Chapter Evelen

Let's Not Fall In Love (우리 사랑하지 말아요)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEPTEMBER

 

I don’t do this kind of stuff you know, talking and confronting people especially a loved one.

Most of my friends say that I have to see him and talk about this whole stuff but what is the use now? I don’t know what to say, I don’t know how to see him because he’s – god knows where he’s at.

 

“Just talk to him,” Hyorin places my morning tea on the table.

“No,” I look at the cup. “I don’t drink tea, you know that.”

“I know, its milk tea.” She smirks and walks away to clean up the place.

 

It’s my first time to be in a closed café, where all the chairs are up on the tables, the warmness of the room when you enter and the sun shining from the front.

 

Saturday is my favorite day, the next day is even a holiday but not the day after that but whatever.

“Can I help you clean at least?” I ask.

“No, stay and drink your tea,” she commands.

“You always boss around,” I pout and cross my legs. “Whatever, I am putting down the chairs.”

 

“Morning girls,” Hyorin’s mom greets us when she enters from the back.

“Morning,” I greet back.

“Jungjoo, why don’t you work with us for today?” Hyorin’s mom offers me.

“Sure, why not. You don’t have to pay,” I agree.

“We’ll just pay you around $30 and free coffee for today,” she says. “Just accept it.”

 

 

The morning becomes afternoon pretty quick, I can get use to this kind of job. Well I’ve been thinking to open a business on my own.

Making some coffee, greeting kindly to customers and mostly looking at how Hyorin does her job. I have nothing better to do, I already finish most of my homework’s and classwork’s that I haven’t finish in class.

 

Standing in front of the cashier somehow makes me nervous, there’s just so many buttons on the screen to tap and words that look like in a different language to choose from.

 

“Hi, can I have a cold cappuccino medium size to go,” a customer orders.

“Sure,” I say without looking at the guy as I am distracted with the screen. “Hold on.”

 

When I look up to smile kindly, I freeze on my spot.

It’s none other than Kim Taehyung.

 

“You… work here?” he stutters.

“Oh, no I don’t. I’m just here… not working but working,” I scratch my head, I think I made myself confuse. “For Hyorin… uhh…”

Crap, I don’t know what to say. He’s standing in front of me! Is now the good time to talk or something?

 

Is he the type to talk about a serious or certain topic? But there’s nothing to say to him… but there IS something to say to him!

 

“Alright,” he nods and laughs silently. “Umm, don’t forget about my drink. I’ll be sitting.” He pays and tells me to keep the change.

 

I then make my way to make his drink, Hyorin is nowhere to be found and I am the only one who’s behind the counter.

Looking at the cup when I finish making his drink, I have an idea to put some words on a sticky note and stick it on the cup. Great idea, I hope.

 

Walking out of the counter with Taehyung’s drink on my hand, I stop and think if what I am doing is right. For god’s sake, it’s just a cup with my note on it, it won’t hurt.

Whatever just put yourself out there Jungjoo. It doesn’t hurt to be out there.

 

I muster everything I have in me and place his drink without trying to make a fool of myself. Getting closer… closer… I think I am hyperventilating over nothing.

As I reach his table, he puts his phone away and smiles at me. I smile back and put his drink on the table and turn around to walk away from the world.

 

“Jungjoo,” his voice makes me freeze.

I change the expression on my face, from whatever expression I am making to a kind staff that’s apparently working.

“Hmm?” I hum in response. Great, what a great way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter