Step 5

Baby Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas Special

There were Iron Man plushies littering the floor of all sizes and dimensions. A toy train set took up the entire floor in front of the TV; next to it sat the five thousand pieces jigsaw puzzle, that was merely half-done. In the center sat the Christmas tree that was adorned with all things humanly possible; Christmas decorative balls, shinning glitters, confetti, cookies, popcorn, toothbrush, spoons, mini candles, mini jams bottle, floss, shoe polish, TV remotes, the two father's hoodies, photo frames, tester perfume bottles. Little things that their son liked.

"It's missing something." Jimin mused as he stared at the huge tree that valiantly took up more than half of their living room.

Yoongi looked up from blowing a raspberry into Jungkook's cheeks and raised an eyebrow at his husband. Amusement laced his lips as he set their three year old son back on the ground. "Jimin, you put almost everything we own up their, Baby." He pulled his husband into a hug and nuzzled his nose as he mumble into his lips. "Anything else worth putting up there would make it topple over.

Jimin turned to the elder with a pout as watched Jungkook waddle towards the train set. "But it looks so empty."

Yoongi chuckled a guttural laughter and pulled Jimin closer. His whisper only for Jimin to hear. "Baby, it's three in the morning." Turning Jimin to look at him he flicked the boy's nose and smiled. "I think what's missing is sunlight at this point."

"But-"

"Dadda!" Jungkook's voice broke through Jimin's protest, warming their hearts at their son's angelic smile directed towards them.

Jimin let sunshine laughter spill his lips, as he crouched down beside his son. He lay on his stomach and eyed the toy train his son was showing him. Muttering wondrous "Oohs" and "Ahhs" at Jungkook voice imitations. The look of pure bliss glowing on his face.

Yoongi watched his three year old son and his five year old husband (in mind, of course) giggle at each other. His own gummy smile making way to his lips.

*****

"Stop scowling at them, Baby." Yoongi muttered into Jimin's ears, as he rubbed his husband's arms consolingly.

Jimin didn't look at his husband, silently stewing at the sight in front of him. "I'll have to talk to that boy." He whispered tight lipped. And Yoongi only rolled his eyes, shooting an apologetic look at Namjoon.

He then turned to look at his son, who was sitting in Taehyung's lap, kissing him. Seokjin had literally squealed when Taehyung, who had been carrying Jungkook on his back, decided to step under the mistletoe archway in Namjoon and Seokjin's backyard and asked in all innocence.

"I have to kiss Kookie now, right?"

And had Yoongi not been present and back hugging Jimin to prevent him from attacking Taehyung from 'defiling their son', something bad would've happened.

Making way for a Home Alone movie marathon, some glaring at Jimin's part because Jungkook chose to sit in Taehyung's lap. Some kisses shared. Some 'I love yous'. More kisses and giggles from the two boys of three and five. Some more glaring from Jimin that would've burned Taehyung, had it not been for Yoongi's mutterings of 'they're just kids. it's okay.' With Seokjin's excitement and Namjoon's worried glances at Jimin; and Yoongi's nonchalance and Jimin's anger; the Christmas eve soon came to an end.

*****
"Goodight, Koookie." Jimin hushed into his son's hair as he pulled the comforter more firmly around the boy. And when Jungkook sighed snuggling closer to the boy next to him, Jimin tried his hardest not to ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter