002: A chance encounter

Love, Finally?

NOTE: Hi. The update for this one will be depending on my ONCE and AGAIN story. If I updated that one, I’ll surely update this one though a little late.

 

--

 

What messes up Sungyeol’s mind is the idea of him not getting a car on his own. Every time he plans to have one, he’ll change his mind in the last minute. But getting a car is probably the most convenient way for him especially now that he’s having a hard time hailing a cab at night.

 

It’s already late when he gets off from work. He has to redo everything in his paper works before he goes off their building. It was hell in their office and he has been ranting about how bad it is to his co-workers.

 

He sighs and looks up in the sky. It looks like it’ll rain anytime soon and true to his thought, a rain drop fell right to his face. Can this day get any worse?

 

He hurries himself to the nearest convenience store that he saw. He decided to buy his dinner in there as well as soon as he reaches it. But luck isn’t really on his side because suddenly, someone from the inside opens the door, hitting him straight to the face causing him to fall on his first.

 

“What the hell?! Are you trying to kill me?!”

 

“Sungyeol? Oh my God. I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you coming in.”

 

He froze. He knows that soft voice. It was the same voice he heard that came pick him up in the hospital floor as he fell because his face got hit by the door. And when he looks up, he’s staring back to the same man that hit his face with the hospital door. The same handsome man hits his face with the convenience store door this time around.

 

“Myungsoo.” He greeted.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t really see you coming.” The extreme worry on his face warms him all up as Myungsoo lend him a hand to help him stand. “Are you alright?”

 

“Ah… yeah. I think so.” He said trying so hard not to stutter. It’s been two weeks since he last saw the younger after that engagement party of Woohyun and Sunggyu

 

“You’re wet. The rain caught up with you?”

 

“Y-yes. I was on my way home when it pours… What are you doing here?”

 

“I was on my way home as well and I stop by to buy coffee… come, I’ll take you home.”

 

Panic arises in him and he shakes his head quite frantically. “Um, no. I’m fine. I’m wet and I’m afraid to wet your car seat so… and I haven’t—”

 

“Brush your teeth?” the younger smiles and Sungyeol’s cheeks flushed.

 

“Let’s forget about that one please…”

 

“Sure. So come, I’ll take you home.

 

“I’m still worried about your car seat so no.” he insisted.

 

“Sungyeol, they’re just car seat. Don’t mind it. It’ll dry off in time.”

 

He no longer said anything back when Myungsoo gently lead him inside his car. Once Myungsoo is inside, he reached out to that something on his backseat and gives it to him.

 

“Cover yourself with this so you won’t get cold. Excuse whatever smells it might emit. I haven’t washed it yet.”

 

It was a grayish coat.

 

But there’s no bad smell coming from it. He can faintly smell the cologne the younger were using from it. It was Polo Blue, if he isn’t mistaken. He recognized the smell from one of the perfume samples from the magazine Woohyun were giving him.

 

He smells heavenly…

 

Suddenly, he sneezes.

 

“Oh no…” Myungsoo said beside him, giving him a glance though he was driving. “That doesn’t sound good.”

 

“I’m sorr—“ he sneezes again.

 

“You should take off your shirt.”

 

“What? I won’t take off my shirt!” he said as he hugs himself.

 

The younger sighs. “You have to. Or else your condition will worsen. I’ll take you to my house, you can change there.”

 

“I-In your house?” he stammers. How did we end up here? Why didn’t I run away? Why did I let this happen!? I was so good at running away from him, why now?

 

“Yes… it’s near here. You’ll just change your clothes there and… I’ll bring you home.” The traffic light turns red and Myungsoo turns to his side. “Is that okay?”

 

How could he, Lee Sungyeol who is in love with this man smiling at him with a charming face ever refuses him? “Y-yes… I guess its fine.”

 

--

 

Once they get inside the younger’s house, the rain worsen. Once he stepped inside the younger’s house, he suddenly feels exhausted. Myungsoo’s house spoke warmth and comfort.

 

Myungsoo left him alone for a while and when the younger gets back, he was already holding a towel.

 

“You can change inside my room.” He said. “I prepared some clean clothes for you. Forgive what I could offer. We don’t have the same built and it might be too short for you.”

 

“You’re gonna let me wear your briefs?”

 

“Oh no… that’s exclusively for me.” He said giving out a lazy and charming smile. “And I prefer boxers, by the way. Did your underwear got soaked too?”

 

Me and my big mouth! He feels hot suddenly and looks away from the younger. “I… I prefer boxers too…” WHAT ARE YOU SAYING LEE SUNGYEOL!? “I mean… um… I don’t know anymore.”

