Prologue: Vanilla Iced Coffee

The 14th Poem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever felt like you don't know yourself anymore?

It started when I was at my part-time job in a somehow new coffee shop near our school. I was almost done with my shift when a customer I've never seen before entered the cafe. He was wearing a simple plain black shirt with its front tucked in his denim pants partnered with black expensive-looking sneakers which I totally dig. The guy's hair has a deep brown color that reminded me of iced americano coffee which I just brewed minutes ago. I gulped several times as I saw him took several steps towards me, his eyes scanning every corners of the cafe.

"Good evening sir! Welcome to NCT Blends! I'm Doyoung, what's your order?" I said in a bit of a higher pitch than my usual. I didn't know why but just looking at him made me feel nervous. My palms were sweating and my knees were trembling a bit as he looked at me. He smiled and my heart dropped. I swear he must have noticed how my eyes grew larger and my mouth opened and left ajar for several seconds. His expression changed a bit after I came back to my senses and tried to put an awkward smile again.

" Are you okay?" he asked with a concerned tone.

"Yes sir, I'm fine I'm sorry. Just a bit tired I guess, haha." I just tried to laugh it off to pass that awkward brief moment.

He smiled again and I swear his dimples and eyes could be the death of me. "I want one order of vanilla iced coffee please, and two cinnamon rolls. Thank you!"

"Anything else you'd like to add Sir?"

He shook his head.

"May I get your name Sir?"

"It's Jung Yoon Oh, but please just put Jaehyun" He smiled again. "Nice to meet you Doyoung." He offered a handshake.

In my two months of working here in this cafe I've never experienced this kind of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter