A Dance of Senses

The 14th Poem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SM Academy

 

"Good morning everyone! My name is Jung Yoon Oh but please just call me Jaehyun. Nice to meet you." 

Doyoung looked at his crush that morning with much disbelief drawn on his face. His heart beated so swiftly he felt like any moment his chest will burst and splatters of blood and flesh will hit the faces of his giggling and squealing female classmates. The sight of Jaehyun may leave anyone questioning if he or she is already in heaven, and of course, the girls in Doyoung's class are no exemption.

Jaehyun politely bowed to his new classmates, glancing at Winwin and then to Doyoung, before taking the seat he was assigned to. Now, Doyoung and Jaehyun are one chair apart from each other from Doyoung's left. 

'Mina never told us that he would transfer here.' Doyoung thought as he followed Jaehyun put down his stuff and take his seat with his eyes. He spared a look at Winwin who was seating behind Jaehyun. The Chinese gave him a toothy smile and mouthed "Let's invite him to have lunch with us later" at Doyoung. The orange-haired guy gave his friend a half smile and a quick nod before turning his face back to his teacher. 

 

 

Kim's Residence (The night Mina introduced Jaehyun to Winwin and Doyoung)

 

Doyoung lied down on his bed without even changing his shirt. He looked at his room's ceiling, completely dazed and his mind filled with questions he was deciding if he really needs the answers to. He placed both of his hands under his head and started reminiscing about what happened earlier at the cafe.  

He was hopeful that neither of his friends noticed, most especially Jung Yoon Oh himself, that ever since the handsome guy from US joined tables with them, Doyoung grew silent. He just didn't know how to react. He remembered an old nursery rhyme they used to sing in kindergarten, 'It's a small world after all...'

Indeed it was such a small world for Kim Dong Young. It's as if having a crush almost impossible to have is bad enough, now he found out that the man of his dreams is his closest female friend's boyfriend. "What a sad life you have Kim Doyoung, such tragic life. Shakespeare must have written your love story." he uttered to himself bitterly and heaved a deep sigh right after. 

Back at the coffee shop earlier, Mina just started to talk about Jaehyun, that he's been staying in America for four years already, and that he loves cooking, dancing, singing, and playing the piano. Mina added that nowadays, her boyfriend is really into sports like swimming and basketball. Winwin was just throwing some weird questions form time to time like "How do you do all of that? Don't you study?", "Why can you still speak in Korean fluently?", and "Is it colder there, in America?" which the couple just giggled to, adoring the ever adorable SiCheng. Doyoung, on the other hand, just exchanged faint smiles and abrupt chuckles with his friends. Forcefully trying not to stare at his friend's boyfriend too much. After few minutes, Doyoung just excused himself from the group to go back to work, which was actually just an alibi to not prolong his struggles anymore, and he soon bade goodbye to the three. Taehyung noticed the shift in Doyoung's mood again that night.

"How could he be so perfect?" Doyoung asked the thin air in his room. He raised his body from his bed and stared blankly in the room, his doe eyes blinking several times. He raised his hand and slapped his face several times. "Wake up Doyoung! He's not yours to begin with ugh!" His cheeks became rosy and he almost felt tears in his eyes. He closed his eyes and inhaled as deeply as he could. The cold oxygen slid against his nose and lungs and that particular breath was almost painful but he exhaled peacefully anyway. He actually felt better and calmer after that. 

"Fighting Kim Dong Young! You can forget about having a crush on that guy! You can do it!" His right hand formed a fist in the air and he channeled all the motivation he can get from his system. 

Before sleeping that night he whispered to himself, "How could they possibly be so perfect together?"

 

SM Academy

 

During lunch time, Jaehyun surprised both Winwin and Doyoung when he asked the two to have lunch with him. It seemed like the plan of the couple anyway as they saw Mina and Ten waiting for them in the cafeteria. Jaehyun sat beside Mina while the three friends sat opposite them. Almost all students were looking at the squad, most of them trying to take glances of the new handsome student, others were gossiping about Mina and why Jaehyun was holding her hands while the group ate together.

"You sure are an attention magnet, aren't you?" Ten said to Jaehyun, looking at the students staring at them.

Jaehyun just smiled and started digging his food. Doyoung did not seem to mind the gossiping students, he was actually prepared for it ever since the reaction of their class earlier. The other students chatting and murmuring subsided after some time and the group finally had the chance to talk less awkwardly. 

"Omo, I feel like a celebrity. Everyone's staring at us earlier!" Winwin exclaimed. 

"WInwin aren't you used to that already? You're always with the hottest guy in campus, you should be used to that amount of attention already." Ten put his arm around Sicheng's shoulders.

Mina covered as she chuckled a little from Ten's exhibit of extreme confidence while Jaehyun simply smiled. Doyoung rolled his eyes and halted a bit after seeing Jaehyun's full blown smile. He is such an angel.

'Oh Lord, an angel has escaped heaven, please get him back there. I can't continue being sinful like this. Mina is my friend.' he thought to himself, loosening his collar and clearing his throat while talking to himself.

"Well, it's the first day of Jaehyun in the campus and it's the first time we've eaten in the cafeteria together, how could I be used to that instantly?" Winwin asked Ten with a puzzled face. Ten removed his arm from the Chinese's shoulders and uttered a low growl of frustration. The couple in front of them cracked a big laughter while Doyoung patted Ten's back trying to hold his own laughter. Winwin looked at them cluelessly, a half smile on his face unsure whether he shoud be laughing with them or not.

"Winwin, you're one of the most adorable persons I've ever met." Jaehyun said still smiling, totally unaware that his dimples and eye smile could be the death of Kim Dong Young who was unconsciously staring at him.

"Really!? I really like you too Jaehyun-ah! I want to be as handsome as you are!" the Chinese guy quickly forgotten about his foolishness earlier. Ten was also just laughing it off as soon as he noticed Winwin was completely amazed by Jaehyun.

Mina broke off the immensely blissful atmosphere. "Guys, are you free later after class?" She said while wiping her lips with table napkin.

"Yes why!?" Ten asked, excitement overflowing in his eyes.

"I'm free as well." Winwin said.

Doyoung looked at his two friends and turned to the couple in front of him. He caught both of them looking at him anticipating an answer. Doyoung processed Mina's question quickly and thought that she might be planning to go somewhere with the whole squad plus Jaehyun. He thought of a good excuse not to come with them. Homeworks? No, they didn't have homework that day, Winwin would know that as well even if he lied. Doyoung thought of lying about going to work.

"It's your dayoff today Doyoung-oppa isn't it? Come with us, we will go to the mall and help buy Jaehyun new clothes. He didn't bring much on his way here in Korea." Mina said. As usual, Mina is always ahead of him in thinking. Doyoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter