11 distractions

Waiting for our sunrise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11 distractions

Despite the long queue in the front entrance, Yoongi had gotten the both of them into the club easily. Irene supposed that since Yoongi was going to perform tonight, he probably had some sort of special pass to get in. As soon as they entered the club, the flashing lights and deep rumbling bass from the overbearing techno music bombarded her senses. It was something that Irene liked, because she felt her body was being numbed and she would be able to block everything else out.

Yoongi interrupted her train of thought.

 

“Would you like something to drink first? We are a bit earlier, some of the other guys who I’m performing with won’t be here for a while.”

 

Irene nodded. “What do you want to drink? I’ll get you something.”

 

Yoongi smiled. “I would love to but I’ve got to perform. No drinks for me, for the time being.”

 

It was at this moment that Irene felt someone’s hand on her shoulder.

 

She turned to see that it was Hoseok, looking less than pleased. It was easy to read Hoseok, since he always wore his heart on his sleeve. If he was annoyed or unhappy, he would never hide try to hide it. It was both a good and bad thing.

 

She had completely forgot that he was one of the guys that rapped with Yoongi, so it shouldn’t be a surprise that he would be at this performance with Yoongi. And from the look on his face, she knew that he knew what had happened between her and Taehyung. She really needed to move out of that apartment. It was toxic if she stayed any longer.

 

All she wanted to do was run away from Hoseok but she knew she would not be able to.

 

“Hey Hoseok,” Yoongi greeted. “Where the rest of the guys?”

 

“Hey Yoongi. I think the rest are still on their way, probably another 5 minutes.” Hoseok said to Yoongi but to Irene’s great displeasure, Hoseok quickly turned quickly his full attention to her.

 

“Hey Irene, can we talk alone for a moment?” Hoseok said, in a serious manner that Irene rarely ever saw. He was usually such a cheerful person with no bad bone in his body that if Hoseok was ever serious, it was usually a bad sign. She could see his lips curved down in a semi-permanent frown.

 

“Is everything ok?” Yoongi asked, noticing the unspoken tension between the two of them.

 

“All good,” Irene quickly said and turned to follow Hoseok out the back entrance to the side alleyway where they could have some peace and quiet. She knew she was stupid for not realising that Hoseok would also been at this event tonight since he was part of the same rapping crew as Yoongi.

 

"Irene, are you going out with Yoongi at the moment to get back at Tae?” He asked bluntly. Hoseok really knew how to cut to the chase but it was really giving Irene a headache. She didn’t want to think about Taehyung at this moment.

 

But Hoseok continued, “Both of them are my friends and you’re my friend also. I don’t want any bad blood between any of us. But you’re confusing me, is it Taehyung or Yoongi that you want to be with?”

 

Sometimes Irene really hated this diplomatic side of Hoseok.

 

“The two have nothing to do with each other. Yoongi asked me to go his performance before anythinghappened,” Irene said, keeping her expression unreadable and emotionless. “Taehyung has no rights to what I do anyways.”

 

It was now Hoseok’s time to sigh and ruffle his hair. “I don’t get the two of you, seriously. I really thought you guys had finally gotten together after what happened last night… but it seems to have made everything worse. I don’t get it.”

 

Irene appreciated Hoseok’s concern but she didn’t want to dwell on things she couldn’t control any longer.

 

“Hoseok, can we not talk about it? There’s nothing to get. It was just a one night stand, just… with the worst person I should have a one night stand with.”

 

“Tae’s been in a daze all day. He kept waiting absentmindedly in the living room, hoping to see you when you were coming back. Can’t you at least tell him where you are?”

 

“It’s none of his business Hoseok! Why are you always on his side? Can’t you see that it’s hurting me also?” She hadn’t meant to shout this last bit at him but she was getting increasingly frustrated.

 

Hoseok’s expression softened seeing how much this was affecting Irene. “Irene, you know I’m on your side as well. I admit Tae isn’t the best with showing his feelings. But I think he really does like you.”

 

Irene scoffed back at Hoseok, trying to hold her voice from shaking. “He wouldn’t have said all the things he said to me today then Hoseok. He was the one who said it was mistake. And who was the one who was trying to set me up with Yoongi in the first place? Forget it, I’m going back inside.”

 

Hoseok had grabbed her shoulder to stop her from leaving.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter