asked back, her back to him now.

“Can’t you stay?” he asked, his tone soft.  “Did I do something wrong?”

“No, you were great.  But that’s all we wanted from each other, isn’t it?” She said back.  Irene didn’t mean to be harsh but she knew if she didn’t spell things out and draw a line, she would hurt him later in the process.  Irene was not one to lead people on.

“I guess maybe for you that was the case.  But what if that wasn’t the case for me?”  Yoongi said, emphasizing the word “you” and “me”, his eyes now suddenly fully focused on her.

Irene turned back to look at Yoongi, slightly dumbstruck.  How could someone drop all their defences like that?  How could he do that for someone he barely knew?  Irene concluded he must be a playboy and this was probably how he wooed every girl he had in bed. 

Irene didn’t answer, Yoongi had already gotten out of his bed and grabbed a clean white towel from his closet and passed it to her.  He had only his boxers on and Irene noticed how pale and skinny he was.  It was strange because she had remembered last night, how strong and firm he was. 

“You can shower before you leave, if you want,” he said normally, as if the previous conservation did not happen.

Irene took the towel and Yoongi disappeared out of the room to leave Irene in privacy.  She had time to take in her surroundings now and was faced with a simple tidy bedroom, with vintage albums handing around the grey painted wall.  There was a small desk with a computer and a keyboard connected to it.  

After a quick shower and slipping back on the dress she wore yesterday, she stepped out of Yoongi’s room, which opened out to his small living room and open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter