The Kids From Yesterday

Danger Days

A/N: Banner is by kyubby ^^

 

My gun loaded and ready to fire, I ran down the corridors towards the infirmary, my group behind me. My heart was pounding in my chest, flames of anger burning. How dare Heechul attack those who are the most vulnerable!

We burst into the room only to find the whole place in shambles. Tables turned upside down, papers scattered across the floor, windows smashed and scratches on the walls. The place was a mess. My eyes flittered around the room, the grip on my gun tightening.

"Be careful everyone, they could be anywhere."

"Yes hyung!" Everyone said in unison apart from Ryeowook who whimpered.

Donghae carefully started to pick up the papers and sighed heavily.

"All the work Henry did… just gone to waste."

"Oh, so it was Henry that works in the infirmary? How cute! Too bad he wasn't at his post." A sweet voice echoed around the room. Kyuhyun's eyes widened.

"H-How? Where are you?!"

From behind a wall stepped out a man of small stature, carrying a katana. His messy black hair covered with a beanie, almond shaped eyes black holes into his true personality, his lips curved up into a smirk, showing off his white teeth. His neck was coloured in colourful flower tattoos, blue, red, yellow and black.

"You're still with them Kyu? How novel." Kyuhyun gulped loudly.

"Min… how could you?" A light laugh graced Sungmin's lips.

"How could I not? Messing up this place, it sounded like so much fun!"

Sungmin, also known as Steel Bunny. He was always the sweetest boy out of all the Killjoys, but it was just a mask. His true personality was dark and I don't know why I didn't see it earlier. He was the only one that could put up with Kyuhyun's anti-social behaviour, he played with Ryeowook when no one else would. He just wanted to earn our trust so he could break it, which he did, broke Kyuhyun's heart too. He's a deadly weapon, his sweet looks draw you in then he stabs you right through with his katana.

"This place was once your home! You fought with us!" Kyuhyun shouted at him.

"Kyuhyun! Don't let the past get in the way!" Yesung told him, pointing his gun at Sungmin. Sungmin just cackled, then he was gone in a blink of an eye. We all started turning our heads, trying to see if we could find him. No luck.

Dammit!

A sudden cry of pain was brought our attention. Kyuhyun was pinned against a wall by Sungmin, in one hand Sungmin had his blade pressed against Kyuhyun's neck the other holding Kyuhyun's gun pointing it in our direction. Kyuhyun's face was twisted in pain, his left leg was sliced open quite badly, blood seeping through his trousers and dripping onto the floor creating a little puddle.

Ryeowook gasped in shock and gripped tightly onto Yesung.

"Anyone makes a wrong move and Kyunnie gets it." Sungmin stated. We all nodded but had our guns pointed at him.

"Min… y-you don't… have to do…this…" Kyuhyun croaked out. Sungmin pressed his blade harder onto Kyuhyun's neck, breaking skin.

"Shut up Kyu, what I said goes for you too." Kyuhyun winced slightly. I bit my lip hard.

How are we going to get Kyu away from Sungmin safely?

Suddenly Yesung fired his gun at Sungmin's leg. Sungmin cried out in pain then slashed across Kyuhyun's chest causing Kyuhyun to let out of strangled cry before sliding down to the floor.

"I-I hope you're all happy." Sungmin bit his lip then disappeared for good this time. Everyone ran towards the now unconscious Kyuhyun. I lightly slapped his cheek.

"Kyu? Kyu, can you hear me?" He groaned in pain but didn't wake up. "He needs to get to Henry. Now!" Yesung and Donghae carefully picked him up whilst Ryeowook gripped onto my sleeve.

"Will he be alright hyung?" Ryeowook questioned. I smiled at him.

"He'll be fine Wookie, don't you worry." I lightly his hair. I hate lying to Ryeowook, but if it's what I have to do to keep him happy, then I have to do it.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

When we finally found Henry, he was with ZhouMi in the broadcasting station. I stormed up to Henry.

"Why weren't you at your post?!" Henry looked at me with wide eyes.

"Gege, how do you think Shindong could broadcast that warning?" I turned to look at ZhouMi, his mile long legs spread out across half of the room.

ZhouMi, also known as DJ Honey, is one of the 4 broadcasters at the Killjoys base. He's in charge of telling us when the meals are ready and when it's time to wake up or go to sleep. ZhouMi isn't a fighter so this was the only job I could give him, that and making sure we look alright. To be honest I don't really care as long as we're covered up, but ZhouMi insists on looking 'fabulous' so chooses what we wear.

I sighed heavily. I looked back at Henry.

"Kyu's hurt. Bad. We need you to do what you can." Henry could only nod at me, fear still stuck on his face. Henry quickly cleared table space for Donghae and Yesung to lay Kyuhyun down on. I could see Kyuhyun's chest rise and fall, but it wasn't steady. There were hitches when pain struck through him.

Henry quickly checked him over then left, coming back swiftly with a large bad filled with goodness knows what. He dug through the bag, bringing out a syringe filled with a clear liquid. Pushing it, he tapped it to remove the extra air, then stuck the needle into Kyuhyun's arm, emptying out the contents. He brought out wipes and bandages, gently wiping any cuts that Kyuhyun had, and wrapping up his leg. Asking Yesung to hold Kyuhyun up, he wrapped bandages around Kyuhyun's torso then had Yesung gently laid him back down.

"The cuts were deep, clean… Who did it?" We all looked at each other. Ryeowook was still scared stiff, he'd never seen a fight. I took a deep breath.

"Sungmin…" Henry's and ZhouMi's eyes widened.

"S-Sungmin? H-How?" I shrugged, shaking my head.

"He got past all our securities somehow… We've changed the layout since he, Heechul and Kibum left, so how he got in is a mystery to me."

"…Min…" We all turned to Kyuhyun who had started stirring. I walked over to him, moving the hair out of his face.

"Kyu, just rest for now…" He slowly looked up at me then his eyes closed.

How much help can I be if I can't even protect my own members? My own friends? The ones I love? Heechul's getting too sneaky now, getting into our base, breaking our things. He will pay, one way or another.