The Beginning

I Am A Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

„Leave me alone you stupid prick, just because you are a head taller than me doesn’t mean that I am scared of you! Of you and your stupid friends!“

 

A thin squeaky voice could be heard screaming those hate filled words, aimed to cut and hurt the sheer confidence and pride of the opponent.

 

„Wanna get hit again, midget?“ A voice, slightly deeper, but not entirely so, answered, the threatening tone way more credible than the one before.

„Quit acting like your the king of this playground, an ugly face like yours could never come that far to begin with!“

„Jiyong! Stop it, he’s really going to beat you up again! He just turned nine, he’s two years older than us too…“

„You are such a chicken, Bae!“

 

Two seven year old best friends glared at each other, partly forgetting that they were facing a group of older children trying to chase them off the playground.

Youngbae wanted to leave as soon as the bullies arrived but Jiyong, being the trouble seeking idiot he was, tried to defend their right to use the swings and so they stood in front of them, probably only another one of Jiyong’s stupid remarks away from being beating into pulps.

 

„I’m going to ing stand my ground!“ Grumbled the braver one of the two children and earned a shocked gasp from his best friend, who was highly displeased about his severe swearing.

„Ji! That’s a no-no word! We are not allowed to say that!“

„That’s right!“ The tall enemy suddenly interfered, extremely peeved that he was being ignored. „Babies like you shouldn’t say such words.“

„Yah! I’m not a baby!“

 

Jiyong was clearly fed up and Youngbae knew if he didn’t do something then the person starting a fight wouldn’t be the big guy, who was known as Boss, but Jiyong himself.

Though, what could Youngbae do? He was scared of Boss, like every other child except Jiyong obviously, and he was neither outstandingly strong nor tall. But despite everything he also wanted to protect his friend, after all he was younger than Youngbae by a few months, it was his duty to take care of the younger as a hyung, right?

 

„This is not your playground!“ Jiyong yelled again, trying to make himself look bigger. „Everyone is allowed to play here!“

„We’ll see about that, gnome!“

 

And then the thing Youngbae feared the most happened. 

He saw how the chubby fist of Boss came flying towards the younger, appearing like those slow-motion scenes of the action movies his father forbid him to watch, and within milliseconds it connected to Jiyong’s jaw, sending him flying to the ground with a loud thud. That would cause a mean bruise.

Laughter could be heard from the group behind their giant leader and all Youngbae could do was bending down to his friend to take a look at the damage he suffered from the previous attack, still with the fearsome thought in the back of his mind that he might be the next victim.

 

„A- are you okay, Ji?“ 

 

Damn it, his voice was shaking. He wasn’t a great help to the younger, he wasn’t of any help at all.

Said one, though, simply huffed and got up onto his feet again, brushing the dirt off his clothes with his now scraped hands before wiping the blood from his chin, that kept dripping down since his cheek collided with the rough sand beneath him. 

 

„Damn you…“ Jiyong snarled and saw how the bigger was lunging at him yet again, probably attempting to finally silence the talkative seven year old. Jiyong wasn’t ready to dodge the attack though, the one before had him wobbling and Youngbae couldn’t save him either, the older was shaking in fear, he simply wasn’t used to this. It wasn’t in his nature, he was too kind hearted and obedient, literally the child of every parent’s dream so there was no way he would talk back to someone stronger than him.

 

Youngbae squeezed his eyes shut and so did Jiyong, knowing it would hurt a lot worse his time. He waited for the impact and the possible concussion resulting from it, his mother would have to drive him to the hospital again, just like three month ago, when Jiyong and Boss had their last dispute.

 

„OUCH!“

 

I pained scream, loud and deafening, startled everyone but against their belief it didn’t come from Jiyong.

 

It was Boss.

 

„Huh?“ The youngest opened his eyes again to see what caused the scary bully to stop attacking him and instead being the one who ended up hurt.

Boss, eyes squinted into narrow slits, turned his back on him angered and looked at something else, something small. 

What was that?

 

„Hey! Dwarf! Who do you think you are?!“ The bully growled at the little thing, towering over it like an oak over a primrose.

 

Jiyong’s gaze fell on the tiny fellow, who suddenly started moving and stumbled in front of the two best friends. It was a small boy - much smaller than Youngbae and Youngbae was already very damn small - wearing a fluffy black and white jacked, a panda hat with ears and a bag which straps he clasped onto tightly. His eyes were big and round, rimmed by dark circles and frowning eyebrows while his lips were pouting strongly, making his cheek seeming chubbier than they already were. Only a bit of curly black hair peeked out from under the panda hat and it looked so squishy and soft, for a second Jiyong got distracted.

 

„I’m Seunghyun!“ A tiny voice, almost as tiny as the boy himself, said as he determinately pointed an even tinier finger at Boss. „And you baaad guy!“

 

It was so hard for Jiyong not to laugh, it just looked so ridiculous how that boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter