The Concept of Us

In Between Takes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04: The Concept of Us

They dressed him up in a pink sweater, although not his favorite attire for the summer it was a must for the next scene. Luckily the scene is to be shot in the morning in a park by the Han River where the weather was cool and occassional cloudy. And to match, Han Hyo Joo was sporting the same look who seem quite enthusiastic this morning.
Jong suk was throwing glances at her as their PD explained how to go about with the sort of date scene between Kang Chul and Yeon Joo.

A date scene that Yeon Joo invented in her mind, that is.
As the team began to prepare Hyo Joo folds her arms and began to think about a way to play the scene right.

"I think it's best we imagine that its just the two of us in this beautiful park..." she tells him.
He looks at her trying not to smile so widely, "like what happened the other night?" then he tilts his head, "maybe we should do a little stretching too?"

Hyo Joo slapped him playfully in the arm, hopefully no one heard him.
"But honestly I did enjoy it. We must do it again sometime..." Jong Suk voice drifted that she met his gaze. He look so much younger in his attire, the pink sweater actually suited him immensely drawing out his pale features and dark hair. He had stopped talking, as if waiting for a confirmation from her.

"Another walk in the park?" she asked him with one raised eyebrow.
He nods his head and reaches out to touch her hair. It was something she had grown accustomed of in regards with Jong Suk. At first it felt rather awkward, but unexpectedly over time she allowed him to do it to her. The way her hair felt rather comforting, which surprised her. Actually alot of things lately was suprising her.
"I prefer in the evening though" he bites his lower lip and lowers his voice. "It attracts less attention"

"You are serious, aren't you?" she asked in disbelief. It must be the way she said it that made him look a little hurt.
"Well, I mean..." he took a little step back and withdraw his hand tucking them into the pockets of his jeans.
Shaking her head back and forth it was her turn to reach out and squeezed his arm.
"Sure, I would love too" she answered him, "but when?"

That gleeful look in his face returned. "Tonight?" she thought for a second but before she could tell him her answer their PD started to call them into place.

"Don't forget you act on your own place. A little adlib will do.." he tells them.
"Can I kiss her in the cheek or something?" Jong Suk suddenly blurts out making Hyo Joo a bit red.
"Lee Jong Suk!" she exclaimed touching her cheeks. "We will be eating ice cream, how is that going to happen?"
"Noona, your blushing! I was just joking" he pinch her cheeks fondly .

"Okay, just do what you can" their PD tells them and the camera's started to roll. The scene took about three hours tops, that by midday they were down to the last scene with a different outfit.

"Oh I just cannot act all cute" Hyo Joo mumbled enough for Jong Suk to hear. They were standing side by side in the corner waiting for their queue donning a different outfit this time. She in a white long sleeve  and skirt while he in a tucked in polo white shirt and jeans. "It makes me shiver.." she added wrinkling her nose. Jong Suk laughed heartily and patted her hand that was link to his right arm.
"I'd figure you'd say that.." he whispered. "Being cute is really not your thing, isn't it?"
She clicked her tongue and nodded in agreement.
"I feel it's so weird, even if Yeon Joo is madly in love with Kang Chul cannot bring about being cute. I can bring about her feelings for him in a different way as you see in other scenes though" she tells him with a sigh. Jong Suk's hand was now her hand, trying to somehow comfort her.
"Well at least you don't get to do that in all scenes. I cannot also bring about being cute for a long time" then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter