006

Alpha Jungkook

 

Jungkook ~

I was in the middle of discussing important matters about the perimeter watch when I caught a whiff of my annoying mates scent. God, how she smelt so amazing and satisfying. How my  wolf purrs to her scent. God, how it drives me insane and kept me up late at night for the past six moths. 

“Alpha Jungkook isn’t seeing anymore at the moment.” I can hear my house maid I stationed outside my office room, say. I didn’t even have a chance to blink because she had already opened the door, and barged in. 

Well, how extremely rude of her. I’ll have to teach her about manners later.

I didn’t need her to tell me that she was furious, when I can literally smell her anger. Why? I’m about to find out why, I guess.

The house maid apologized for not being able to stop Haeri. Not that I can blame her for it. I excused her, then turned my attention over to Jun. “Jun, do you mind leaving the two of us alone. I can see that Haeri here has a lot of explaining to do, as to why she would rudely barge into here.” I can see the hesitation in his eyes, but nevertheless, he obeyed my orders.

I instantly regretted letting Jun go, when I heard the door close and my mate, going ape on me. 

“How can you, out of all people be my mate!” Haeri shouted, which made me surprise at her unexpected outburst. 

I chuckled and stood up, “what makes you think I’m happy about this?”

“So you ing knew?” I can tell how mad she was by the tone in her voice. If I were a lower status than her, I’d probably my pants. But Alpha’s don’t their pants.

I closed my eyes, trying to keep myself calm. “Yes.” A moment of silence fell over. “I knew six months ago, but I confirmed it when I saw you in the woods the day I came to meet the alpha of the Freedom Pack.”

“What?” She seemed confused. I can tell she was asking herself questions. Her face was so easy to read, but I don’t blame her for reacting this way. If I found out my mate was an annoying person, I would have flipped this land, trying to find the moon goddess and forced her into changing my fate, and mate to a better person.

“I was making my way back to my territory, when I caught a whiff of you, but I chose to ignore it the first time. When I caught it again, my wolf took over, and that’s when I saw you.” I explained, and also was now a few steps away from her. 

“Why? Why is this happening to me?” It sounded more of a mumble to herself, but furrowing my brows- I heard it all. Kind of an alpha thing to have super good hearing.

“What? You’re not happy your mate is the Alpha of the Gluttony Pack?” I asked, not wanting her to know how I really felt about this. It was only natural to feel hurt, when your mate doesn’t want you back. It feels worst when the feeling of not wanting your mate mix in with it too. 

“I hate it. I would rather die, then end up with you.” Anger spread through my body like a forest fire spreading through the whole forest. I was angry, but my wolf was angrier. By the time I knew it, my wolf had pushed me, and I was an inch away from her.

“Who do you think you are, to talk so low of me? An alpha!” I growled, but I didn’t see any reaction from her, which made me angrier. Actually, I can say that it made my wolf angrier than before also.  

“I reject you.” When those three simple words left her lips, I found myself pinning her against the nearest wall. It surprised me because I was doing this by myself. My wolf didn’t need to step in at the moment, because this was how I genuinely felt. Anger. Irritated. Embarrassed. Rejected.

“Whether you like it or not, you’re my mate.” I said through gritted teeth, turning irritated by the minute.

She rolled my eyes, scoffing at me in disbelief. “Well, for you, cause I’m rejecting you.”

A low growl came out of me as I launch myself towards her. Pinning her under my large muscles, I can see her squirm trying to fight her way out of my hold, but it was no use. She stopped fighting when I suddenly leaned in dangerously close, allowing her to feel my hot breath on the crook of her neck. This was not my wolf’s doings. I repeat, this was my own doings.

“I wonder,” I began, I looked her dead in the eyes and smirked, “if I kissed that pretty little mouth of yours, will you shut up for once?”

I can see her shocked expression at my sudden challenge. But what shocked me was when she suddenly smirked after a while, and looked at me, locking eyes with me and said, “I don’t know, why don’t you try it and we’ll see.”

This woman, I can already tell that we’ll definitely regret it if we took it any further. 

“You’ll regret saying that.” With a smirk, I leaned in, but before I could do anything, she pushed me away and threw a glare my way. 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” She asked, almost shouting. 

I smirked, “well, I was about to kiss you, but you chickened out.” I said it so casually that it probably made her blood boiled more from anger. Oh, if only you could see the look on her face. It was like she lost, but refused to accept her fate.

“Screw you, I’ll reject you right now you little ert.” She said, challenging me.

“I really wouldn’t do that if I were you.”I tried warning her, sounding nonchalant about it.

A smirk played on her lips, “why? You’re scared of rejection?” 

“No, not at all. I’m just warning you that you shouldn’t reject me.” I can tell I was really pissing her off, which made the smirk on my face grow. 

With a smirk on her face, she announced, “I, Haeri of the Freedom Pack rejects Jungkook, Alpha of the Gluttony Pack as her mate.”

The confused expression she had on her face after she saw me smirking, was so satisfying to me. Raising three fingers up, one by one, I folded down my fingers as I did a count down and by the time the third finger folded down, her whole body shook. I knew that she was in a tremendous amount of pain, because I had see this before. Apparently, when a werewolf rejects their mate, they will immediately feel a tremendous amount of pain throughout their body. Everything will be affected by this pain. This pain will last for three days, and if you’re strong enough to make it through those three days, you’ll most likely be dead by the time it’s over. No one in history has ever made it through the pain, after they had rejected their mates. This pain is like a curse from the moon goddess, cast upon all werewolves to remind them that- they should never go against their decisions. Going against a goddess is like going against the persons own fate. And the moon goddess were big on fate. It was their religion to follow. 

In a way, it’s understandable. The moon goddess were like the werewolf god. You can’t go against your own god. [a/n; i’m sorry if this offends anyone. I’m really not trying to offend anyone by saying this- it’s just so that it will match with my story. Please understand.]

Before Haeri could fall down, I had grabbed hold of her, and let her fall into my arms.  

"Make it stop!” She screamed, putting both her hands to the sides of her head. I can see the tears that were now streaming down her cheeks. Her body was burning up, and I can see the sweats forming on her forehead, making her baby hair stick to her face. Not just that, but her nose was bleeding also, which frightened me. Seeing her hurt, my wolf whines, empathizing with her. I would have no soul, if I said I didn’t feel hurt from seeing her hurt. I was mad that she was hurting. I was sad, that she was feeling so much pain, because of our mate bond, I could feel her pain. Of course I didn’t hurt as much as she did. All I could do was hold her in my arms, and try to calm her down. “Make it stop…” her crying, made my heart drop. 

Haeri always seemed like such a strong woman to me. From when I first encountered her, till now. Seeing her so fragile and helpless made me want to rip the earth apart and find the moon goddesses and demand them to make it stop this instant. And if they didn’t, I’d rip their throats out. But all I can do is hold her, and convince her to take back her rejection of me. 

I felt her body slowly relaxed, and then completely calm. I knew she wasn’t calm at all, because this pain never goes away. I knew she was asleep though, from the pain. Quickly, I pulled her from me, then quickly attacked her back to me as I lifted her bridal style and rushed quickly to my bedroom.

 

 

 

 

I laid her on my bed, and rushed to the bathroom connected to my room, to grab a bowl of cold water, and a clean towel. Finishing, I walked back over to my bed, and place the bowl and towel on the nightstand. soaking the towel into the bowl of cold water, I let it absorb some water before wringing it out, and folding it neatly into a rectangle shape, placing it onto her forehead. I can see that she was still sweating a lot, and I only hoped for this to help cool her down. 

Haeri started to move, and mumble words I couldn’t really define. 

I sat next to her, and grabbed her hand to hold. I leaned into her and whispered calm things into her ears, to help her stay calm. 

“It hurts.” She said, weakly. Her voice sounded hoarse. 

“Shhhh,” I tried calming her. I rubbed her hand, and placed my cheeks onto hers. 

I wish I knew how to do things that’ll actually help her more. But the only thing for her to do now is, take back her rejection or else, she might die. My wolf would hate me for the rest of my life if I let that happened to her. I hate to admit it, but I’d hate myself for the rest of my life also, if I let that happen to her.

“Jungkook, it hurts.” Sitting back up, I stared at her worriedly. 

“I know, I know it does.” I said, full of concern. “But there’s only one thing you can do to make it stop.”

“Anything.” She said. “I’ll do anything, Jungkook. Just help me make it stop. Please.” She sounded so broken, that it broke me also. So I held her up, and into my chest. Wrapping my arms around her, I rubbed her arm. 

“You have to say you take it all back. You, rejecting me. That’s the only way.” I could feel her body stiffen. In a way, that hurt me, but I let it slide. 

It was silent, and I knew she was refusing to do what I had told her to do. But I stilled kept my position next to her, and hers the same. I can feel her tears wetting my shirt.

“Haeri.” I said. My wolf was scratching my insides, telling me that if I didn’t convince her to say those nice words, he’d kill me on the spot. “Haeri-ah.” I spoke a more softer tone this time. “If you don’t say anything, you’ll feel this pain you’re feeling now for the next two days. You may think that this is nothing, but it’ll get worst. You might think you’ll make it through, but it is most likely that you’ll come out of all of this- dead.” I had to give it to her though. She lasted so long already. Most people would have taken their mates back the moment they heard the way to break the pain. 

“Haeri, not only you die, but I will slowly die after you.” This was half a lie, and half true. Yes, I will slowly die after her if I fall into depression. It’ll be the sole reason as to why I will never be able to find another mate. Of course, the second time around, the mate bond wont be as strong as the first mate bond, but I’ll be able to live. 

I can hear her crying. She was still in my arms, with her face to my chest. I was basically just hugging her, super tight for support.

A super long ten minutes went by, and my wolf was getting angry at me. Which didn’t really help me at all too.

“I, Haeri, take back my rejection of Alpha Jungkook.” It was like the sun shone brighter after she said those nice words. My wolf was now jumping with joy. I felt the heavy feeling in my chest lift. I felt her body relaxed, and her breathing turned even and calm. I felt a calming warmth in the room, and I smiled. For the first time in forever, I smiled genuinely. 

Once I felt that she was deeply asleep, I laid her back down onto the bed. With one last smile, I stood up and walked out of my bedroom leaving her to rest up. A smirk played on my lips as I walked back to my office, thinking of things to do to her when she wakes up. Oh, she’s going to get it when she wakes up.

 

 

 

 

===================

PLEASE READ: I just wanted to let you guys know that I appreciate each and everyone of my subscribers, but please…. don’t be a silent reader. I want to know what you guys are thinking. Like, if you guys are liking the story so far, or hating it? I want to know your thoughts, and basically what goes through your mind when you read each chapters. So please, don’t be shy to leave me a comment. To the ones that are leaving comments, thank you for letting me know how you guys are feeling about every chapters I’ve put up. And do keep in mind that, the comments and reads are what keeps me writing. 

 

---

 

Okay, very boring chapter, but I wanted to do a quick update I guess. Mostly repeat from last chapter, but yeah.

I hope that you guys enjoyed the chapter :)

Asianfanfics is telling me that I have 2365 words.