A New Moon looms ahead

The 14th Poem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NCT Blends

 

Doyoung's eyes widened in shock. He did not know how to respond to the young girl in front of him with blissful eyes locked on his. 

 

"Ah-ah-ah... yes, of course! I like Jae-jaehyun. He's a really nice guy." he said awkwardly. Sweat beads started forming on his skin and his heart thudded loudly against his chest. He reached for his cup of coffee and sipped the hot bitter liquid, hoping it would remove the tension inside him.

 

Mina covered with her right hand as she giggled at what her oppa said. Doyoung looked at him with a puzzled face, putting his coffee back on the table. 

 

"Did I say something funny?" he asked. His anxiety was growing stronger as he stared at his friend.

 

"No Doyoung-oppa. Sorry." Mina laughed again. "Your face looked so cute oh my god." 

 

"Huh? You're so weird Mina-san." Doyoung laughed along this time. He thought his friend was just really making fun of him. Mina's next words blew his mind off his head.

 

"I know you have a crush on Jahyun," she paused and looked directly at Doyoung's eyes. "...Doyoung-oppa."

 

Doyoung gripped on the edge of his seat tightly. His mind went blank after hearing those words come out of Mina's lips. It felt almost like the whole world around them stopped and they both stared seriously at each other for several seconds. Mina broke the staring match and the deafening silence between them. She returned to her former cheerful persona and smiled at her oppa.

 

"Oppa, don't worry. I'm not mad at you or something. I'm actually happy." Doyoung felt sadness in Mina's eyes despite her smile. It made him feel more confused and worried at the same time.

 

Doyoung was not able to manage his feelings and thoughts. He blurted out a question he did not really want to say. "How did you know?" He mentally cursed himself for confirming Mina's accusation.

 

"It's in the way you change when he's around. I don't know if Ten-oppa and Winwin noticed it too but you know, it's like a girl's thing, like a highly accurate hunch especially when it comes to boys." She answered directly.

 

Just like always, Mina got him all figured out. Doyoung was dumbfounded at her words. he took another sip of the now cold coffee and spoke after clearing his throat. "Just like always, you're one step ahead of me again. Hahaha." His laugh was empty. "I'm sorry. I started having a crush on him ever since he went here then you suddenly introduced him as your boyfriend. I didn't know, Mina. Trust me." he reached out and grabbed Mina's hands, clasping them together tightly around his. He looked her sincerely. "I'm sorry. Please don't be mad at me. It's just a crush, it's nothing big and I so love the two of you and actually..."

 

Mina pulled out her hands from Doyoung's grip and covered his mouth. "Oppa! you're overreacting. I did not even say that I'm angry. Haha. It's totally fine don't worry." The girl smiled at her friend who she actually treats like her older brother. The two have grown so close to another ever since that sudden magical moment of dance and music they shared the first time they met. Doyoung has always been by Mina's side and helped her cope with the people and environment in Korea. Mina, on the other hand, serves as his little sister who cheers him up whenever he's down. Their bond is not something worth throwing just because of one guy.

 

"I was just so worried that you're angry at me."

 

Mina leaned back on her seat and heaved a huge sigh. "Oppa, I should be the one who should be saying sorry." 

 

"Why?" he asked in a puzzled tone, he tilted his head slightly to the right and his eyebrows met as he spoke.

 

"I did not tell you the whole story about us."

 

"Us? As in you and Jaehyun?"

 

Mina took a sip of her coffee before speaking again. Doyoung noticed that she suddenly looked nervous and uncomfortable now. "We're actually together because our parents want us to have an arranged marriage. It's a long story but basically it's for the businesses of both families. We were told about it ever since we were young that's why we don't have a choice but to date each other." Mina said in a shaky voice. Doyoung even noticed that her eyes started to become watery.

 

Doyoung's mouth hinged open for a few seconds before he could actually respond. "Wow... i didn't know that there are still arranged marriages these days. You two sure are rich people, whew!" he wiped his sweaty forehead with a handkerchief. "Wait, but you love each other anyway, right?"

 

Mina looked down and bit her lower lip. It seemed like she didn't want to meet his gaze. 

 

"Mina? Are you okay? Don't be shy I won't be hurt, you can say you love him in my face" Doyoung chuckled.

 

She looked up at him. "That's the problem oppa, I actually love someone else."

 

Doyoung almost spilled the coffee he's finishing. His eyes grew as wide as they can and his heart started to pump violently against his chest once again. "Oh my god Mina! Who? Are you serious? How could you not like Jaehyun? He's so handsome, he's nice, he's tall, he's smart, he's athletic, he's talented, he's..." Doyoung stopped and stared at Mina who started giggling at her oppa's cute gestures. Doyoung's cheeks blushed out of embarrassment. He did not realize that he just fan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter