Happy until whenever

I Am A Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

When Seungri got older, Jiyong noticed, the younger, despite becoming a tiny bit taller and smarter, definitely didn’t become any less cute. 

After he turned six Seungri’s sentences got longer, his grammar couldn’t be compared to just a year ago and from the way the kid formed his phrases Jiyong knew that Seungri was an incredibly smart child. Though, he never talked that said way if he didn’t have to, he only did when he tried to impress someone. Bullys for example. But it was sad how he wouldn’t say „Me wants that!“ or ask things like „What is a Canada?“ anymore, he had learnt so fast, it was quite unbelievable to the point where Jiyong doubted that the younger needed to visit the first year of elementary school, he could just skip right to the second.

But Seungri was still cute and so were the things he said, except for the fact that he barely ever made mistakes while talking now.

 

„Hyung, look at my jacket, it’s so cute!“ Seungri giggled as he ran up to Jiyong, who had been waiting in front of the younger’s house in order for them to go to school together. 

Yes, today was Seungri’s first day of school.

 

„Oh! It looks like the one you used to wear when I first met you.“

„Right? I think panda clothes suit me the best!“

„They do.“ 

 

Jiyong held out his hand for Seungri to take like he always did and the boy happily took it. His hands were still small and so was his body, he did grow but compared to his friends of the same age he was still rather tiny and his cheeks rather chubby.

The older knew he’d have to get used to the thought of Seungri growing out of those baby-like features but he couldn’t quite imagine him any different.

 

Jiyong himself had lost most of his baby fat by now, he wasn’t especially tall but he was skinny and had a mixture of soft and sharp features that, depending on the situation, made him either look young and a bit feminine or scary and mature.

He was happy with his appearance, he did get bullied for it sometimes but he wasn’t bothered by it, if someone was stupid enough to annoy him they also knew that their face might or might not be met with Jiyong’s fist. If Seungri knew about that he’d definitely get angry at the older for being such a bad role model.

Also, let’s not forget that Jiyong would turn only nine sometime soon.

 

„Are you excited? From today on your are officially a student.“

„Of course, now we can always go to school together and my friends from kindergarten are there too. You know, my mum especially bought me this awesome folder with superman on it! I totally feel like I’m growing up now, how long does it take to become an adult anyway, well, you are not an adult but sometimes it feels like you are and Seunghyun hyung is so tall, he could be an adult too, he is ten already isn’t he, that is so old, I can’t even imagine how it must feel like to be so much taller than everybody or maybe he isn’t that tall and I am just too small, what do you think, am I right, actually, I think I am right and-“

 

And so Seungri rambled on like every day. Jiyong really didn’t get tired of it, he knew he was probably the only one who thought that way because Seungri’s mother always told her son to stop talking and Jiyong’s friends, even though they loved Seungri, eventually stopped listening to his endless monologues, which Seungri, by the way, never noticed.

But Jiyong didn’t, he always listened until the very end and that would probably never change.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

„How was it?“ Seunghyun, the oldest amongst the five friends, asked Seungri, who snapped out of his day dreams and his strange and very unusual quiet behavior. 

„Hm?“

„I asked how your first day of school was.“

 

Jiyong had been curious too but that soon had morphed into worry as Seungri had barely said a word since his friends had fetched him from his class room. He wasn’t being bullied, was he? If so, Jiyong would make sure it wouldn’t happen ever again. Nobody was allowed to hurt his little Seungri.

 

„It was great, it was fun, really.“

„Are you sure? You don’t look too happy.“ Daesung interfered with a soft frown on his face.

„Yes, I already made friends and all.“

„That’s awesome then, right?“

„I told you, it was great.“

„Okay.“

„Okay.“

„…“

 

They kept on walking with a deafening silence that neither of them had experienced in the presence of the youngest before. Seungri always talked, mainly because he was nearly always happy and if he wasn’t, he talked about how unfair whatever happened to him was. For him, a reason not to ramble on didn’t exist, or so Jiyong thought.

 

Eventually Youngbae tried to start a conversation to losen up the tense mood but despite a few forced words here and there Seungri didn’t contribute anything to it, so in the end only Youngbae himself, Seunghyun and Daesung were talking about some rumors about Boss, the big meanie, and while Jiyong would’ve loved to join in, he was way to busy to stare at the youngest, who was holding his hand uncharacteristically weakly. Just what had happened? What was on the boy’s mind that made him this miserable? Or did he get sick?

In all that time Jiyong knew the other he’d never seen him sick so he wouldn’t know.

 

„Well, see you tomorrow maknae, get some rest, perhaps you are just tired. The first day of school is always exhausting.“ Youngbae said smiling as he gently ruffled Seungri’s hair. Him and the other two, except Jiyong and Seungri, would go straight home from there on while Jiyong would bring the youngest home.

 

„Okay.“ Again, such a short reply.

 

Seunghyun and Daesung exchanged a few worried looks but didn’t comment on it any further, instead they said their goodbyes as well before they left.

 

Jiyong let out a silent sigh before he turned to Seungri with an encouraging smile, a sign to continue their way to the boy’s home.

The walk was quiet again and Seungri constantly looked at the ground, perhaps seeming sad or even ashamed, Jiyong couldn’t tell, he’d never experienced the other like that.

 

„… Do you want to talk about it?“ He attempted, not sure if it would work, but there was no harm in trying, right?

„About what?“ Seungri didn’t even look up but he didn’t sound angry or annoyed, which was a good sign at least.

„About why you feel so down. It’s just between the two of us, I promise not to tell anybody, okay? I can see that you are upset but I wish I could help you.“

„You can’t help me.“ There, it was start.

„Then who can? What makes you sad?“

 

Finally the smaller boy looked up and as soon as his eyes met with Jiyong’s, a tiny smile crept onto his lips. It was a relief, really, to see him smiling, even if it was barely a hint of his lips curling up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter