Goodnight Killjoys

Danger Days

 

AN: Hey guys! please please don't kill me for this chapter! i know some of you will!! TT^TT There's only one more chapter then this will be finished! I thank all of you that have been with me since the start of this, and have been patient with me for slow updates and stuff.

Please enjoy! <3

Just to warn you, this chapter includes charcater death!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

We were staring at Heechul’s base as the wind picked up and sand whirled around us, making it dry and the heat unbearable.  I looked to the others, all preparing their guns, my ears picking up the sound of them cocking their machines. As I turned back, my eyes hardened and a determined expression settled on my face.

We’re almost there Wookie, just hang in there.

I signalled for everyone to start moving, treading through the red hot sand. These part of the sands I have yet to tread on since KangIn was killed, it brought back floods of memories and I had to bite my lip hard to try not to let the tears form. Heechul’s voice kept haunting my mind.

Just keep running.

I frowned.

No. Not today. Not ever again.

As we neared the base, Heezoid guards burst out from the doors, weapons ready and aimed, but we were just as quick. Whilst still walking briskly, we aimed our guns and shot quickly, through their shoulders, scraping their arms, legs anything just to get past. We all broke into a run, going through the doorways, searching down passages just trying to find any sign of Ryeowook.

We all suddenly stopped as a shrill ringing filled our ears and blinding lights flashed. Crap. I grunted and carried on running, shooting more Heezoids on the way, I didn’t even bother to look if the others were following. We needed to get out and get out now!

Random room numbers flashed past me, I could hear shouting voices but I ignored them, deafened by my stubbornness. I ran past a glass cage and skidded to a stop. Ryeowook. I stared in, my breath slightly fogging up the glass. I took a step back and shot through the glass making it shatter.

“Hyung!” I ran up to Ryeowook and wrapped my arms around him, squeezing him gently, I felt him grip onto my coat as he buried his face into my chest. I gently his head.

“It’s alright Wookie, we’ll get you home.” I said over the deafening alarm, I pulled him back slightly. “We need to go now.” He nodded at me and we both turned around, me gripping onto his hand, to see that the others had caught up with me. Yesung looked at both of us and nodded.

“Lets go home.” I smiled at all of them and began running again, down hall ways trying to find our way out. I stopped a glass and ran to it only to find out that it was chained up and locked. I groaned out loud in frustration.

I knew that it was too easy.

“Nah nah nah… Who said you could go yet?” We all turned to see the smirking Heechul with Sungmin, Kibum and that weird looking Heezoid, whose head was tilted to the side, stood either side of him. Heechul tapped his gun against the side of his leg before it almost lovingly. “Now, where would be the fun in that?” I glared at him and he slowly brought his gun to level with my eyes. “Get that damn look off your face JungSu.” He then fired a warning shot but I didn’t flinch, Ryeowook gripped onto my jacket tightly. More Heezoids appeared near Heechul, I bit my lip.

KangIn. I might be joining you soon, please wait for me.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Suddenly, I pushed Ryeowook to the ground and fired rapidly, closely followed by guns shots flying past me in both directions. I walked forward, eyes set on Heechul, shooting random Heezoids around me when I was tackled to the ground. Pain shot up through my back and I stared at the culprit and was surprised to see the weird looking Heezoid. His mask was completely white bar the eye holes, his eyes stared at me, looking through me. I saw the shots flying past us, the Heezoid was looking around so I took advantage and flipped us over so I was straddling him with my gun pointed at his forehead.  His eyes were staring into mine again, they almost looked… pleading, I took a quick look around, finding most of the Heezoids now lying on the floor, either groaning in pain or pools of blood around them. The grip on my gun tightened until the knuckles were white. I stared at the Heezoid, gulped loudly then shot them in the forehead.

A scream.

A hair raising scream.

With shaky hands, I tentatively pulled back the mask and my eyes widened.

No.

No!

A hand grabbed my hair and pulled me back, bringing me roughly to my feet and I felt the pressure of the cold gun being pressed against under my chin.

“H-Hangeng…” I just killed Hangeng. He was still alive but under Heechul’s control.

I just killed Hangeng.

I heard a whimper from the man that had a grip on my hair, he roughly tugged on it tilting my head back so I could look at him. It was Heechul, tears were streaming down his face as he stared at Hangeng’s now cold body. His eyes darted towards me and narrowed. A faint smile appeared on my face.

“Now you know how it feels.” I whispered to him.

BANG!

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

 

I had just finished putting a bullet in a Heezoids head when I heard the loud gun shot. I looked up to just see Heechul releasing his grip on Leeteuk hyung’s hair, his now limp body crash to the floor, blood seeping out of his neck. My eyes widened.

No, this can’t be happening.

I shouted in anguish and fired at Heechul, crippling his knee. I was about to step towards him when sharp pain burned into my back, I tried to turn around quickly but the pain was too great and another slice was taken from my cheek.

Blood trickled down my cheek as I stared into those familiar eyes once again, once were to kind and loving now stone cold just like his blade which the tip was pointed at my throat.  I gulped as I stared deep into those eyes that I used to love.

“Minnie…” He pressed his blade lightly against my throat, breaking skin.

“Don’t make this harder on me Kyu.” He lowered his blade, I blinked slowly.

“Har-“ I was silenced as his lips covered mine before he plunged his blade into my abdomen. He backed up slightly, looking me in the eyes as his start to fill with tears. I coughed and blood came out of my mouth.

“I-I’m sorry Kyu…” He grabbed my gun, putting it against forehead and pulled the trigger.

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************8

 

I turned to see Kyuhyun and Leeteuk lying on the floor with blood around them, my eyes widened, I turned to Yesung and Ryeowook and signalled towards the door.

“Out! Run now!” Ryeowook’s eyes widened and he started to run towards the door, I was faster and got there first, shooting the chains off and unlocking the door, pushing the door open. “Out, go!” Yesung gently pushed Ryeowook out the door to the now cold night, as soon as they were both outside I shut the door locking it, them outside and me inside.

“NO!” Ryeowook shouted and tried to run back but Yesung pulled him away and they tried to run but were followed by Heezoids. I stared out of the glass mouthing ‘I’m sorry’ then turned back around, a frown forming on my face.

“This is for Kyu and Teukkie you bastards!” I fired as quick as I could, trying not to feel the pain in my left shoulder as I was shot, ripping through it. I winced and carried on, my knees buckled underneath me as I hit the ground hard.

The pain ripped through me and I just laid there and thought about that monkey waiting for me back at the base. The monkey I won’t be able to see again. A small smiled played on my lips and my vision stared to blur, salty tears rolling down my face. I slowly began to close my eyes, letting the pain take over, my body becoming numb.

I love you Hyukkie.

The darkness took over me.

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************

 

I kept pulling Ryeowook away from the base, trying to get him as far away from danger as possible but the Heezoids kept following us. I turned to shoot at them so I lost my grip on Ryeowook, who stumbled and fell onto the sand, I tried to stand him up but they kept firing at us. My eyes darted around and I pulled him to his feet and gently pushed him.

“Go!”

“But, hyung!”

“Just go! You need to be safe! Someone will come get you!” Ryeowook just stared at me with those innocent eyes and I looked at him and bit my lip, gently pressing my lips to his forehead I pushed him once again and this time he obeyed and ran.

I turned back to the Heezoids, just about to fire when a gun was put against the back of my head.

“Back off, he’s mine.” A deep voice said.

Kibum.

“It’s nice to see you again hyung, too bad it’s not for that long.” I gulped.

“Just get it over and done with Kibum.” He chuckled darkly.

“With pleasure.” I felt the gun press against my head before my body fell to the floor cold.

 

********************************************************************************************************************

 

I heard a loud bang and I turned back to where Yesung was, I was too far now to see him.

“Hyung…” Tears rolled down my cheeks. “T-They all… They’re gone… All for me…”

I heard running and looked to see the Heezoids running towards me, my eyes widened and I start to run as fast as I could. I had no weapon on me so I couldn’t fight. I looked around trying to find some sort of salvation and when it came, I was glad. Siwon came gliding up to me on his roller blades with Eunhyuk following after, Eunhyuk started to shoot at the Heezoids whilst Siwon picked me up.

“The others will follow, come on.” Eunhyuk indicated, starting to glide off, Siwon and me following, I gulped at Eunhyuk’s words.

“N-No they won’t.” Eunhyuk looked back at me confused. “T-They’re gone.” His eyes widened along with Siwon’s. Eunhyuk turned to face forward, safe to say the rest of the trip back to base was silent apart from the sniffs and sobs that came from Eunhyuk.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************

 

I was just putting the last touches on each grave when I felt something I haven’t for a long time, water landing on my cheek. I look up to see that the sky was nearly black, rain droplets now falling from the sky, I smile weakly.

“Leeteuk hyung loved the rain, said he was born whilst it was raining. I almost forgot how it felt.” I looked back to the graves as my clothes slowly started to become soaked through, I looked at my hands to see the dirty rabbit toy that Leeteuk hyung found me with, I gently placed it on his grave. “Enjoy the rain hyung, make sure you keep everyone in line up there. I bet you’re happy, you get to see KangIn again after so long.” I gulped, trying to be strong. “Please look after Yesung, Donghae and Kyuhyun. I know they could be hard work but they loved you.” I bowed before each grave before getting up and turning around, walking back to the base, my tears mixing with the rain.

Sweet dreams forever Killjoys.