Until whenever

I Am A Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before you start reading please everyone thank kawaiipandariri for creating the beautiful cover for this story~ It's perfect isn't it? She's so talented and I'm really thankful that she helped me out! Okay, now you may proceed lol

 

 

 

 

„I can not believe this…“

„Ji, you’ve said that at least twenty times this morning and probably a thousand times yesterday. And don’t get me started on the day before-“

„But I can not believe it. Just… I can not believe it.“

„I get it, you can stop now.“

 

Youngbae sighed and patted the younger man’s shoulder. 

Jiyong sat on the bed of his hotel room, suitcases packed in front of his feet, and cupped his own cheeks with his elbows resting on his knees.

 

He couldn’t believe it.

 

In less than an hour he’d meet him at the airport, ready to fly to South Korea in order to visit their hometown together so they could talk about their past and what they had missed out on. Honestly, it felt like a dream and Jiyong was so scared he could wake up, that he couldn’t enjoy it as much as he should.

Youngbae told him to just be happy and not to think too much but for the designer the whole thing felt so unreal. He hadn’t seen nor heard from Seungri for over twenty years, he had never thought that he’d ever get the chance to meet him again and yet, he found him at a club in HongKong. How could you blame him from fearing that it would all disappear like it did before?

 

„Oh buddy, don’t look so devastated, shouldn’t this be an occasion to be all smiley and upbeat?“

„Yeah, it should.“

„Then stop pouting and get your up so we can get ready to leave. Don’t want to keep your boyfriend waiting, right?“ The older of the two teased as he poked Jiyong’s side, who started blushing furiously.

„He is not my boyfriend!“  

„Right, of course he’s not.“

 

The interpreter smirked and raised his eyebrows in disbelieve before he made his way out of the room to gather his own belongings, there was no way he could deal with his best friend any longer.

 

Jiyong had been texting with Seungri quite a bit since the night the met, the younger had made sure to give him his number so they wouldn’t lose sight of each other again. Though, the designer had been busy the previous day as it was packed with numerous schedules, now he couldn’t be happier that he had stuffed them all in one day when he planned his trip beforehand. He couldn’t have known that he’d meet the other half of his soul but to everyones disbelieve he did and now he had enough time to spend uninterrupted time with him before he had to go back to the States.

Which was another issue.

What would their future look like? Of course it wasn’t said they would end up as a couple (though Seungri made his intentions clear) because after all these years they didn’t know each other anymore, at all. But even if they turned out to be attracted to each other, how was it possible for them to be together?

Jiyong didn’t know where Seungri lived but he assumed it wouldn’t be close to him, perhaps even here in HongKong, and that would be a major problem. It was a major problem in general because he didn’t want to be separated from the other again, at least not by such an immense distance, no matter what relationship they had.

 

„JI, GET YOUR UP! WE HAVE TO LEAVE!“ Came the yelling from the outside of his room and in a rush, the younger gathered his stuff before bolting out of the door, not even daring to let his mind wander again because if he did he would miss his flight for sure.

„Sorry, I was lost in thoughts!“ He huffed and followed his best friend.

„Some things just never change, huh? There hasn’t been one time where you didn’t stress yourself because you were late.“

„Sorry, sorry.“

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

„Where is he?“ Jiyong asked anxiously while biting his lower lip. „It’s been thirty minutes. What if he forgot?“

„Have you tried texting him?“ Youngbae answered with his calmness, something that the younger really needed at that moment.

„Yes but the message didn’t even reach his phone. Bae, what if he won’t come? What if he really forgot, or even worse, what if he doesn’t want to come?!“

„Calm down, Ji!“

„What if he didn’t really want to meet me again in the first place?! Or what if he-“

„HEY!“

 

The two best friends turned their heads in the direction of the sudden noise to see a man with white messy hair, sweatpants and a hoody running towards them.

 

„Sorry that I’m late.“ He said casually. 

„What took you so long?“ Youngbae scolded but pulled the youngest of them in a short embrace anyway.

„Nothing really, I’m just generally late to everything.“

 

Youngbae groaned in annoyance as he let go and threw Jiyong, who smirked cheekily, a stare.

 

„Not you too, I already have someone of that kind right here.“

 

Seungri laughed and walked towards Jiyong before they wrapped their arms around each other in a more intimate embrace than the one before.

It felt good, Jiyong noted, so much better than all the times he had been alone, merely thinking about how it would feel to be so close to him again. And this time it felt real, not like a dream but like reality.

 

„Ew, you guys, at least wait until I’m out of sight.“ Youngbae made a puking sound before he turned away. „Come on, we probably have to board the plane soon.“

 

Seungri only giggled, a sound that hadn’t changed much over the years, and let go of Jiyong reluctantly. But when the older of the two wanted to follow his best friend, a hand grabbed his and held him back only so he could feel a nose nuzzling against his cheek for a few seconds. 

Jiyong’s heart beat increased dramatically and those stupid butterflies went crazy as hell, even when Seungri pulled away it just didn’t stop, which was probably because his hand stayed were it was; intertwined with Jiyong’s.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

Youngbae must’ve really had enough of their because at some point during the flight he had put on his headphones and laid a spare t-shirt over his face. In other words, he didn’t want to see neither hear anything of what they were doing or saying. Good thing Seungri sat at the window and Jiyong in the middle, so they could successfully seclude themselves from him.

 

„Hyung, you said you still have my panda plushy, right?“

„Yeah, I even have it with me.“

„…Are you kidding me?“

„No?“

„Why would you take a panda plushy with you on a business trip?“

„Why would you wear a necklace that you were given as a child?“

„…“

„…“

„This is really weird, I never really believed in fate as such but that is just really ing weird.“

„Couldn’t agree more. Wait a second…“ 

 

Jiyong grabbed his bag and pulled it onto his lap before zipping it open and looking through its content. He rummaged in it a bit until let out a knowing „AH!“ and pulled out what he had been searching for.

 

„Here.“

„Oh my god!“ Seungri squealed and reached for the stuffed toy. „It’s way smaller than I remembered it to be!“

„Of course, you were a midget back then, such a little gnome.“

„Hey! I’m taller than you!“

„Yeah, now.“ Jiyong laughed out and settled back in his seat while watching the other observing the panda plushy.

 

He really was beautiful. 

Seungri had a smile like no one else, blinding and a little crooked with straight white teeth and the corners of his lips slightly curled upwards like those of a cat. His eyes were the tiniest bit droopy but always radiated adoration and happiness. And then there were the dark circles, still in place but  only adding to the charms of their owner, nothing could disfigure that gorgeous face, everything was as it was supposed to be and it looked just perfect to Jiyong. 

It wasn’t a wonder to the older that he had recognized Seungri, his features were somehow still the same as they were when he was four, only matured in a grown up and manly way.

Jiyong definitely saw Baby Ri in the now 26 year old but on the other hand it was also pretty hard. 

Because… that . And chest. And everything else. None of those things looked like they belonged to a child, at all, and Jiyong thought that if Seungri didn’t look like a greek god than he didn’t know who did.

 

After all of those realizations, Jiyong really couldn’t be blamed when he reached out and ran the tips of his fingers over the soft skin of Seungri’s cheeks, jaw and neck. He didn’t even notice what he was doing until his eyes flickered to those of the younger and saw how he smirked at him with his lopsided grin.

 

„Hyung, shouldn’t we wait with that until we have a room to ourselves?“

 

Jiyong pulled his hand away immediately and averted his gaze as he could feel his face heat up. Seungri had become quite naughty, hadn’t he?

The blonde obviously was having none of it though because he leant his head on the other’s shoulder and took Jiyong’s hand yet again. It was like a mutual agreement that they had to have physical contact at all times to make up for the years they couldn’t do so.

 

„I missed you a lot, Ji.“

„I missed you too, a lot. I never thought I’d see you again.“

„Mmh.“ Seungri hummed in approval and closed his eyes sleepily. „I wished we could’ve experienced things like this more often, just being together I mean.“

 

And again Jiyong couldn’t agree more.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

„Finally, this flight took forever and the car ride wasn’t any better!“ Youngbae muttered as they stepped out of the car and walked ahead to the small hotel they’d stay at for a few nights. 

 

Jiyong had booked three rooms, for each person one, and when he told his friends Seungri had started pouting, saying it wasn’t like they never slept in a room together, indicating how they had shared beds when they were kids.

Jiyong left it at that anyways, it was better to be safe and have a room each.

 

„You think so? I think the time went by quickly.“ Seungri beamed.

„That’s because the both of you kept talking nonsense the entire time.“

„Hey, we never talk nonsense!“

„At least you’ve found each other to talk about stuff like that, I had to listen to Jiyong’s pointless rants for years and I never understood them.“

„Hey!“ Jiyong barked but found himself in Youngbae’s headlock.

„What ’hey’, I’ve told you numerous times that I never know what you’re talking about.“

 

After their playful bickering, the three men made their way into the hotel to check in. It really was small and only had two floors with about twenty rooms but what could you say, it was a small town so the difference to the hotel they stayed at in Hong Kong was pretty big. The woman at the counter was luckily very friendly therefore the whole process went by quickly, allowing the men to move on to go to their individual rooms right away.

 

„Are you sure you don’t want to share a room with me?“ Seungri asked and wiggled his eyebrows to which Jiyong replied with a disgusted face.

„I’m good.“

„Aww, I bet that tonight you will change your mind.“

„OKAY BYE!“ Youngbae yelled annoyed and went straight up to his room, slamming the door shut behind him.

„I think we don’t have to ask hime out later.“ Seungri then concluded and shrugged. „Let’s meet here in fifteen minutes?“

„Sure.“

 

With a smile on his lips the designer watched the younger disappearing in his room before he himself entered his own and threw his luggage on his bed. The room wasn’t especially big, there was only a bed, a table with a chair and a tv, a little bathroom and a tiny walk in closet. Nothing out of the ordinary but he didn’t want to spend much time in here anyway.

Having noticed that the weather in South Korea was a bit warmer than in HongKong at that time, Jiyong got out a lighter sweater to wear, still with a shirt underneath because it was getting late and he would definitely stay outside with Seungri for a bit.

 

Before leaving the room again, Jiyong quickly wrote Youngbae that he’d go out with the younger and that they’d probably eat out as well, just in case he wondered.

Just a few seconds after that Youngbae replied saying he was going to visit relatives nearby so he would come back late as well and that he hoped his aunt would offer him food.

So that was settled at least, can’t have Youngbae becoming moody, a moody Bae was like the devil himself, no matter how kind he usually seemed to be.

 

With a quick glance in the mirror, Jiyong approved of his appearance and walked out of the door into the hallway where an overly attractive Seungri was already waiting for him.

 

„I thought you are always late? You still have two minutes.“ Jiyong grinned as he shut the door behind himself.

„Can’t make my date wait, right?“

„Date?“ The older laughed but he was sure that part of it was meant seriously.

„Of course! Hey, what do you think, should we go to the playground?“

„Sounds good, no, actually, let’s visit our old homes first, I want to know if something changed.“

„Oh, good idea! I haven’t seen mine in a long time.“

 

Exiting the hotel, the two men decided to walk to their houses by foot. The city wasn’t that big and they were lucky that the location of the hotel was relatively close to where they used to live, only about thirty minutes away.

 

„Somehow this area doesn’t seem familiar. I guess I was to small to remember the few times I’ve been here.“ Seungri mentioned when he looked around himself.

 

Jiyong did remember this part of their hometown but the memories were blurry, which was probably because he wasn’t here that many times. When they entered their old residential area, though, things became a lot more vivid. From the old buildings and big trees to the fields you could see in the far distance, the general sight seemed to be the same. 

Their hometown had always been on the rural side with forests around it and many fields. It did have quite a few stores but not those popular ones you would find in big cities.

 

One thing that Jiyong vaguely remembered was that his hometown was very accepting towards people of different kinds and when he became older and moved to America, his parents had told him the same. He guessed it was because the town originally used to be a tiny village for those with disabilities or other ’abnormalities’ in the earlier days. It’s said that families, who couldn’t or didn’t want to take care of their handicapped relatives, would have gotten rid off them by moving them into the small town. Over the time it hadn’t just been people with disabilities but also people that would today fall under the title of minorities, such as different races, LGBTQ+ supporters or people of different religions. He didn’t know if that story about the village was real though but he had heard it several times when he was younger.

Back then Jiyong had once met a black transgender woman with a stunning personality who had told him that she moved here because she was bullied in her old hometown and couldn’t defend herself from the insults. Since then Jiyong swore he would always try to protects others and himself if someone did them wrong, at that point he didn’t know that he, too, belonged to one of those minorities.

 

„Hyung?“

„What?“

„I asked you if you are hungry. Boy, you were in deep thoughts, weren’t you?“

„Yeah, I just thought about how lucky I am to have grown up here at least a part of my childhood.“

„I wish I could’ve stayed here longer as well. How unfortunate… So, are you hungry? There is a restaurant.“

„Hmm, not really. Also I’d love to eat waffles.“ Jiyong said with a smile as he walked past aforementioned restaurant.

„For dinner? Whatever, why not.“

 

They walked in silence for a few minutes, looking at their surroundings and comparing them to their memories. A lot had changed and a lot had not. There were a few new buildings and many had been renovated but there were also many that looked just the same. The main street had been renewed and there was a beautiful park where an old apartment complex used to be.

It was quiet but comfortable and Jiyong enjoyed the atmosphere around them, he was calm and felt relaxed in a way he thought he never had. That changed though the moment he felt a warm hand slipping into his.

 

„Old memories, you know?“ Seungri mumbled with the corners of his lips curled upwards. „I used to hold your hand all the time when we walked somewhere.“

 

Jiyong’s heart skipped one too many beats and at the same time he felt incredibly nostalgic. They were using the same way they did whenever they walked towards Seungri’s house and despite a few new details nothing had changed.

 

„Oh my- that’s our old house now?! I mean, I’ve been here before but the changes weren’t that obvious. The house is a bit bigger too, someone must’ve extended it slightly. And they bought the neighbor’s yard, look Jiyong, the neighbor’s house is gone!“ He still liked to ramble, so cute.

„I haven’t been here in some time, I didn’t know it had changed so much.“

 

The two men walked up towards the building and Seungri couldn’t help but notice his surroundings.

 

„Everything looks so much more beautiful, most of the buildings were either taken down or rehabilitated.“

„Seungri, look.“ Jiyong had barely listened to what he younger just said and instead pointed at a sign in front of the house. „Nobody is actually living here, it’s for sale again. God, that brings back horrible memories.“

„Horrible?“

„Yeah I still remember how I bawled my eyes out in front of your house when I saw the sign saying that it was up for sale, because that moment I lost most of my hopes of seeing you ever again.“

„Oh hyung…“ Seungri gave Jiyong’s hand a little squeeze and in return received a sad smile.

„I found you now, so I guess it’s alright.“

 

Seungri’s eyes dimmed at Jiyong’s words, feeling the pain the other had experienced that time, and tugged on his hand to indicate him that he wanted to leave.

 

„Come, I don’t want to see this anymore, let’s go to the playground. I want to tell you my side of the story.“

 

 

 

The childhood friends made their way to the play ground yet again in silence. Jiyong thought about the days he spent there without the younger and Seungri, well, perhaps he was contemplating the words he was about to say to him.

 

They arrived in mere minutes, after all the playground had always been close to Seungri’s home. They stopped walking for a short moment, taking in the sight of what used to be their favorite place to be, before continuing to walk towards the swings.

 

„Another thing that hasn’t changed.“

„It didn’t change at all.“

 

They sat down on the swings and only then they noticed just how much they had grown from not being able to reach the ground to having to crouch down even to be able to sit on them.

 

„You know, until the day you somehow found me I have always been thinking about how I would explain the situation to you if I ever got the chance to see you again. I never thought I would, but yet here I am. I thought about it a lot and too many times, I could’ve written an actual book about it and memorized it, but now that I am here with you right beside me, I can’t seem to remember a single word.“ Seungri began with his gaze was fixed at his feet.

 

„So honestly I don’t know how to begin but I want you to know what happened because, believe me, if I have had a choice, it wouldn’t have turned out the way it did.“

 

Jiyong listened silently, he had been waiting and wanting to know about the younger for ages, there was no way he would interrupt him now.

 

„Let’s just start with the day my parents, my sister and I went on vacation.“ 

 

 

 

 

 

 

„Have you packed your tights? Seungri? Are you listening?“ The boy’s mother came walking into his room after she didn’t receive an answer. Seungri sat on his little suitcase all the while, desperately trying to close it with all his might.

„It won’t- work!“ He wheezed and give up. 

„Did you put the coat in there?“

„Yes but it’s so big!“

„You are going to wear it anyway, no need to pack it.“ She laughed and helped her son taking the jacket out again. „Hurry up, we need to go to the airport soon.“

 

It was still dark outside and Seungri knew that his parents booked an early flight to save money. He wouldn’t complain though, his parents were poor and it was a wonder that he got to experience a trip with a flight on top of that.

 

„Will papa not come with us? He’s still not here.“ The boy asked with a frown at the realization, he nearly forgot about his father, but that wasn’t really surprising, his father never joined them on anything, he barely ever showed up in general.

„We will meet him at our destination, he will pick us up from the airport.“

„Really?! I will see papa again?!“

„Yes, I’m excited too, honey!“

 

It had been some time since Seungri heard his mother laugh and now that she did he had a feeling that this vacation would be awesome. There was one thing that bothered him though and at first he didn’t quite understand what exactly it was him but after some time he realized that he simply wanted to share this experience with Jiyong. The older boy had always been by his side since the day they met, it would only be logical if he would spend Seungri’s first vacation together with him.

 

„Come on, let’s go, the cab is waiting for us.“

 

 

 

Seungri’s first flight was extremely exciting for the little boy. Just the mere thought of being above the clouds had always been enticing to him but actually experiencing it was a whole different story. It felt foreign but Seungri liked it, he always liked adventures and being a hero flying should be an everyday thing to him.

His mother had trouble keeping Hanna silent though, his little sister was a troublemaker, even after she turned three, just like Seungri she couldn’t keep quiet.

 

The flight itself was over relatively fast, it only took about three hours, and when they landed Seungri, although he looked forward to the vacation, was anticipating the flight back even more. He couldn’t wait to tell Jiyong about it.

Absentmindedly he took a hold of the amber necklace the older had given to Seungri a few years ago. He still wore it to this day after all it was a symbol of their promise. Not one day since he received it had he not worn it. He was sure it would bring bad luck if he actually forgot one day.

 

As soon as the family left the plane and arrived at the airport building Seungri knew they were in Hong Kong. His mother had tried so hard to keep it from him during the flight as she put earphones on him so he wouldn’t hear anything the pilot said, but Seun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter