Be Quiet

D.M.s with I.M
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You and Hyungseok have been talking every day for over a month now. You had even traded kakao’s and were talking that way now, instead. You still hadn’t seen an actual picture of him quite yet, but you weren’t going to push it because you didn’t want to lose him as a friend. You had already grown so used to talking with him every day.

Today, he planned on calling you over voice call, and you were actually kind of nervous. You had never actually spoken with someone from tumblr before. Sure, you had been in group chats, but that was just texting and those always died down within the first couple of days anyways. No, this was way different. You were afraid that you might pronounce his name wrong or something, but you didn’t want to worry too much about it. Hyungseok had also started teaching you the Korean alphabet (Hangul), which actually wasn’t that hard, but slightly confusing. You knew how to write your name now, though, which you found super exciting.

Kakao started vibrating like crazy, so you looked over to see that you were getting a phone call from Hyungseok.

“Hello?” You pick up, confused as to what to say to him.

“Oh my gosh, (y/n)!  I was afraid you weren’t going to answer! How are you?” He asks, his English sounding very good.

“I’m good. How are you, Hyungseok?” You ask, and then bite your tongue, afraid that you had pronounced it wrong.

You hear someone in the background ask what sounds like a question, and Hyungseok simply replies to his friend and goes back to you.

“I’m great actually! However, I’m sorry to cut this so short, but I was just called in to go do some work. I thought I would have more time today, but I didn’t. I am so sorry, (y/n).” He says, guilt and sorrow being heard within his voice.

“You’re fine, Hyungseok. I know that you’re busy. Good luck and hopefully we can chat again later.” You say, a slight feeling of sadness washing over you for just a second.

“I promise we can chat again soon! I’ll be able to text throughout the rest of the day, so if you’re still awake and want to chat after I finish this, I’ll be here.” He says, trying to show that he was honestly busy, but still wanted to talk.

“I would like that, Hyungseok!” You say, smiling at the thought of even though he was busy, he still wanted to talk to you.

“Bye (y/n)! I’ll text you as soon as possible!” He says, a smile heard within his voice.

You hung up, and went to Instagram, wanting to scroll through and see what was up in the lives of the people you followed. The instant you opened the app, you saw a picture of I.M sitting on a couch next to Wonho, talking on the phone. The text read something in Korean, but because the picture was posted so soon, there was still no translation.

“He looks really happy.” You say, smiling and continuing to scroll down Instagram.

You had gotten distracted and went on to another app, then back to Instagram, which had refreshed as it usually did. The post now had a translation.

“I.M talking with his new friend. He must really like her from the look on his face. Too bad he has recording to do.” Was what the message read.

‘Aww, so cute! I.M has a new friend! I wonder who it could be. She sure is lucky, whoever she is.’ You thought, then exited off of Instagram and on to tumblr to fan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter