001

Alpha Jungkook
Haeri ~
 

The sound of loud banging was heard from outside of my door. Groaning, I silently cursed the thing waking me up from my sleep as I groggily dragged my half asleep body to open the door.

 
“It’s still so early in the morning, what is all the commotion?” I asked, half lid opened as the yawn I desperately tried to hold back came out. Squeezing my eyes shut to clear my vision, I quickly opened them back up to see our Alpha’s Omega standing in front of me. “Hyuk.” I chimed, feeling excited now to see him. He clears his throat, and averted his eyes elsewhere, as he tries not to stare at me. Seeing this, I look down at myself and blush slightly, realizing that I was still in my pajama shorts, and tank top. Hey, it’s like the most comfortable thing to were when sleeping, okay. “Alpha Leo has some things to discuss with you, and would like for you to come down to his office after you’ve had breakfast and readied yourself.” 
 
Frowning, I let out a small sigh, “again?” Hyuk caught the reluctant tone in my answer, and chuckled. “You’ll be alright, Haeri.” Damn right, because you’ll be there looking hot as . “See you later,” and he leaves me, staring at his back figure slowly turning smaller and smaller as he vanishes behind a corner. 
 
Closing my door, I quickly run into the shower to take a hot shower, and change into something comfortable for the day. When I’m done, I take a quick look at myself once more before exiting and making my way to Alpha Leo’s estate. As I step foot outside of the shared building, that all the other pack members and I live in, I immediately felt a thick air of what we call, heat in the air. Oh no, some girl is getting wild because her mate was being an , and now every unmated hormone raging male wolves will want to help her with her needs. Mostly their own- you know men.
 
Shaking my head, I walk over to Alpha Leo’s crib. He’s been ordering me to do all this mission for him, and I am honestly beginning to think that I should be able to rank up, at least. I feel like I am just, right behind Hyuk on this werewolf ranking list. Thoughts of me working side by side with Hyuk, made me happier than a little girl getting a new barbie for her other lonely barbie doll. Ever since I laid eyes on Hyuk, I prayed to the Moon Goddess that she would mate me with him. Doesn’t seem like it’s working so I decided that tonight, I will pray twice before going to bed. Hey, don’t judge me. If you’ve seen Hyuk, then you would know what I am talking about. That man is delicious.
 
I finally found my way to the Alpha’s door, after I forced myself to stop thinking about Hyuk so, disturbingly. The things that I’d do with him though. Okay, clearing my thoughts for the umpteenth time this morning, I knocked on the door of Alpha Leo’s office, stating my name afterwards. 
 
“Come in” I hear him say, slightly muted by the door, before pulling the door handle and stepping in. I was disappointed when I didn’t see Hyuk, but only the Alpha. 
 
“You call me in, sir.” I stated. Leo turned around in his spinning chair, “ah, Haeri.” Yes, that’s my name. “Come, sit.” He ushered for me to sit on the one seated couch in front of his desk, and I did as told. When the Alpha commands something, you just have to do it. Or else, you can say goodbye to daylight. So I sit down, and prepare my mind for what he is about to tell me. Intertwining his fingers together and leaning his elbows on his desk- to support his weight, he leans in with a smirk. “I have a job for you.” The smirk on his face half scares me, and also makes me very uncomfortable.
 
To any other werewolves in the pack, Leo was one of the alpha’s who had the ‘don’t dare look at me, or lose your eyes’ face, and aura. But to me, he’s actually a fluff ball on the inside. “Yes, alpha. Go on.” I said, half interested and half disappointed still about Hyuk.
 
“I need you to train the female wolves in our pack.” That’s it? That’s your job for me? Honestly, I thought he’d want me to guard the border lines tonight. Or brawl with a male wolf to see how strong I’ve become. Do I dare speak about the third idea I had in mind about Leo letting me do? Yes- side by side with Hyuk, on anything and I’ll be fine. But train those weak wolves? Inserts long, agonizing groan here.
 
I wanted to decline this so badly, but instead I say, “of course I’d love to train them.” With a fake smile, I rolled my eyes and groan mentally, wanting to rip his head off for letting me do such a boring job. 
 
“Excellent. You start now, actually. I wanted to prepare them as soon as possible, just in case a war starts between our packs, and the others.” He explained himself, but I only found myself thinking about what Hyuk might be doing as we speak now. 
 
Standing up, I clear my throat and straightened my jeans with my palms. “Well then, I guess I’ll get to work.” Turning on my heels to leave, I grabbed the door handles and opened the door, hearing a “thank you Haeri” before leaving his estate.
 
When I was outside, I made my way towards the training area. Mumbling coherent words under my breath, I obliviously knocked into something hard. Rubbing my forehead, I was about ready to curse the living hell out of whatever it was that I bumped into. My eyes widened by a centimeter or so, realizing that it was Hyuk who looked down at me amusedly. A smile formed on his lips, “Maybe I should have told you before you came, huh?”
 
Glaring at him, I crossed my arms across my chest, turning my head to the side away from him. “Maybe you should have.” I said, trying to sound as upset as possible.
 
“Forgive me, Haeri. I just didn’t want to ruin your morning alright?” I can hear the desperation in his voice for forgiveness, but I decided to drag it on longer by not replying. I hear a sigh from him, as if he had just been defeated. “Fine, how about I apologize by making you dinner tonight?” My head turned to him faster than you can breathe. My face lit up immediately, and I cursed myself for being so easy towards Hyuk. I can see a smile form on his lips again, and I cleared my throat, wiping away the happy expression spread across my face. Well, I tried. “I guess that’ll do.” I said, trying to sound calm as possible.
 
“Alright then, I’ll come pick you up at your place at seven.” I nodded, and the smile I tried so hard to contain, finally showed itself. With that, our conversation ended, and we went our separate ways.
 
I made ways to the training grounds, and saw a good bunch of females there. Some looked like they were able to handle the trainings, and some looked like they wouldn’t even passed the first training. I decided to go with something easy. I made them stretch, as I didn’t want them to pull a muscle or something if they were to be put in combat. Second, I made then throw a few punches at me, while I dodged their attacks. Some of these girls threw some good ones, while others either didn’t try, or just didn’t have it in them because they were like paper flying through the wind. 
 
When I was done with those, I made them buddy up with another girl, and told one to attack, and one to dodge. Now, werewolves have great speed, so it was quiet interesting to watch those girls work hard. I was actually surprise that they looked so hard working. After five minutes, I told them to switch their roles, and then training continued. 
 
Throughout the training time, I taught them some self defense moves. Taught them a few tricks that they would possibly need. Some combat moves. I didn’t realize it, but then training period went by faster than I had expected. It was now two in the day, and the sun had begun to beat down on us. I decided to end training for the day, and I began walking towards my building where my room resides in.
 
“Haeri!” I heard a call on my name, and turned to see who it could be. A girl with a small frame, strides towards me and smiled at me. “Yes?” I said. “My name is Sera, and I was wondering if you could personally train me. I admire you, and would like to become someone as strong as you are.” Wow, this surprised me. I mean, it’s because it was my first time hearing this from another person. 
 
“Oh- sure.” I replied. I might seem like a , but I was definitely not one. I can see her face brightened immediately. “Thank you,” she bowed. I returned her smile, and pat the back of her shoulder, straightening her back up. “Go rest, our personal training will start tomorrow, after the regular training.” I said, and turned back to go to my room after I caught a glimpse of her smile.
 
 
 
Opening the door to my room, I step in and closed the door behind me. Knowing that i reek of sweat, I started to strip my shirt off, and tossed it into my dirty laundry bin as I enter my room. Taking my jeans off next, I go and grab my towel and then head straight into the bathroom to take a cold shower.
 
As the water runs down on me, I begin to think about earlier when Hyuk asked me to eat dinner with him. Honestly, I don’t know if he was just feeling bad, or took it as an opportunity to ask me out for dinner, but either way I was glad that he did. Washing the shampoo out of my hair, I close my eyes to prevent any shampoo from entering my eyes, and stinging it. Then it hits me. What the hell am I going to wear when Hyuk comes get me for dinner? When I was done, I turned the shower off and grabbed my towel, wrapping it around my body before stepping out. 
 
Rushing to get dress, I searched my room for an outfit for later tonight. Thank goodness I found a cute dress in my closet. But wait, why am I dressing up? It’s not like its a date, right? Its an apology dinner, you dimwit. I lightly smacked my forehead with my palm, and threw my dress back into my closet. Whatever, I’ll just wear a semi see through t-shirt.
 
Glancing over to my clock as I made my way out of my bedroom, I notice the time. It was a little bit of a quarter passed three. Realizing that I have a few more hours before Hyuk comes and get me, plus my job for today was done, and I pretty much had nothing else to do- I decided to take a nap. I mean, I was woken up quiet early this morning.
 
Turning my heels back towards my bedroom, I make my way over into my room, and went straight to my bed. Tucking myself under the blankets, I yawn and slowly found myself drifting off into dream land.
 
 
 
My alarm rung, and I groan reaching over to the alarm clock that was placed onto my night stand. My eyes widened as I remember about the dinner with Hyuk. Sitting up on my bed, I glance over to the alarm clock on my nightstand, and it showed me that it was six o’ clock. Great, one hour to prep- that’s longer than what I needed. Climbing out of bed, I walked over to the bathroom located just outside my bedroom, to brush my teeth. Why? I mean, don’t your breath has that smell after a nap?
 
When I was done, I quickly went into my room to apply a light layer of mascara on my eyelashes. That’s all I usually do, because make up wasn’t really my thing. Plus, I can barely wing an eyeliner. Walking over to my closet, I hum a tune I made up just now, and search my closet for a long sleeve shirt. It was a simple black shirt, that wrapped tightly around my frame, and semi see through. Grabbing the pair of jean that I had thrown onto the chair, every girl has the chair okay, so please don’t judge me. I slipped the pair of jeans on, and looked at myself in the mirror. I decided to type my hair into a ponytail. I don’t do much with my hair, because it was just too long. Plus, I’m really lazy.
 
Glancing once more at my alarm clock, the time read 6:28 pm. Great- I can probably watch tv for a little bit before Hyuk comes. So I walk into my small living room/dining room, and turned the tv on as I slouched down onto my couch. 
 
Time went by faster than I thought, because it was now 6:57 pm. Hyuk should be here any minute now. So I turned the tv off, and walked to the bathroom- I should at least use the toilet first, before leaving. After the bathroom, I came out and waited. and waited. and waited. The ticks of my clock ticked, and I can literally hear time flying. Hyuk was now thirty minutes late. What the hell is going on? Why is he this late? I didn’t want to think that he had forgotten, so I kept waiting. That was dumb of me because two whole hours passed, and that little er weren’t here still. 
 
Sighing irritably, I stood up and walked myself into my bedroom, ripping my shirt off and then my jeans. Screw Hyuk. I was furious by now. Grabbing my towel, I storm into the bathroom, and entered the shower. Turning the shower onto max cold, I wanted to cool my down before I end up storming myself over to his house and curse him out. 
 
That night, I went to sleep furious and angrier than a she wolf, being and having her mate test her patience. 
 
The next morning, I woke up and went straight to the training grounds. I haven’t seen Hyuk once, so that was good. I didn’t want to see him and explode on him. Wait- speaking of him, I see him making his way towards me. I tell myself to calm down, as he nears me. 
 
“Haeri,” I hear him call my name. Putting on a fake facade, I look at him dead on in the eyes, and I noticed him doing a small flinch. “Look, about last night, I’m so sorry.” I tried to refrain from rolling my eyes at him. “I got so busy after I talked to you, and I completely forgot.” I was about to say something, but was interrupted when I heard someone called Hyuk’s name.
 
“Hyuk,” I turned my attention towards the voice, and saw Sera. She had a huge smile on her face, and I didn’t miss the one on Hyuk’s face too. One minute they were smiling, and the next, he had her in his arms. That wench. I cursed her in my head. What is she doing with her hands around my man? Well, not my man but you guys know what I mean. 
 
My blood boiled more when I saw her tip toe, and place a kiss on his cheek. “Care to explain?” I tried to contain myself from showing any emotions. Cause I was now extremely pissed, and confused.
 
“Last night, I found my mate.” Sera said, smiling as she looked up at Hyuk, and him looking down at her reciprocating her smile. And then it clicked. Hyuk lied to me, and didn’t even acknowledge that he did. Three words, and one very furious Haeri- what. the. .
 
“Wait, so you two are-“ do I dare to let this word slip out from my own mouth? “Mates?” The pair smiles at me, then went on to rub their nose eskimo kissing very affectionally, in front of me. 
 
Hyuk turns to me with a smile on his face and answers, “yes. I found her last night, and you don’t know how glad I am, and how happy I felt last night.” At his words, Sera lightly hit his chest, and and blushed. They- I didn’t want to accept the fact that they were mates, and that they did it last night. 
 
Clearing my throat- more like clearing the anger that was about to expose me from my voice, I said, “Sera, can you let the girls know that there won’t be any trainings for today? I’m suddenly not feeling well, for some reason. Must have ate something bad this morning.” I faked a nice voice.
 
Concern lit over her face, as she came near me- reaching out, but I slyly backed away, “are you okay?”
 
“Yeah, I think I just need to walk it out a bit. And our trainings will begin tomorrow.” I said, then excused myself and walked calmly away. When I was positive that I was out of sight from anyone, I began to run. I don’t know where my destination was exactly, but I was in pain and I wanted to get away from that place. 
 
Hyuk, the first man to ever talk to me when I entered this pack. The first person to care for me. The first person to make me feel like I belonged. The first person I ever fell so hard for. He was mated, and it wasn’t with me. Can you imagine the pain that I am going through? Can you imagine the anger that is roiling up in me? Tears blurred my vision, as I came to a stop. I let out a loud cry, as the tears flowed down my cheeks. Is this what it feels like when, a wolf gets rejected by their mate?
 
Swear, I cried for the longest time I could ever remember crying for. My eyes were probably red, but I didn’t care. I decided not to head back to the pack ground yet, because I didn’t want anyone to know about this weak side of me that just appeared. I was on top of a tree branch, leaning against the tree. Closing my eyes, I try my hardest to wash away the memories of Hyuk. He found his mate, so I can’t think like this towards him anymore. No more feelings. 
 
A few minutes passed, and my shots opened. There was an unfamiliar scent in the pack’s territory. Jumping down from the tree, I try to sniff the scent. It wasn’t too far from where I was, and no one could smell it from the pack grounds. Where was the border patrollers? 
 
I followed the scent, and soon I found myself running to find out where this trespasser was. It was close, because I could smell it on the tip of my nose. As I kept running, I saw a wolf figure. It was in it’s wolf form, which meant that I had to be extra careful. 
 
“Who are you?” I growl a deadly growl as we were now facing face to face. No response- only low growling's from under their canine. “What are you doing here? You don’t belong in this part of the woods.” I said, not showing it any signs that I was going to let it go easily, without getting some questions. Before I know it, the wolf in front of me was charging itself at me. Thankfully I had quick reflexes, so I dodged it in time. Now I was sure that it was a male wolf. I mean, I already knew that but some female wolves were big too.
 
Throwing that aside, I charged back at the wolf, as I take out my small pocket knife that I always carried around with me. With one slash, I knew I got him because I heard him whimper in pain. Well, it was a mix between a whimper and a growl. Before I can go back and attack again, he ran off. I tried to chase him, but realized that it was no use. I had to go back to the pack and inform Alpha Leo about this intruder. Plus, I needed back up, just in case.
 
So I began running back to the pack ground. I passed by many trees, and maintained myself from tripping on anything because that would surely slow me down. If I was fast enough, maybe we can come back and actually catch this intruder. 
 
 
 
 
I was now back on our pack’s ground, and so I charged towards the alpha’s estate. I ignored all the greetings that I got from the other pack members because that would slow me down, and we wouldn’t be able to catch the scoundrel from earlier. 
 
“Alpha Leo, I have something to tel-“ I bursted thought the door and began yelling, but came to an abrupt stop when I noticed a few unfamiliar bodies and scent in the room with him. Well, there was one familiar scent, and I suddenly stand guarded. 
 
“What in the world do you think you’re doing?” Leo used his alpha voice, which caused me to shiver in fear.
 
“I was in the woods, and there was an intruder!” I finally get to say. 
 
“Wait, what?” He seemed confused.
 
“And the same scent I fought with earlier is in this room.” I blurted. At this, I hear a chuckle come from the man who sat with his back towards us. Slowly, he got up and stride towards us- I watched him make his way here, and notice a deep cut just above his eye, extending towards his temple.
 
And then Leo laughed. “Dude, you got slashed by Haeri?” At this, the man glared at Leo. I furrowed my brows in confusion- Leo, noticing this swings an arm over my shoulder. “Haeri, I’d like you to meet my good friend, Jungkook. Alpha of the Gluttony pack.” What?! I screamed in my head.
 
Wait, I managed to land a clean attack on an alpha? I mean, I attacked an alpha without realizing it? Slowly, I made eye contact with Jungkook, and saw a smirk played onto his lips. I don’t know if anyone else sensed it, but I sensed that he was pissed, because his anger was levitation all around him. Suddenly, I found myself wishing someone would have told me he was an alpha before I mindlessly slashed his face. I’m ed. -e-d.
 
 
=====
Hope you enjoy the read :) Sorry, my english isn’t very good, so please bare with me.
P.S. I'm quite a slow updater also. AFF is telling me this is 3,866 words. Wow, that's the most I've ever written.