 

Myungsoo lets out a giggle. “Then I’ll let you borrow my new ones. I haven’t opened it yet… you can get inside the bathroom now.”

 

He silently went inside the room the younger pointed at. It was Polo Blue all right. The familiar smell fills his nostrils as he get inside the younger’s room. He slowly made his way inside and found a nicely done bed and over it are clothes the younger prepared for him.

 

The shirt has an awful color. Blue and orange stripes can never go together. He smiles though. Because for him, the younger can wear anything and still look good at it, and yeah even if he wears a garbage bag.

 

He stares blankly at the bed. He wonders how many girls have the younger brought there already. A sudden feeling of jealousy rains his heart. An idea fills his mind and he walks closer to it. Sit on it and lay down. He smiles. Ah, see? I made it on his bed as well? HAHA

 

He sits up again and giggles for himself. “You’re like an idiot, Lee Sungyeol.”

 

He reached out for the shirts prepared for him and get inside the bathroom. Moments later, Myungsoo knocks on the door.

 

“Sungyeol… here’s the clean boxers.”

 

“Ah… Y-Yeah wait.” He panics suddenly. He poured too much bubble salt to the hot water. He gets up and opens the door slightly. Myungsoo were lending him the boxers without looking at him. “T-Thanks so much…”

 

“Sure. I’ll be in the kitchen once you’re done.”

 

“Okay.”

 

He drains the bathtub once he’s done and slips in the younger’s shirt. He smiles again when the younger’s shirt fit him like it’s his own. He forget about the cotton pajama though, it’ll be fitted for him and he doesn’t like that.

 

The shirt is big enough to cover his thigh and the boxers itself. Never would’ve thought that Myungsoo has a thing for cat.

 

He went out of the room, taking his dirty and wet clothes with him. He smells like Myungsoo and he’s a bit shy about it but he’s happy.

 

He search for the younger and found him facing the window from the living room. He’s talking to someone, he assumed, because he was holding a cordless phone. He watched him from that distance. He changes his clothes too, black shirt and black walking short comes proportional with that black cat-designed step in. Now that he realized it, Myungsoo left him the white version of that step-in but he got the dog design. The younger must’ve like animals enough to fill his house with it, though in designs only. He is yet to see some pet roaming around the younger’s house.

 

He thought that the younger’s future wife is lucky; will be lucky. But for the meantime, it’s him who’s lucky because he get to see the younger like this. His ultimate crush Kim Myungsoo from High School up till now.

 

He never would’ve thought that he can hold the feeling for the younger till that day and it’s still continuously inside him. He sighs.

 

He cleared his throat to have the younger’s attention. Myungsoo turns around to him. “Um, where can I let my clothes dry off?”

 

The cordless phone slipped from Myungsoo’s hand but he immediately took it. “Yes, Mr. Kim… I’ll call you back, sorry about that.” He said as he continues to look at Sungyeol.

 

Myungsoo gives him the once-over look.

 

The taller regretted not wearing the cotton pajama prepared for him. He feels stupid in front of the younger now. “Were you talking to Sunggyu just now?” he asked, hiding away his embarrassment.

 

“Yes. How did you know?”

 

He shrugs. “Just a guess.”

 

“I’ll be working for them as their photographer in their wedding.”

 

Sungyeol only nods. “I kind of guess that as well…”

 

“You guessed?”

 

“Yeah.” Because I know you’ll be a photographer.

 

Myungsoo proceeded to what looks like his kitchen. “I’m afraid there are some areas flooded now. I don’t think it’ll be smart for me to take you home. We’ll just go back here again.”

 

“Y-you’re right… I’m thinking the same thing.” He said as he tried to pull down the shirt to cover his thighs as he follows Myungsoo around his house.

 

“I think your friend Nam Woohyun have a house in this village too… you think you can call him so you can stay with them?”

 

He feels disappointed. He thought the younger will ask him to stay the night. But instead of being taken over by disappointment, his like for the younger increases. He’s a gentleman, though he doesn’t need a gentleman since he’s a man also.

 

“Yes. I guess I’ll do that.”

 

“Okay. Use the telephone in the living room while I prepare our dinner here.”

 

He nods and goes back to the living room. He bites his lower lip as he breathes in as he reached for the cordless telephone and dials Woohyun’s telephone number.

 

Woohyun picks up after three rings, which he thanked the gods for because Woohyun doesn’t usually picks up. He feels relieved too that the younger is home. “Woo!”

 

“Who’s this? Sungyeol?”

 

“Yes, it’s me. Can I stay with you tonight? The rain is pouring hard and there are some area that’s already flooded. I don’t think I’ll make it to our home.”

 

“Sure. Where are you? We’ll pick you up there.” Said the other voice which he thought owned by Hoya.

 

“Hoya? Wait, are you guys together?”

 

“Nope. We’re in three-way calling.” Woohyun said again. “Me and Hoya are taking when you called. Anyway, where are you? Are you still in your office? We’ll pick you up from there.”

 

“No. I’m here at Myungsoo’s place—“

 

“Myungsoo?” the two asked in unison.

 

“Yeah. The rain poured down suddenly and I was running for covers in the nearest convenience store… he was there. He saw me soaking wet and he suggested keeping me here for a while so I can change my clothes before he takes me home…”

 

“Then why are you still there?”

 

“Well, he must’ve been so worried to see me soaking wet and shivering so he takes me in.” A few minutes passed and his friends remained silent. “Hey, are you guys still there?”

 

“Yes, we’re still here.” Hoya said with a hint of teasing in his voice which Sungyeol doesn’t like.

 

“And we think you should just stay there with Myungsoo.” Woohyun said backing up that teasing voice coming from Hoya.

 

“I agree.”

 

Oh my God, these two are up to something! “Are you guys nuts? I can’t stay here!” but his friends let out a giggles. “You and your dirty minds!”

 

“What? We aren’t saying anything.” Woohyun trying to feign innocence through his voice.

 

“Yes you aren’t but I know how your dirty minds work! Come on guys, pick me up here.” He said frustratingly.

 

“Nope. You should just stay there with Myungsoo, Yeol. He’s the nicest most decent man in five-meter radius. You’ll be safe with him.”

 

“YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!” He said and the two from the other line only laughs. He smiles and thinks for a while on how he became friends with these two pranksters. “But the question is… will he be safe with me?”

 

He laughs when his friends screamed from the other line. He needs to check if Myungsoo went out of the kitchen because he might hear what they were talking about.

 

“That’s it, Sungyeol! Do your thing and work that out so you can have a happy ending as well!”

 

“He’s right. Go for your man!”

 

He smiles. “I guess some feelings just won’t stay away especially when you had it for the first time huh?” he asked in a low voice. “I still like him after all these years and I don’t think I can still run away from him…” he joined in the giggles. “And you want to know what else?”

 

“What?” the two asked.

 

“I’m wearing his shirt!”

 

“Oh my goodness! You go, Yeollie!”  Woohyun said cheering him on that he and Hoya giggles.

 

“You should really just stay there, Yeollie. It’s your chance to—“

 

“Yah, Lee Howon! We know he’s straight—“

 

“Stupid Yeol, let me finish first! What I mean is this is your chance to get to know him better. Don’t you like it? Fate is finally working its way for you to have Myungsoo all to yourself.”

 

“Hoya is right. You’ve been waiting for a chance encounter with him so you guys could talk. Grab the opportunity now! You missed your chance in High School and College. Don’t lose this one now…”

 

“Y-you’re right… I guess I’ll—“

 

“And you ended up having .”

 

His eyes widen by the sudden words left Woohyun’s mouth. “We’re not going to have ! He’s not even aware about my feelings for him and how many times should I tell you guys that he’s straight?”

 

“Then, confess to him and tell him that it’s okay for him to do you and after that, move on with your life.”

 

“What the Nam Woohyun?”

 

“Hey, he’s right, Yeollie.”

 

“Oh shut up Hoya. You guys aren’t being helpful!”

 

Giggles were the last thing he heard from the two as he let down the cordless phone back to its place. He feels bad suddenly. What will he tell Myungsoo now?

 

“Problem?” He flinches. Myungsoo is now standing in the kitchen doorway holding out his mug while his other hand who was also holding another mug was reaching for him. He took the mug from his hand.

 

“Y-yeah…” he said as he massages his head a little. He feels dizzy suddenly. “Woohyun um… don’t kind of… ahm… he said Sunggyu will be staying with him tonight so… if you know what I mean…”

 

Myungsoo let out a smile and Sungyeol looks at him as he did that. Tell me he didn’t see right through me please… tell meee.

 

“I see…” Myungsoo said, breaking the silence together with their eye contact. “Then it can’t be helped. You can stay here with me.”

 

“Huh?”

 

Myungsoo smiles again. Why is he smiling so often?! “You can use my bed. I’ll just use the sofa.”

 

“You’re asking me to stay?”

 

“Yes. There’s no point taking you home tonight. Come, let’s eat. Dinner is served.”

 

He follows the younger to his dining table and as he takes a sip from his coffee, he closes his eyes, because the coffee is hitting the spot.

 

He was about to sit down when he sneezes again. Something is wrong with me.

 

Myungsoo looks back at him as he places the soup in front of him. He looks at Myungsoo who was looking at him worriedly. “Are you okay?”

 

“Y-yes… ACHOO! Sorry… I feel—ACHOO!” . His eyes waver and his head suddenly throbs painfully as he sneezes.

 

Myungsoo goes to his side. “Are you okay?” the younger places his hand over his forehead. “God, no wonder you’re all red! You’re running a fever! Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“I have a fever? ACHOO!” Oh God, that hurts.

 

“Yes you do! Come… lay down to bed. I’ll take your food there.”

 

“But—“

 

“No buts. You need to rest.”

 

“Okay.”

 

He follows Myungsoo back to his room and he can’t remember when his heart calms down that night… Myungsoo held his hand so tight and he forgot how to breathe.

 

--

 

“The medicine will take effect any minute now.”

 

“In the meantime, let’s continue talking.”

 

Myungsoo closes the lid of the medicine box and placed it over the bedside table. “You should just rest, Sungyeol.”

 

“It’s boring to get sick… stay here and keep talking.”

 

The younger sighs but sit on the bed. “Okay.”

 

Sungyeol put the blanket over his nose. “Your things smell so good… did you know that?” he asked the younger who looks down to him. “Who do your laundry?”

 

“Someone is coming over to do that for me… I can do the laundry myself, but being a nurse is hindering me to do that. When I do get off from work, I sleep—“

 

“Wait… what did you just say? You’re a nurse?”

 

Myungsoo looks away as he nods. “Why are you surprised?”

 

“Because I thought you wanted to be a Photographer!”

 

It’s too late to take that one back. Myungsoo is already looking at him with so much amusement. “How did you know that?”

 

“W-Well… I remember you taking pictures back in highschool and… I remember you’re majoring it back in college before you… you went away.”

 

The younger nods. “You pay attention over the littlest things, huh?”

 

Littlest things? This guy doesn’t know that the littlest things for him are my everything… He shook his head, there’s no way he’d say that to Myungsoo. “So… what made you change program?”

 

“My Dad is a Doctor and my Mom is a nurse… my younger brother is also planning to become a Doctor so…”

 

“Were you forced to take it?” he feels like asking that because the younger’s eyes seems so dead right now. Myungsoo let out a sad smile though.

 

“I’m not forced… I decided to change program myself. My grandmother, my Dad’s mother is the only one supporting me to do photography… but when she gets sick, Mom and Dad say it should’ve been me to take care of her if only I know more about medicine.”

 

“You are forced.” Sungyeol said a matter of fact. “They tried to hit your conscience.”

 

“It’s okay though. I find it fun soon after…”

 

“Then how did Sunggyu ask you to be their photographer? I remember Sunggyu being keen to whatever in his life.”

 

Myungsoo shrugs. “My cousin knows that I’m best at it so—“

 

“Wait, what did you just say again? Your cousin?”

 

“Yeah… Sunggyu is my cousin on my mother side.”

 

“But you called him “MR” when you’re talking to him over the phone.”

 

“That’s for formalities because we’re talking about business.”

 

“Why I didn’t know that?” he asked himself and Myungsoo looks at him weirdly. “I mean… he didn’t tell us anything about you two being cousins.”

 

“I know. We never really care about those details…”

 

“I see… so you being cousins made him choose you to become their photographer?”

 

The younger nodded. “I only said yes because my grandmother insisted too… saying that it’s time for me to do what I love.”

 

Silence filled the room. Sungyeol is testing water so he can ask the younger about something… “So… this grandmother of yours lives where?”

 

“In Germany.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“Hmm? What is it?”

 

He feels sleepy suddenly so he yawns. The medicine is working. “The reason why you leave back then was her…”

 

“Yes. You know about me leaving as well?” Myungsoo asked as if very pleased but Sungyeol thought his eyes were just playing tricks on him.

 

“Of course I’d know…” he yawns. “My head hurts so bad…”

 

Sungyeol thought he was only dreaming when he felt Myungsoo’s palm over his forehead… and leaning so close to him… close enough to touch noses and to kiss…

 

“Then you should go to sleep now… or would you like to have another medicine?” was the thing the younger said.

 

Sungyeol yawns and shook his head. “No… you are enough…”

 

And Myungsoo smiles as he nods. Sungyeol closes his eyes.

 

--

 

A/N: Leave comments before you go please! Thank you! ^_^