001: Fated to meet you now

Love, Finally?

Ah, it was then. The sound of silence surrounding the whole school, the smell of the empty classroom, the wind blowing in and out was the time when I, Lee Sungyeol at age 17, met his first love.

 

Silly huh? For a boy to like a boy. For a boy to actually watch another boy from the distance as he clicks on his camera, trying to capture animals in their most cute peaceful form.

 

Who is he again? Ah… His name is, Kim Myungsoo. The first year representative. I remember seeing him in the school opening ceremony he was the one to give a speech because he aces the entrance exams of our school.

 

Yes, it was then that the younger caught my, the ultimate heartthrob’s attention. It was then that I, Lee Sungyeol become someone no one expected him to be.

 

It took me million attempts to talk to him, to be close to him even my friends thought I was being stupid… but no. I’m just in love. I got knocked off my feet and now in love.

 

Cheesy, but true.

 

I remember it so well, when Kim Myungsoo went up to the second year classrooms. It was chaos to keep the younger safe because their year-mate were so deprived and wanted a piece of him. But as soon as Myungsoo is in their front, they all shut up. Why, you’ll definitely ask me… that’s because he was with the freshmen girl representative, their year rank number 2, Krystal Jung.

 

It was rumored then that the two are dating…

 

But for some odd reasons, no confirmed details from the two themselves are made.

 

Kim Myungsoo visited our classroom that day. I realized he was running errands for our moderator, Teacher Lee Jungyeop. He’s back facing me and everyone else inside that classroom, obviously, because he was talking to our teacher.

 

It was then also, that Krystal Jung looked my way, caught me staring at Myungsoo and smiled at me as she bows lightly as a greeting.

 

Woohyun saw that scene, then. But we never really gave too much attention to it.

 

When it was time for him to go, Myungsoo turns to my side and my heart started beating faster. It’s like he walked very slowly in front of me. And God, he actually gave me that dimply smile of his.

 

That was the day that I realized how much I really like him.

 

--

 

It was raining then, me and Woohyun are to leave school later than the usual because we’ll be passing our application form as the next Student Council President. Woohyun is running for the President Position, while I run for the Vice-President Position.

 

Many are shocked by our decision, saying that it should be me to run for the President Position because I was our year representative, but leadership isn’t my thing and the fact that running for Vice Presidency were forced on me. Woohyun loves to take on a battle that challenges him.

 

That is when he meets the love of his life, Kim Sunggyu. He’s the currently sitting reigning President of our School Council. He’s smart and rude. He can be snob and he doesn’t have a care at all for my friend who even confesses to him in front of the whole student body.

 

But that’s not the issue here… because it was also then that me and Myungsoo met in the shoe locker.

 

I was waiting for Woohyun, I have his coat with me already and his umbrella, I was standing at the end of our year’s shoe locker when suddenly, he showed up at the other end, where their year’s shoe locker was.

 

Myungsoo noticed me the moment he came and bows to me as a sign of respect. I realized I need to do it as well so I also bowed. When I lift up my head, he was looking at me. I was holding two umbrella’s then, so maybe he doesn’t have one?

 

“Um… do you need an umbrella?”

 

He looked at me, with his usual cold glare and it got me flinching for a second. “No, I was wondering if you’ll be sharing one with someone…”

 

“Oh… no. The other one is for my friend.”

 

“Friend?”

 

“Yes. You probably know him. Nam Woohyun?”

 

Myungsoo raised his eyebrows and look away from me, covering his eyes with his left arm, and I saw the black umbrella on his hand.

 

“I’ll be going then.”

 

“Uh… yeah, sure. Take care.”

 

“You too.”

 

It was merely five minutes that he left me frozen then, when Woohyun came with his bags and other belongings and we left the school to go home.

 

--

 

High school ended and nothing happened with me and Kim Myungsoo. Except for the fact that he seated as the next in line President, replacing Woohyun. We’re about to depart then when I saw him from the third floor with Krystal Jung and Lee Sungjong beside him. He was leaning against the window and was smiling.

 

But I’m not sure whether he’s looking at me or not.

 

Woohyun pats my shoulder, making me turn my attention to him. He said we need to go, and I followed him, not forgetting to take one last look at Myungsoo in the third floor.

 

But the younger is no longer there.

 

I sigh. Maybe High School life ended like that for us.

 

--

 

Me and Woohyun got accepted in Seoul University, it was never a surprise to our previous High School for us to be accepted. As for Woohyun, life gets better for him because Kim Sunggyu got won over by him as soon as he got accepted in that University.

 

Woohyun exerted too much effort in getting high grades in the exams. Sunggyu said he’ll give him the answer when he in included in the University’s high rankers.

 

And Woohyun did it.

 

I thought it’ll be easier for me to start a new life there, but no. It wasn’t always easy to forget about your first love.

 

Love is around me during those times, but I never really took notice.

 

Until the following year.

 

I was late, running and unfashionably late. For Pete’s sake, I’m terribly late for my first day in one of major subjects, when in my sudden turn, I stopped.

 

Because standing right before me, was the bulletin board where the names newly passers are pasted.

 

KIM MYUNGSOO

 

Is one of those passers.

 

My hearts beat as fast as it could that time, making it hard for me to suppress a smile.

 

I’ll be seeing him again, I say. But like how it did in our High School, we never really crossed paths enough to interact for ourselves.

 

We never really had the chance. I, never really had the chance.

 

--

 

Woohyun often tell me that me being noticed by Kim Myungsoo is like a crow waiting to turned white, it’ll never happen.

 

And he’s right. Because when I decided to make the move, he went away.

 

Leaving me nothing but untold feelings and hoping heart…

 

He’s my first love… but I guess it wasn’t like that for him… I, wasn’t like that for him.

 

--

 

“Is he alright?”

 

“Don’t worry, Mr. Nam. He’s going to be just fine. Nothing fatal happened to him anyway.”

 

He opened his eyes slightly only to close it again. His friends have their eyes on the doctor who’s tending him, but Kim Myungsoo is there as well. Why is he still here? Why didn’t he leave me when I fainted? He continued pretending to be asleep while listening.

 

“Then why isn’t he waking up? What really happened to him?”

 

“I’m not really sure, Mr. Kim.” He’s talking to Myungsoo. I’m sure it was Myungsoo who asked just now. Oh my gosh. “He’s still conscious when you brought him here. In any case, all his vital signs are okay, so it’s best to let him sleep. He needs rest anyway.”

 

“I’ll get myself killed by his mother once she found out what happened to Yeollie. Myungsoo, what the hell did you do to him?!”

 

He nearly hit Woohyun for asking the younger one unnecessary question but he needs to keep pretending he’s asleep. It was in Myungsoo’s arm that he remembered he fainted to, maybe that’s the reason for him to actually and surely lost consciousness. The younger was the one that carried him carefully. That’s probably the reason why he fainted and got his head hit the table and lost it all… because the younger touched him.

 

It had been such a long time since he last seen him. It was all of the sudden and he wasn’t ready on not seeing the younger around him. Back then, it was okay for him to stay silent, to keep the feelings for himself as long as he’s still seeing the younger around. As long as he’s still near him. But he left and that almost break him apart.

 

But now that he has seen him again, touched by him and got greeted by his smile, the familiar somersault inside him when the younger is around, reigns inside him. He was taken over for good.

 

He forgot how to breathe so maybe fainting is the best thing that ever happened that day so he could distance himself from the younger. He’ll kill Woohyun once he actually woke up and with the younger gone for not telling him what he was doing there. Because surely, he needed some time off. Seeing him again after all these years overwhelmed him.

 

He never admitted, even to himself, that he’s very much looking forward on seeing him again. Hoping to see him again, even if the probability of the younger returning to Korea is like waiting for someone dead to comeback.

 

Never mind their no-interaction past. He wanted to see him. But the younger’s sudden arrival caught him off guard. He’s unprepared.

 

“Let’s leave him for like this, Mr. Nam.” The doctor spoke again. “I assure you that he’ll be fine. There’s seriously nothing to worry about.”

 

“If you say so, Doctor.” He can hear their leaving footsteps and he thanked all the gods and goddesses for that. He’ll escape and run away from there. “Do you know him, Myungsoo?”

 

“Why are you asking me that?”

 

“Because you kept staring at him.”

 

He nearly got himself choked again. Myungsoo kept on staring at me! The door closes and he opens his eyes very slowly. When he’s sure that the coast is clear, he slowly gets up, gets near to the door, opened it and sees if there’s really no one there. All of them are gone.

 

Now he can actually leave the place and runaway. There’s no stopping him to run away from that place, there’s no way he’d stay if he knows that his first love is around and there’s nothing he can do about his feelings for the younger. He doesn’t care if he got arrested for not paying his bills, Sunggyu’s family owned that hospital and Woohyun were to be blamed, so he’s leaving it for the older to settle. Those two will marry anyway. He doesn’t care anymore, he got enough savings to hide himself, he can establish new business for himself and he has his friends to back him up. He just couldn’t risk himself being caught off guard now that Myungsoo is back in his life. Considering his initial reactions to the younger earlier, and he can pretty much decipher that the younger will be someone doing some work for Woohyun and Sunggyu’s wedding, because why else would he showed up in that restaurant if he’s not someone to attend in his friends’ wedding right? He really needs to run away. He can never get used to the situation not being in his favor. He’s freaking out because he never knows what to do next. The younger knocked him out even without doing anything and being completely unknowledgeable about what he feels towards him and what he will be feeling in the near future.

 

That is why he really needs to run away for a while, to calm himself down and to cool his head off. He needs to be prepared about everything first and—

 

The door suddenly opens, hitting his face in the process causing for him to lose his balance and fell on the floor. He was still kissing the floor and he was getting ready to kill whoever it was that opened the door when he heard that familiar voice again.

 

“Sungyeol, are you alright?”

 

The moment Myungsoo touched his arms again, he’s sure he’ll faint again. But it never came, so he decided to close his eyes again and pretend asleep. This is the most pathetic thing I’ve ever done in my whole life.

 

He hears no response from the younger. But he froze when he felt someone’s strong arms lifting him up and placing him carefully back to the bed. He could feel his hard chest muscles, his steady beating heart beat, he can also smell that cologne he was using, and even that feels heaven already.

 

Don’t open your ing eyes, Lee Sungyeol. He internally said, keeping his eyes tightly closed. Don’t open your damn eyes.

 

But moments of silence and he thinks that the younger were laughing at him so he opened his eyes slowly, finally. And he was greeted by the most handsome face he had ever seen in his entire life, only a few inches away from him.

 

“Hi!” he greeted smiling and happily. “How are you feeling?” he continued looking at the younger, not believing about what just happened. “The doctor says you need to rest. Actually, I just get back here to check on you for the last time. Now that I know that you’re fine, I’ll leave you alone so you could rest well.”

 

He slowly stood up, a smile reaching his eyes now, and he felt like his heart stood for itself when the younger reached for the door. There’s some kind of force that drag him out from the bed and he found himself throwing the blankets away from his body and sitting on the other side of the bed, pulling the hem of the younger’s shirt.

 

“Myungsoo…” he started and he knows for himself that he’ll start to stammer from then onwards. “I uh… I have… I want to s-s-say someth—“

 

Am I seriously hearing myself talking like an idiot in front of the man I love? Oh My god.

 

“You need somet—“

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

Oh no, what did I just say? Their world froze before them. Sungyeol’s eyes never left Myungsoo’s as he bites his own lip, trying to control his shivers. Myungsoo is looking at him intently, not breaking the eye contact between them. He was so sure that the younger is amused and surprised at the same time and he wanted to blurt out that it was a joke but he can’t find the courage to do so.

 

Again, he rains explicit internally to Woohyun. It’s because of Woohyun reminding him about that soulless bet of theirs in the past that he blurted out something stupid. He doesn’t even know if the younger is single and Oh God, he’ll definitely find him disgusting because he’s more than sure that Kim Myungsoo is straight!

 

But the younger stood there, with his handsome smiling face and said something that would forever haunt his sleeping and waking hours.

 

“Yes, Sungyeol. I will marry you.”

 

And he went out leaving him to deal with the mess he just created. He took the flower vase beside him, thinking of hitting his head with it, but he realized it’ll pained him more so instead, he takes the pillow and started on punching it.

 

“You stupid, stupid, stupid man!” he said as he clenches his teeth while punching the pillow continuously. “Let’s see… I choke on my food for the first time, got myself fainted in his arms, hit my head on the table, hit my face with the door frame and proposed to the man I never thought would ever come back to my life.” He fishes out his phone and sent Woohyun a message as he continues to mumbles for himself. “Hey, that’s not really a mess… that’s a disaster, you stupid tall beautiful creature!” he hit his head three times and run his palms through his face. “Oh God, Sungyeol. What have you done?!”

 

Wait, he proposed to Myungsoo and the younger said yes… there’s nothing to be ashamed about that now right? If the younger laughed at him and humiliate him, he’ll probably see himself hanging at the ceiling and not breathing so he’s still lucky the younger did the opposite.

 

With that in mind, he walks out the room heads up high and proud of his stupidity in life.

 

Though he really feels embarrassed about what just happened. Maybe he’ll jump from that floor to the first floor?

 

--

 

“CONGRATULATIONS TO SUNGGYU AND WOOHYUN!”

 

Everyone raises their glass to congratulate the newly engaged, officially, couple. All are happy for them and that ceremony leaves them to the planning of the actual wedding ceremony.

 

Sungyeol stared at the food as if his life is depending on it.

 

“Wipe away that drool on your face. Someone might think we’re friends with you.”

 

He rolled his eyes at Hoya and continues putting different varieties of foods on his plate. “Mind your own business, Lee Howon.”

 

“I do have my own business here, thank you Lee Sungyeol.” He kisses Dongwoo beside him and teasingly side eyed him in the process. Stupid lovers.

 

Now that he’s the only single one in their bunch, it’ll be no wonder he’s getting teased more often. It wasn’t like that just recently, if only Key and Jonghyun didn’t planned on getting together officially,

 

“Way to flaunt your love life on my face, dummy.”

 

“This is for you to be reminded that we’re going to the perfection steady zone while you’re still looking at yours ever since we’re in high school.” Woohyun said placing his wine glass on their table as he sits. Sunggyu were entertaining the other guests. “Myungsoo is back. Propose to him now.”

 

He swallowed the food inside his mouth first before talking. “I already did.”

 

Woohyun and Hoya exchange glances. “I told you he’d lie.”

 

“Crap.”

 

Sungyeol’s eyes widened. “What the hell are you two talking about?”

 

Woohyun looks at him and smiled slyly. “We had a bet right after you told us you’ll propose to him when you see him… and I just won that bet today.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You just lied about proposing to him.”

 

“I did not!” he said placing his plate down. “I did propose to him!”

 

The two sighs not really believing him. Stupid friends! “I bet you’ll propose.”

 

“WHICH I DID!” He insisted. Hoya raised his eyebrows.

 

“I wanted to win this bet but… even I can say you’re lying.”

 

“I am not!” he still insisted, now putting down his spoon and fork. “I did propose to him!”

 

“And when is that?”

 

“In the hospital.”

 

“Lies.” The two said in unison.

 

He was about to counter when Woohyun beats him to it. “Let’s say you did propose, but then again, we didn’t get to see it so… it’s still not counted.”

 

“You two are so—“ he said when he spotted the younger from across the room talking to Sunggyu. “What the hell is he doing here?”

 

Woohyun and Hoya looks at where he was looking. “Oh, there’s Myungsoo. If you’re really insisting that you really did propose to him, the point is we didn’t get to see it sooo… mind repeating it in front of us?”

 

“Are you crazy? No way in hell, Woohyun! This is your engagement night—“

 

“Looks like I win, Hoya.”

 

These ers! “You know what, I don’t care.” He stood taking his foods with him when he spotted the younger on his way to their table. “I’ll go get myself more foods because you two just ruined my appetite.”

 

Woohyun realizes why he was fleeing though, so as usual for the older, he held him back. “Where do you think you’re going? Someone must win here.”

 

“I don’t ing care, Nam. Let go of me—“

 

He was free and started walking away, but Myungsoo was already there. “Where are you going, Sungyeol. The party just started.” Why is he talking to me so casually?!

 

“Uh… I forgot to brush my teeth.”

 

He closes his eyes once he heard his laughing friends. “Huh?”

 

“Uh… I mean… My mom is calling me and I need to go home so… bye.” He gave Myungsoo his plate and started walking.

 

But the younger follows him. “Sungyeol…”

 

“I really need to go, Myungsoo so maybe let’s catch up some other time?” he said trying not to bump to someone in the crowd.

 

“Sungyeol.”

 

He didn’t stop and continue on walking out of that place. “Sungyeol, I hate to think that you’re running away from me…”

 

He stops this time and faced the younger. He exaggeratedly laughs. “I’m not running away from anyone.”

 

“But the party just got started and you’re going home already? Leaving…” he lifts his plate full with foods. “…your plate untouched?”

 

He smiled. “Uh… I kind of need to go home because I forgot something I have to do.”

 

Myungsoo lets the plate down in some random table and tucked his hands inside his pockets. “I thought you were going because of me.”

 

“And why would I do that?” he asked. My goodness, Kim Myungsoo. Go away. I’m not ready for you yet.

 

“Nothing really… I just feel like it. Do you need a ride home?”

 

He shook his head. “No. I’ll just hail a cab—“

 

“Then I’ll see you off—“

 

“No.” he let that one out quite loudly that some people near them looks at their side. He got Myungsoo frozen on his side though. “I mean… I’m fine, seriously. You don’t have to… you know? See me off.”

 

“I see…” he said quite lowly. “You don’t really need a ride? It’ll help you save up—“

 

“I already told you I don’t need it, Myungsoo…” he smiles weakly at the younger. “I’ll get going now.”

 

“Okay…” the younger gives up and he thanked God for that. Finally. “Take care on your way home.

 

Even without seeing himself in the mirror, he knows for himself that he looks like one stupid guy, and a crazy one for that matter. You forgot to brush your teeth? Sungyeol, you’re one big airhead guy!

 

--

 

A/N: Hey there.  I hope this chapter one is done nicely for you guys to continue waiting for the next updates. HAHA Leave comments before leaving please. I’ll appreciate whatever. Thank you! ^_^