Starting the Show

We Belong Together

Yoona walked out of the YG building with a frown on her face.  She could not resist but display her emotions of disappointment over the whole situation that she was in.  She had it worst than Siwon, Jessica, and Taeyeon.  Those three only had to film a movie or a drama with YG artists.  Yoona had to raise a little boy and live with one of them.  Yoona walked towards her car and looked around to make sure that none of the 2ne1 members were watching her.  She went into the passenger seat of her black Lexus and shut the door.  She started to take off her clothes and she started to change into a pair of jeans and a shirt that she had packed in her backseat.  She always kept an extra set of clothes in her car if she ever needed to change.  Yoona opened the door to her car and walked towards a trash bin where she disposed of her soiled clothes.  She went into her car and then drove off home.

Seunghyun watched her drive off behind his black Audi.  He saw her throw her clothes in the trash bin and then drive off discreetly.  He guessed that she didn't want her label mates to find out that she was attacked by the 2ne1 members.  It was as if she didn't want to cause any trouble.  He sighed and entered his car.

"What an odd woman," Seunghyun muttered under his breath.


As soon as Yoona went home, she was bombarded by random questions.  Her head was in a blur as many people surrounded her.  Her group mates were around her as well as six members of Super Junior, two members of f(x), and three members of SHINee.  She didn't know how all of them could fit in their dorm.

"What did they say in the meeting?" Jessica inquired.

Minho waved his hand in front of his face, "Why do you smell like rotten tomatoes?"

"Did they do something to you?" Leeteuk asked.

"When are you going to start to get to work?" Sulli questioned.

"Everyone, be quiet!" Yoona demanded, "My head is already hurting."

Everyone saw how stressed Yoona looked.  It was as if she didn't want to even talk to them.  She had both of her hands on her forehead as she tried to make it out of the crowd surrounding her.

"I just wanted to let you guys know that I need to start packing already.  Tonight is the first night of many nights that I'll be living with Choi Seunghyun," Yoona announced, "The two bosses want us to live together for the next seven months or so.  We'll be promoting our songs together, and we'll have a variety show starring the both of us."

"Omo, you're so lucky!" Krystal squealed.

Everyone's eyes flashed towards the teenage girl as she gave a shrug.  

"What?" Krystal asked, "I may be a teenager, but it doesn't stop me from thinking that he's super cute."

___________

Seunghyun had his bags packed as he spent the last few moments with s in their dorm.  He was going to miss them.  Of course he was going to see them for practices and hangouts, but he wouldn't be sleeping under the same roof for the next seven months or so.  He sat on a sofa next to Daesung who hugged him tightly.

"Hyung, I'm going to miss you," Daesung said.

"Gosh, you're so dramatic.  It's not like I'm moving away to another country," Seunghyun smiled, "I'm just going to another house.  In fact, I can't wait until I'm able to move back here."

Seunghyun felt a soft pillow hit him at the side of his head.  He looked at the direction in which the pillow had hit him and saw Seungri looking at him with daring eyes.  Seungri had his hands on his hips as Jiyong and Young Bae giggled at the fearless maknae.  Seungri had his eyebrows scrunched up together as he gave a pout.

"How can you act as if you don't want to live with Im Yoona?" Seungri questioned, "She's just amazing!" 

"She is one of our enemies," Jiyong reminded him.

"I don't care!" Seungri cried out hilariously, "If Hyun Suk hyung had just given me the job instead of Seunghyun hyung, this rivalry would have been over.  She is like Juliet and I am like Romeo.  Two hearts from rival families connect as one.  Aish, I'm so jealous of you, hyung!"

Seunghyun didn't understand why Seungri had a big crush on Yoona.  Of course everyone knew that he had a crush on Yuri, Yoona, Seohyun, and Tiffany, but Seunghyun didn't understand why so many guys liked Yoona.  He had to admit that she was one of the prettiest idols out there, but other than that, he didn't see what was so significant about her.  Seungri and Daesung had developed crushes on various SNSD members after they starred in numerous talk and variety shows together.  Bom and the other would always scold those two for thinking that the enemies were pretty, but they couldn't stop them from having their own personal opinions.

Seunghyun adjusted his glasses as he took a deep breath. 

"I'd be more than happy to let you have this job," Seunghyun offered.

Seungri sulked, "I already tried.  I asked Hyun Suk hyung if I could take your spot and he already said no.  You're so lucky.  You get to see Yoona's flawless face everyday for many months.  You also get to live in a bigger house with her.  I heard the house is bigger than our dorm and SNSD's dorm combined.  The boss told me that there's four bedrooms.  There is one bedroom for you and Yoona.  There's another one for that baby, and there's two guest rooms.  One guest room is for Big Bang members, and the other is for SNSD members.  I was told that SNSD and Big Bang members are the only ones allowed to sleep over there."

"You guys should sleep over everyday so that I won't be alone in the house with that child and Yoona," Seunghyun said sarcastically.

"Great idea!" Seungri exclaimed.

The ladies of 2ne1 entered their dorm after they knocked twice.  The four beautiful ladies were still dressed in their stage outfits and it was obvious that they had just finished a performance.  Bom and Chaerin took a seat next to Seunghyun and Daesung while Sandara and Minzy sat next to Young Bae and Jiyong. Sandara still had her pineapple hair.  Bom's red hair was down and she looked like a redheaded barbie.  Minzy's purple hair was straight and sleek while she brushed her fingers through them.  Chaerin's blonde hair was tied in a high ponytail.  Their makeup was carefully drawn to their faces as if their faces were pieces of art.  They looked absolutely amazing even if they were tired.

"We heard that you're leaving today," Sandara giggled, "Have fun with Ms. Yoona."

"Guys, shut up!" Seunghyun avoided the teasing.

Minzy snickered, "I can't believe you two are paired up together.  I thought they would at least choose Taeyeon or Jessica because they can sing better, but Yoona?"

"She can dance well!  And her singing is improving," Jiyong pointed out.

Bom glared at Jiyong and gave him a suspicious stare.  Jiyong grew uneasy and kept quiet.  The relationship between the two groups was peculiar because 2ne1 knew how to manipulate and boss Big Bang around even if Big Bang debuted first.  They were very persuasive.

"I heard that you helped her find the conference room," Bom indicated.

Seunghyun watched Jiyong nod as he kept his head down.  Bom put her arm around Jiyong's shoulders and leaned her head on his shoulders.

"Why'd you do that?  She's one of our enemies.  Do you remember that time they dyed your stage outfit that ridiculous color of pink?  Pink is SNSD's official color.  There's a purpose for that," Bom scolded, "If you be nice to her, she'll start pushing you around even more!"

Jiyong said quietly, "She's still a woman.  I will still respect her.  I really don't have a problem messing with Super Junior, but I just don't have the heart to pull any harsh pranks on SNSD or on any woman in general."

"Noona, don't tell me that you, Sandara noona, Minzy, and Chaerin were the ones who threw those tomatoes at her," Seunghyun spoke sternly to Bom.

"It was," Chaerin confirmed for Bom.

Seunghyun became frustrated at them.  Those four were the nicest women on earth, but when it came to SM, especially SNSD, they had the minds of criminals.  He looked at them with disappointment as he shook his head disapprovingly.  Minzy and Chaerin began to feel disappointed in themselves to know that one of their oppas was dismayed with their actions.

"You're lucky she didn't rat out on you guys," Seunghyun announced, "The boss asked her who did it and if it was someone from our company, he would delay their album.  She decided to keep silent so that you guys can release your new album on time.  Maybe she isn't as bad as you guys think.  I know that you guys hate all of them, but maybe you guys should start acting like professionals.  If SNSD's fans ever find out what you guys did to her, your group's popularity would drop in a heartbeat.  Did you know that she even changed her clothes before she went to the SM building so that her fans and label mates wouldn't find out that you guys did that to her?  It was pretty angelic of her."

Bom and Sandara stared at Seunghyun with their eyes bulged out.  They could not believe that Yoona was kind enough to keep shut despite being attacked by them.  Regret began to grow in their hearts as they looked down at the floor in shame.  Seunghyun gave a sarcastic smile that boasted off the fact that he was able to change their emotions.  He patted Minzy's head before he stood up and grabbed his bags.

"I would love to watch you guys bask in your thrones of regrets, but I really have to go.  I have to go to SM's building to start my first day on the job.  I'm expecting you guys in my 'wedding' in a few days," he said with a grin on his face.


Yoona waited nervously at the studio room in SM's building for her partner.  She had her luggage outside the studio because she was told that she would have to move into the new house as soon as they finished the first day of recording.  As she waited in the hallway for Seunghyun, she was approached by three familiar faces.  Siwon, Key, and Minho waved at her and then she hugged them.

"What are you guys doing here?" Yoona asked.

Siwon answered, "We skipped lunch because these two were trying to teach me how to dance to Lucifer in the practice room.  It's already three, but we're going to get our lunch.  What are you doing here?"

"I'm waiting for Seunghyun to arrive.  The lyricists are inside the studio and they told me to be on the lookout for my new partner," Yoona explained.

"Oh, sound like fun," Minho tried to be positive.

Siwon rolled his eyes, "It sounds like more of a drag."

"Oppa!" Yoona scolded him.

Yoona's head turned towards the door to the building as she saw Seunghyun entering through the doors.  She gave a bow to him and gave a small smile.

 Key and Minho jogged up to him to help him with his bags.  He bowed respectfully to Key and Minho as they bowed their heads back.  SHINee and f(x) were the only groups from the two companies that were not involved with the rivalry.

"Just put his bags next to mine," Yoona called out to Key and Minho as they nodded.

Before Seunghyun could make his way into the studio room, Siwon stopped Seunghyun by grabbing onto his arm.  Yoona's eyes grew wide as she saw Siwon grab her new partner.  Minho and Key suddenly froze in their places and just stared at him.

"Make sure that you don't try anything with her," Siwon ordered Seunghyun, "She's like a sister to me."

Yoona became embarrassed with Siwon's warning.  She went in between the two men before Seunghyun could even reply.  She pushed them away from each other and separated them both.  Siwon was being pulled away from Yoona and Seunghyun by Minho and Key.  Siwon kept a serious expression on his face that was serious and threatening.  He even shot a dirty smirk at Seunghyun.

Yoona tried changing the subject, "Have a good lunch."

Minho and Key gave a weak smile as they waved at their friend.  Yoona blushed at what had just happened.  Seunghyun experienced a threat from a Super Junior member.  For some reason, he wasn't afraid.  Yoona led him into the recording studio where they looked at the newly rearranged lyrics.  Yoona looked through the papers and saw a paper that had rearranged lyrics for Genie.  Genie was one of Yoona's favorite songs that they had promoted and she was kind of relieved to know that she could promote it again.

The lyricist explained, "Genie is the first song in your mini album.  We rearranged some of the lyrics so that Seunghyun will be able to rap and sing.  Since Taeyeon's part, which is the part that requires high notes, isn't in both of your vocal ranges, we decided to replace that with a rap for Seunghyun.  In the original Genie, it's about a woman wanting to fulfill all the dreams and hopes of the man that she loves.  For the revised version that stars the both of you, Yoona will play the one that woman I just described and Seunghyun will play a man that is thankful for the woman that he loves."

"We're still in the process of writing Seunghyun's parts, so you two should go into the practice room.  Yoona you should teach him some of the dance moves to Genie.  There will be some alterations later," the lyricist added.

Seunghyun and Yoona walked in complete silence as Yoona led the way to the practice room.  The only thing that Yoona was hoping was that they wouldn't run into any SNSD or Super Junior members on the way.  She didn't want to go through an incident like Siwon and Seunghyun's first confrontation.  Yoona was guessing that if she didn't in, Seunghyun would have said a daring reply and it would have ended up in a physical fight.  She knew Siwon enough to know that he would fight back without a second thought.  He was very religious, but when he lost his temper, it was frightening.  

Luckily, they didn't run into any more people on the way to the practice room.  Yoona entered the door to the practice room as Seunghyun observed their practice room.  It was different from the one he was used to.  The practice room in SM was brighter.  It was surrounded by mirrors like the one in YG, but it had a cloud background.

The two were alone together in the large room.  Seunghyun was trying to find a way to break the ice, but he couldn't think of a way to kill the tension.  He then looked directly at Yoona's face.  She had a small piece of food stuck on the corner of her lip.  He approached her slowly as his face went closer to hers.

She immediately felt petrified.  From the moment she saw him look into her eyes, she felt uneasy.  She then felt angered as he approached her slowly as his face neared closer to hers.  She felt angry because she made it obvious that she was afraid of him and he was probably using it to intimidate her.  She thought that he was teasing her and that he was making it clear that he had the upper hand in the collaboration.  Yoona was insecure over her skills and she wanted to show him that she was capable of stealing the show from him.  

She marched to the audio system and began to play the Genie through the speakers.  Seunghyun sensed the sudden change in mood that she had experienced.  One minute, she was really calm, and now she was getting defensive.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing is wrong," Yoona barked back, "Let's just get this over with."

Yoona made the dance session seem like complete hell for Seunghyun.  She made him do the dance over and over again until he got it right.  Yoona made sure that he moved his hips fluidly enough and she also looked at how high he kicked in the hacky sack part of the dance.  Seunghyun was starting to get irritated by her and began to believe Bom's words that she was trying to outshine him.  Just like Yoona, he was starting to grow angry.  Before they could even snap at each other, the door opened.  It was a group of cameras from the variety show.  Yoona and Seunghyun immediately began to smile as they managed to let out some fake laughter.  A card was handed to Yoona by one of the PDs.  Yoona bowed and then began to read it to Seunghyun.

Hello Seunghyun and Yoona!

Today is your first day on "We Have a Family"!  Please go to the address on the back of this card, and you will see your new house.  Have fun! ^^

Yoona looked at Seunghyun as he looked back at her.  They both read through each other's eyes that they were somewhat afraid.  They didn't know how they were going to cope with living with each other.  They also didn't know how they were going to raise a toddler for more than half a year.  They were afraid, but they refused to show it in front of the camera.

"We'll be there," Seunghyun assured the staff as they filmed him.


A/N:  Thank you for continuing to read this!  I hope that it was good enough.  :D